Freshened Focus will debut at Frankfurt

Edstock

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol do you really think that they have emissions control in Eastern Europe, undeveloped Asian countries, China and the rest of the third world countries? This is a worldwide case and the UN should start making countries act to stop the global warming.

they have emission controls in china. they were using Euro III standards from 12 years ago.

Well, and the Rockies. I think most of our air is imported from Japan. But it comes through Canada first. I don't know if that's good or bad.

LINK

In early April, a dense cloud of pollutants over Northern China sailed to nearby Seoul, sweeping along dust and desert sand before wafting across the Pacific. An American satellite spotted the cloud as it crossed the West Coast.

Researchers in California, Oregon and Washington noticed specks of sulfur compounds, carbon and other byproducts of coal combustion coating the silvery surfaces of their mountaintop detectors. These microscopic particles can work their way deep into the lungs, contributing to respiratory damage, heart disease and cancer.

its why I ride a motorcycle when I can, little hair-raising at times but access to the car pool lane and ability to cut traffic when need be.....PLUS 43 mpgs and lately weather has been fantastic for riding. Qestion....aren't they taking the car pool privilidge AWAY from the Prius people soon anyway?

I dunno, all I know is that CalTrans isn't giving em out anymore. They should have limited the program to a much smaller amount because know you have all these morons that are allegedly enviro friendly clogging up the HOV lane with one person in the car.

Isn't Ford marketing PZEV vehicles in California with the Ford eco logo?

Yeah, the good ol' Roadleaf is on the PZEVs along with somewhat more prominent marking.

"Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle" is just so..... not catchy.

BTW---I wonder how many Prius purchases were motivated by HOV access?

I mean the thing is definitely more attractive from a fuel economy standpoint than the Camry hybrid with roughly similar interior volume at a lower price, and people buying it for those reasons (or to get access to a hybrid lane) are probably not going to mind the rock hard short lived tires, and the other foibles of the Prius.

Edited by RichardJensen

Yeah, the good ol' Roadleaf is on the PZEVs along with somewhat more prominent marking.

"Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle" is just so..... not catchy.

BTW---I wonder how many Prius purchases were motivated by HOV access?

I mean the thing is definitely more attractive from a fuel economy standpoint than the Camry hybrid with roughly similar interior volume at a lower price, and people buying it for those reasons (or to get access to a hybrid lane) are probably not going to mind the rock hard short lived tires, and the other foibles of the Prius.

From my understanding and judging from the amount of them on the road with the 'Access OK' sticker, I'd venture to think quite a bit of them. All so they can get in the GD way and drive 30 miles an hour trying to eek out 50 MPG.

Unless it ends up looking like the compact car equivalent of Salma Hayek, I don't think I'll change my opinion.

I think if it looked like a frikken Koenigsegg you'd say the same, along with just about everybody else here..

Either way, they don't have to change a thing for it to be a million times better than the NA 08 Focus which is one of the worst automotive designs in history...

Edited by Blueblood

I think if it looked like a frikken Koenigsegg you'd say the same, along with just about everybody else here..

Either way, they don't have to change a thing for it to be a million times better than the NA 08 Focus which is one of the worst automotive designs in history...

You don't have a clue. How can you say that being that its only your opinion. We don't really truly know how good or bad of a design it is until the public has its say.

Edited by suv_guy_19