Toyota accident

goinbroke2

http://news.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/National/...showbyline=True

Although not mentioned but on the local news, the parents just bought the driver a new car when he turned 16. They were driving beside the girls as they crested a hill and hit a 92-96 f-150 head on. The two guys in the truck walked away with minor cuts and bruises. The shitbox import was flattened/mangled/destroyed beyond recognition.

Not saying a focus or cobalt would of faired better, but man I hate toyota's and can't help think, "what if" they weren't in a tin can import? What if the parents got the kid a 5 year old taurus or crown vic?

Damn what a shame, all four were 16. One minute of not thinking/inattention...

Just realised I gave the wrong link...

The group was travelling inside a sub-compact Toyota Echo when they struck a pick-up truck in the on-coming lane.

All of the teens were pronounced dead at the scene. Emergency officials used the Jaws of Life to remove their bodies from the wreckage.

Two occupants inside the truck survived. They were taken to hospital but later released.

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/National/...showbyline=True

The group was travelling inside a sub-compact Toyota Echo when they struck a pick-up truck in the on-coming lane.

All of the teens were pronounced dead at the scene. Emergency officials used the Jaws of Life to remove their bodies from the wreckage.

Two occupants inside the truck survived. They were taken to hospital but later released.

ALL I CAN SAY IS U ARE SOME KIND OF STUPID, TAKE A FOCUS AND HEAD ON A F-150 AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!!

In reports like these, I wish they would specify whether they were wearing their seat belts. You hear of so many accidents where the people were ejected. You figure Princess Di would probably have survived if she was buckled up. Our first car with seatbelds was our 65 Mustang. It was a novelty back then, so we got into the habit of buckling up EVERY single time we were in the car.

http://news.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/National/...showbyline=True

Although not mentioned but on the local news, the parents just bought the driver a new car when he turned 16. They were driving beside the girls as they crested a hill and hit a 92-96 f-150 head on. The two guys in the truck walked away with minor cuts and bruises. The shitbox import was flattened/mangled/destroyed beyond recognition.

Not saying a focus or cobalt would of faired better, but man I hate toyota's and can't help think, "what if" they weren't in a tin can import? What if the parents got the kid a 5 year old taurus or crown vic?

Damn what a shame, all four were 16. One minute of not thinking/inattention...

What a tragedy! RIP

Not sure why you posted this? Is it to tell us how tough the Ford F-150 is?

Why wouldn't have a domestic 'shitbox' suffered the same faith?

The fact that it was a Toyota does not really matter. The fact that it was a sub-compact does. Would the kids be alive today if their parents had put them in a used Grand Marquis or LeSabre? Probably, however, there are not a lot of teens that would want to drive a grandma car around.

Subcompacts are always the looser in a head on accident unless they are also hitting another small car. An Echo versus an F-150 is just ugly to think about. Poor boys and poor families. What a sad story.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Why didn't you just edit you lead post with the new link? Hey dude I have general contempt for imports, and generally find enjoyment in looking at their crash pics! I do have to say that relishing in a young kids death to push an agenda is morbid and shows a lack of character!

The fact that it was a Toyota does not really matter. The fact that it was a sub-compact does. Would the kids be alive today if their parents had put them in a used Grand Marquis or LeSabre? Probably, however, there are not a lot of teens that would want to drive a grandma car around.

Subcompacts are always the looser in a head on accident unless they are also hitting another small car. An Echo versus an F-150 is just ugly to think about. Poor boys and poor families. What a sad story.

6,000 teenagers die in traffic crashes every year. And 19,000 drivers in general die every year in head-ons. I would suspect many head-ons result because of driver impairment. Advice for parents is to put their teenagers into biggest vehicle they can afford. Mass does matter in traffice crashes and the smaller the vehicle the greater the chance for more serious consequences. For example, a used Taurus costs less than a used Focus, and offers better protection in crash because of its greater mass. If I had teenaged driver, I would feel better if he or she was driving a Taurus as opposed to a Focus. I would gladly give up gas mileage and gain better peace of mind anyday.

On a side note, I just drove my 2002 24 valve Taurus to Ottawa, Illionis and back from Detroit, MI and averaged 29.2 mpg over the entire 700 mile trip. I put the cruise at 68mph, had one extra person in vehicle, AC on, and about 50 pounds in trunk. Now a Focus everything else being the same probably would have gotten about 37mpg, but my Taurus is more comfortable, offers more space, is more safe, and 29.2 mpg is acceptable to most drivers budgets.

Now used Taurus don't have side impact airbags, but all around I would think a good used Taurus offers exceptional value and reliability. A great car for a young person especially. A friends of mine's daughter who is 24 years old just bought a 2006 Taurus for $12,500 and carries her two very young daughters around in it using the back seat infant seat anchors, and has a good, safe car for herself and family at a very affordable price.

I would say a good used Taurus is one of the best deals in automotive market.

Insensitive comment follows: why were four 16-year old boys together in a car after dark?

I don't see this as a small car vs. big car issue, I see this as a parental responsibility issue. In this case four 16-year olds were doing what four 16-year olds do: acting dumb. Usually 16-year olds acting dumb isn't fatal - in this case it was.

If anything, 16-year olds should have the smallest vehicles possible - it ensures that the other drivers have a better chance of surviving the teenagers' dumb acts. I'm very glad the other vehicle's occupants lived - I hope they weren't injured too badly. Those two are the real victims of this accident.

Comment over.

Scott

exactly, im a teenager (18) and i know how dumb most of us act......you said they were driving next to some girls.......well they were fucking showing off and were looking at the girls and boom....2 1/2 tons of metal slammed into them cause one of them was not looking at the road but was looking at some girls

it sucks and i feel for their families but they died a stupid death, thank god the other two people are ok

oh and this had nothing to do with toyota unless their parents bought them it cause they thought it was safe...then it would be shame on the parents

Edited by Ford-150

exactly, im a teenager (18) and i know how dumb most of us act......you said they were driving next to some girls.......well they were fucking showing off and were looking at the girls and boom....2 1/2 tons of metal slammed into them cause one of them was not looking at the road but was looking at some girls

it sucks and i feel for their families but they died a stupid death, thank god the other two people are ok

oh and this had nothing to do with toyota unless their parents bought them it cause they thought it was safe...then it would be shame on the parents

If the parents were smarter. They should have bought these kids a 1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V. At least they would have had a prayer, and they can ride in comfort too!

Anyone who gives their kid a Toyota or Honda as a first car is basically putting their child's life in jeopardy. These cars are not safe and the problem is the media knows it and ain't saying nothing about it!

If the parents were smarter. They should have bought these kids a 1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V. At least they would have had a prayer, and they can ride in comfort too!

Anyone who gives their kid a Toyota or Honda as a first car is basically putting their child's life in jeopardy. These cars are not safe and the problem is the media knows it and ain't saying nothing about it!

You can't tell me that an old junker is safer than a new car. It's very misleading to say that Honda and Toyota do not build safe vehicles. It's not the case and there'so reason to lie about it.

You can't tell me that an old junker is safer than a new car. It's very misleading to say that Honda and Toyota do not build safe vehicles. It's not the case and there'so reason to lie about it.

Please don't take the wind out of his sails. Didn't you read the warning in his sig about making him angry?

What I fail to understand is how the motorcycle manufacturers get a free ride as they make such good profit on the bikes they make. These machines are virtual death machines. Motorcycle riders make up something like 4% of driving public and do about 14% of all fatalities. I cringe everytime I see a young person on his Japanese crotch rocket with shorts on, sandals, and tank top. Often there is girl on back with same lack of clothes on. Many times no helmet even. Other day I was on I-80 going about 70 in heavy traffic and there goes young guy on crotch rocket with no helmet at about 90mph weaving between traffic to get ahead of everyone.

I will never understand why auto manufacturers are made to add more and more safety content almost every year, and motorcycle manufacturers have to add nothing. More and more people are buying them and more and more are dying. About 6,000 motorcyclists become fatalities every year and that number is growing. In many states, even the helmet laws are being repealed. So now they can scatter their brain matter all over the public streets if they want to. It's also amazing to me that auto companies are sued everyday and you never hear about motorcycle industry being sued over making death machines. Crash your bike and you are ejected into street and the least that will happen is you will leave much of your skin on street and most you will lose limbs, and break neck and head open like watermelon. I have been witness to three motorcycle crashes and two resulted in gruesome death and other gruesome debilitating, mutilating injuries. All three have left life long images with me. All happened right in front of me and thus became very personal. On two I had to help out as I was first on scene and the scene was horrific. I also have a buddy fighting for his life right now in hospital after an elderly driver pulled out in front of him and he slammed his bike into side of car. He was helicoptered to hospital as he suffered massive, traumatic, internal injuries. The crash happened two weeks ago, and he still has nonfunctioning kidneys, lacerated liver, opened stomach wound, and on ventilator. He is kept heavily sedated and fed through tube. His odds for survival are about 20% and family is considering their options as each day makes situation look bleaker. The guy is only about 49 and has three kids and all he was doing was going for ride on his motorcycle. And now he is fighting for his life and losing.

Remember, with high gas prices, more and more people are buying motorcycles and more and more are dying on them. I wonder how high the death and injury rate has to go before the Feds notice. We are up to 6,000 and that number is climbing much faster than with car crashes. There are 42,000 vehicle fatalities every years and 6,000 of them are motorcyclists. I simply can't fathom how that number is ignored and how motorcycle manufacturers skate along friction free. You'd be safer being a fighter pilot or skydiving than riding these death machines. The media ignores this story also. States repeal helmet laws and that story is ignored also. Teenage driver and motorcycle death stories are reported and then forgotten by society. Buried and mourned by their loved ones and media and society in general forgets. On to the next one.

I predict that within few years over 6,000 teenagers will become fatalities every year in traffic crashes and over 8,000 will die in motorcylce crashes every year. The numbers will just get worse and generally ignored by media and most of all Feds. The states try and will try, but not the Feds. The Feds have all the power, and for some reason ignore these tragic stories and concentrate on auto industry which make machines so much safer than anythnig else on road.

What I fail to understand is how the motorcycle manufacturers get a free ride as they make such good profit on the bikes they make. These machines are virtual death machines. Motorcycle riders make up something like 4% of driving public and do about 14% of all fatalities. I cringe everytime I see a young person on his Japanese crotch rocket with shorts on, sandals, and tank top. Often there is girl on back with same lack of clothes on. Many times no helmet even. Other day I was on I-80 going about 70 in heavy traffic and there goes young guy on crotch rocket with no helmet at about 90mph weaving between traffic to get ahead of everyone.

No kidding!!! :eek5: I know wearing leather on a hot day is no picnic, but neither is losing the skin on half your body when you take a spill.

I will never understand why auto manufacturers are made to add more and more safety content almost every year, and motorcycle manufacturers have to add nothing. More and more people are buying them and more and more are dying. About 6,000 motorcyclists become fatalities every year and that number is growing. In many states, even the helmet laws are being repealed. So now they can scatter their brain matter all over the public streets if they want to. It's also amazing to me that auto companies are sued everyday and you never hear about motorcycle industry being sued over making death machines. Crash your bike and you are ejected into street and the least that will happen is you will leave much of your skin on street and most you will lose limbs, and break neck and head open like watermelon. I have been witness to three motorcycle crashes and two resulted in gruesome death and other gruesome debilitating, mutilating injuries. All three have left life long images with me. All happened right in front of me and thus became very personal. On two I had to help out as I was first on scene and the scene was horrific. I also have a buddy fighting for his life right now in hospital after an elderly driver pulled out in front of him and he slammed his bike into side of car. He was helicoptered to hospital as he suffered massive, traumatic, internal injuries. The crash happened two weeks ago, and he still has nonfunctioning kidneys, lacerated liver, opened stomach wound, and on ventilator. He is kept heavily sedated and fed through tube. His odds for survival are about 20% and family is considering their options as each day makes situation look bleaker. The guy is only about 49 and has three kids and all he was doing was going for ride on his motorcycle. And now he is fighting for his life and losing.

Remember, with high gas prices, more and more people are buying motorcycles and more and more are dying on them. I wonder how high the death and injury rate has to go before the Feds notice. We are up to 6,000 and that number is climbing much faster than with car crashes. There are 42,000 vehicle fatalities every years and 6,000 of them are motorcyclists. I simply can't fathom how that number is ignored and how motorcycle manufacturers skate along friction free. You'd be safer being a fighter pilot or skydiving than riding these death machines. The media ignores this story also. States repeal helmet laws and that story is ignored also. Teenage driver and motorcycle death stories are reported and then forgotten by society. Buried and mourned by their loved ones and media and society in general forgets. On to the next one.

I predict that within few years over 6,000 teenagers will become fatalities every year in traffic crashes and over 8,000 will die in motorcylce crashes every year. The numbers will just get worse and generally ignored by media and most of all Feds. The states try and will try, but not the Feds. The Feds have all the power, and for some reason ignore these tragic stories and concentrate on auto industry which make machines so much safer than anythnig else on road.

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_street...formance_times/

Excellent point! And some of these bikes can go almost 200 mph!

Edited by atomcat68

Why not? How do you define "an old junker" ??? You tell me...

But from what I read in the newspapers. It sure seems to me that everytime there's an accident with young people involving a Honda or a Toyota they get killed. So don't give me any flack over it. And by the way. If they were driving an older car lets say a 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis for example. I'm sure they would have had a prayer... Would you agree?

Why not? How do you define "an old junker" ??? You tell me...

But from what I read in the newspapers. It sure seems to me that everytime there's an accident with young people involving a Honda or a Toyota they get killed. So don't give me any flack over it. And by the way. If they were driving an older car lets say a 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis for example. I'm sure they would have had a prayer... Would you agree?

If kids were driving in a car, wrecked, and they didn't die, it wouldn't be in the newspaper for you to read in the first place. The only reason you don't hear about kids dying in 1988 Grand Marquis's is because so few kids drive 1988 Grand Marquis's.

I hear just as many stories about kids dying in accidents involving "safe" SUV's. No car is 100% safe.