Freshened Focus will debut at Frankfurt

Edstock

Do you even realize the ammount of contradictions you're making now?

Um. I was making fun of YOU for going from asserting that the Fusion doesn't have a clock and that the Fusion doesn't have a rarely selected charcoal and beige combo to asserting that the BASE Fusion is missing the 'strongest visual parts.'

And, as we can see, you've retreated from "mostly everyone agrees its less ugly" to "bububu Honda Accord gets better gas mileage than the Fusion."

Which is, of course, your last line of defense because it is not some ridiculous unsupportable assertion, it's a concrete measurable fact.

However, you will have forgotten, by the time the night is over, that you started off with a preposterous and ill-informed assumption and ended up at the same tired old facts: Accord gets better gas mileage than the Fusion.

Thanks for playing. Have fun claiming victory from the jaws of defeat.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, I must have missed your explanation about the LEDs, aluminum, extra 50HP, etc?

Yeah. See you ONLY mentioned the aluminum and the LEDs.

And see, unlike YOU, I actually ANSWERED your question.

You just missed it.

"that would be base price again there Mr. PC."

A car with a lower base price has less standard equipment. Wow. A real shocker, that.

---

As far as the extra 50 hp go, well, what were you saying about AWD?

"it's hardly a popular option"

cry.gifsuicide.gifcry.gif

Just as I thought... no answers, just excuses about the LEDs and the rest.

Price isn't the reason, they aren't THAT expensive.

All that needs to be said is, it wasn't a coincidence you didn't mention the Rabbit anywhere in your post. ^_^

"Bububu it's teh price!!11!"

Edited by pcsario

You don't have a clue. How can you say that being that its only your opinion. We don't really truly know how good or bad of a design it is until the public has its say.

Haha, it's funny hearing YOU say that, I've heard what the public has said, they are all over the internet, just like us, and they all hate it, unless you think it's just robots posting online or sometrhing..

And unlike you, I've actually seen the thing in person.

Haha, it's funny hearing YOU say that, I've heard what the public has said, they are all over the internet, just like us, and they all hate it, unless you think it's just robots posting online or sometrhing..

And unlike you, I've actually seen the thing in person.

Yes but, unlike me, you hate everything. It doesn't matter, because you've already decided its a failure. It could sell 12000000 units and it would be a failure in your eyes. By the way, I go to the same kind of sites. They say nasty things about ANY ford product sold here.

Yes but, unlike me, you hate everything. It doesn't matter, because you've already decided its a failure. It could sell 12000000 units and it would be a failure in your eyes. By the way, I go to the same kind of sites. They say nasty things about ANY ford product sold here.

Oh now I "hate everything" huh? Do you get off on acting like a fool?

Being a Ford fan, or a fan of any companies products doesn't mean you have to like everything they do, or defend every bone-headed move they make like a trained monkey, defending shit, will get you more shit. If Ford is to improve, they must know of their screw-ups, if you politically correct types never let them know about them you'll keep getting them. The 08 Focus has been described as a design food fight, and I haven't seen a more apt description, it looks as if 12 different designers got to design a different section of the car, it has no cohesion, no flow, it's like ugly exploded all over it. Hopefully for Ford it sells, but it offers nothing to lure in people from other makes, and does nothing to change the minds of people who hate Fords. You don't change people's perception of Ford by offering mediocrity or pure junk.

If you were a college football coach you'd be teling your team that their 0-10 record is "good enough" to go to the bowl game, and you'd shout down the people telling you it's not, and that your team must pull out some wins if they are going to at least be competitive.

And you're full of it about what is said about Ford on other sites, vehicles like the F-150, Edge, and Mustang do not get bashed, and are pretty much universally praised because they don't shoot for mediocrity, they are the best in class, period. Their maybe a few blind people out there that like the 08 Focus, but then some guys like fat chicks too, it doesn't make that 60 inch waist any better looking.

I think the only thing that might help it is gas prices, and Sync, but how many people even know what Sync is since Ford doesn't advertise it? And it's not like this is just some stop-gap design to get the Focus by for a few months or a year, this mangled half Toyota Echo/half Sebring thing is going to be with us for at least 4 model years!!! Just imagine this turd 4 years from now against the competition, it's only gonna be bad. The only hope is that Mr. Mulally is going around with the corporate guillotine and making heads roll, and doing whatever he can to get the C2 Focus here ASAFKP.

And you're full of it about what is said about Ford on other sites, vehicles like the F-150, Edge, and Mustang do not get bashed, and are pretty much universally praised because they don't shoot for mediocrity, they are the best in class, period. Their maybe a few blind people out there that like the 08 Focus, but then some guys like fat chicks too, it doesn't make that 60 inch waist any better looking.

But your example sucks...the F-150 gets bashed for having the least "powerful" V8 in its class, The Edge has cheap plastics in its interior. The Mustang has a live axle and cheap plastics interior and is the only car in its "class" period.

I think the only thing that might help it is gas prices, and Sync, but how many people even know what Sync is since Ford doesn't advertise it? And it's not like this is just some stop-gap design to get the Focus by for a few months or a year, this mangled half Toyota Echo/half Sebring thing is going to be with us for at least 4 model years!!! Just imagine this turd 4 years from now against the competition, it's only gonna be bad. The only hope is that Mr. Mulally is going around with the corporate guillotine and making heads roll, and doing whatever he can to get the C2 Focus here ASAFKP.

As for its replacement, it will only be on the market 4 MY at the most with the new C2 model coming along in the 2011 MY or 2012 MY which means a Fall 2010 (just 36 months from now) or a spring 2012 launch. Not to mention product development launches are getting pushed up as part of the recovery for Ford. The 08 Focus hasn't been even advertisted yet nor has Sync...I'd expect to see both in full effect next month.

With that being said, the new Focus is a good maybe even great filler car till the next gen Focus hits North America. Its not a bad car, besides the styling (which is dependent on the buyer anyways) and more importantly its an improvement over the last gen Focus.

Its just like people bashing the 08 Escape...and look how well its doing.

IAA 2007

Pride of place this year goes to Ford's best-selling passenger car, the Focus, which gets a new exterior look, new interior and enhanced features. Ford of Europe's design team added "kinetic design" elements like new trapezoid grills, sleek side view and sweptback headlamps to the Focus to link it visually with such recent vehicles as the Mondeo and C-MAX. In the rear, the Focus gets newly shaped rear glass, new taillamps and new bumper.

Inside, the Focus features new instruments designed for better visibility, a new center console option with such features as a 230 volt inverter and USB audio connection, and new colors and materials.

Beginning in 2008, Ford's state-of-the-art PowerShift transmission will be available in the Focus mated to a 2.0-liter Duratorq TDCi common-rail turbo diesel. The PowerShift is a dual-clutch transmission combining the operation of an automatic transmission with dynamics and fuel efficiency of a manual.

When combined with the 2.0-liter diesel, the powertrain offers 10 percent better fuel efficiency and lower carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions compared to a conventional six-speed automatic. The powertrain will also be available on the C-MAX.

New features include a capless refuelling system, the new Ford Power Button, a button to start the Focus as long as the driver carries the key, tire pressure warning system and LED rear lights. :happy feet:

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=26770

IAA 2007

Pride of place this year goes to Ford's best-selling passenger car, the Focus, which gets a new exterior look, new interior and enhanced features. Ford of Europe's design team added "kinetic design" elements like new trapezoid grills, sleek side view and sweptback headlamps to the Focus to link it visually with such recent vehicles as the Mondeo and C-MAX. In the rear, the Focus gets newly shaped rear glass, new taillamps and new bumper.

Inside, the Focus features new instruments designed for better visibility, a new center console option with such features as a 230 volt inverter and USB audio connection, and new colors and materials.

Beginning in 2008, Ford's state-of-the-art PowerShift transmission will be available in the Focus mated to a 2.0-liter Duratorq TDCi common-rail turbo diesel. The PowerShift is a dual-clutch transmission combining the operation of an automatic transmission with dynamics and fuel efficiency of a manual.

When combined with the 2.0-liter diesel, the powertrain offers 10 percent better fuel efficiency and lower carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions compared to a conventional six-speed automatic. The powertrain will also be available on the C-MAX.

New features include a capless refuelling system, the new Ford Power Button, a button to start the Focus as long as the driver carries the key, tire pressure warning system and LED rear lights. :happy feet:

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=26770

Awesome, this refresh addresses the Focus shortcomings.

But why is the Powershift still diesel exclusive?