49 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Kuga
    • Edge

the kuga weighs 3000lbs powered by a 2.0-2.3l I4

the edge weighs 4000 and is powered by a 3.5l V6

apples and oranges.

escape would be better comparison.

exactly what I thought......Kuga is Escape all the way...in which case tick the Kuga for me....way more "cutting edge" pun INTENDED

Of course, any ford that looks good, modern, classy, looks like some Toyota, or not as good as what Ford of North America puts out.

I want something that looks like it was designed this century, not in 1993, and judging by Ford's horrible sales, so does the buying public, the handful of people that post here can't keep Ford going.

If they can't fit a V6 in this which would be hard to believe, that rumored TT 2.5L 4 banger should get the job done, Honda gets by with only a 4 banger, so a 260+ horse 4 banger from Ford should do just fine. From reading all the non-Ford message boards it appears that even the anti-Ford crowd really likes the Kuga, Mondeo, and Euro Focus exterior and interior, and they say they would actually consider buying Ford's if that was what was at their local dealer, but I guess we want Ford to continue losing sales and marketshare..

Hmmm...considering Edge has been outselling Highlander of late and Escape and Rav4 have been flip-flopping on sales leads (both well behind CR-V), I would say the Average Joe Consumer seems to think the Ford designs are pretty up-to-date.

The Kuga is certainly the future to eventually replace the Escape, but to dismiss the current Escape as completely outdated considering how well it's actually still moving off lots is to sell it a little short I think. I really hope they tone down the Kuga a bit before sending it stateside though. I complained for a long time about Fords being boring, but I think the Kuga has gone a little overboard with the kinetic design. Nothing about it really seems to flow.

Hmmm...considering Edge has been outselling Highlander of late and Escape and Rav4 have been flip-flopping on sales leads (both well behind CR-V), I would say the Average Joe Consumer seems to think the Ford designs are pretty up-to-date.

The Kuga is certainly the future to eventually replace the Escape, but to dismiss the current Escape as completely outdated considering how well it's actually still moving off lots is to sell it a little short I think. I really hope they tone down the Kuga a bit before sending it stateside though. I complained for a long time about Fords being boring, but I think the Kuga has gone a little overboard with the kinetic design. Nothing about it really seems to flow.

[/quote

The interior of the two vehicles are not even in the same class. When I voted, I thought that it was in reference to the new Escape with the improved interior but with the "playskool" type climate and radio controls. Why can Ford of Europe have tacticle controls that look like an expensive camera but Ford of North America has to oversize and dumbify the knobs to look like preschool toys?

So you wanna drive a Ford RAV4 wanna-be? Styling is subjective, and I think that the Escape is better looking for North American cute-ue market. As for arguing mechanical bits, I'd say the Kuga is better, but if the escape has a PIP 3L V6 with a 6 speed, all bets are off.

Add a grille change, please.

The Kuga interior isn't that great.

You may be right, but by looking at the pictures of the center stack, it has a more upscale appearance than the new Escape. I really like the display and readout on the Escape, I just would like smaller knobs. I really like the interior light change from "old timey" green to asthetic blue. I have recently ridden in a new Edge with the black leather interior and I am wondering why does this vehicle have such huge airflow vents that cannot be adjusted to cool the driver after sitting out it the summer sun. You can adjust the vent but the airflow will hardly blow on the driver.

Add a grille change, please.

What don't you like about the Escape's grill? You dont need to have all the bing on it..its an option

As for the Edge, I wasn't that impressed by its plastics used in the car..maybe they needed a coat of interior dressing on them, but they kinda looked cheap. The overall design was pretty decent, but I didnt quite care for the center stack on it. If they do something like the Flex in it, I'll buy one with out any reservations.

I saw a white Santa Fe today while riding the bus to class and it looked really similar to the Kuga, and I think it's that kind of familiarity that's bothering me. FoA's crossovers, by retaining a more truck-like look, stand out a lot more than the Murano/Santa Fe class.

have to agree there and suggest one close the roof and windows...the EDGE is nothing if not quiet..........

Doh! Of course, the windows!! Good thing a genius like you was around to clear that up for me! :doh: :kissass:

We drove the Edge back to back with my wife's 2004 Durango, and the Edge was noticably louder than the 3 year old Dodge. Most of the noise seemed to be tire-related, and I suspect that the 18" wheel/tire combo was a big part of the issue. Perhaps with different tires it would have been a different story, but that was our first-person, hands-on impression. Other issues, like the mismatch of "polished" and "brushed" fake aluminum textures, were something of a turn off as well. In the end, it was nice but nothing we would drive home (and we didn't).

We also drove the Lincoln version, much quieter, nicer interior design (if not execution), gaudy Lincoln "bling" design ended up killing that deal. A nice car if you don't have to look at it (IMHO). We ended up with a Cadillac CTS.

Doh! Of course, the windows!! Good thing a genius like you was around to clear that up for me! :doh: :kissass:

We drove the Edge back to back with my wife's 2004 Durango, and the Edge was noticably louder than the 3 year old Dodge. Most of the noise seemed to be tire-related, and I suspect that the 18" wheel/tire combo was a big part of the issue. Perhaps with different tires it would have been a different story, but that was our first-person, hands-on impression. Other issues, like the mismatch of "polished" and "brushed" fake aluminum textures, were something of a turn off as well. In the end, it was nice but nothing we would drive home (and we didn't).

Yeah, right, and my Intrepid is quieter than both my Magnum and F-150. It's a very quiet vehicle. I have experienced this. The interior may not be the best, but its certainly not the worst.

What don't you like about the Escape's grill? You dont need to have all the bing on it..its an option

It's just my opinion, but the grill doesn't seem to share any 'family' cues with other Ford product. As well, the large size of the grill rectangles seems to be too large for the grill.

It's just my opinion, but the grill doesn't seem to share any 'family' cues with other Ford product. As well, the large size of the grill rectangles seems to be too large for the grill.

I think that it shares enough of a resemblance to the Expedition. The black sheep of the family, IMO, is the Explorer (non Eddie Bauer or Sport Trac)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...