Truck Plant Shut Down for Two Weeks

cynic

Negotiation ploy?

KTP layoff

Of course!! I've talked with several dealers and they can't even place orders...no one can even get their truck on time now once the order is placed...look at all the posts on here of people looking for their trucks and their wait time. Our parking lots are still full and being held for who knows what reason....it't all game playing! From previous posts, it's for Ford to be able to show a profit in the 4th quarter....what I don't understand is if the orders are so hard to place...why are we going back to two eight hour shifts in final and us in paint/body will only be working two shifts while the other one is being TLO'd once we get back from the Oct break....this whole mess is going to make us lose market share and top management doesn't even seem to care!!! Nothing we are being told adds up from either the company or union....I don't trust either any more!!!

Of course!! I've talked with several dealers and they can't even place orders...no one can even get their truck on time now once the order is placed...look at all the posts on here of people looking for their trucks and their wait time. Our parking lots are still full and being held for who knows what reason....it't all game playing! From previous posts, it's for Ford to be able to show a profit in the 4th quarter....what I don't understand is if the orders are so hard to place...why are we going back to two eight hour shifts in final and us in paint/body will only be working two shifts while the other one is being TLO'd once we get back from the Oct break....this whole mess is going to make us lose market share and top management doesn't even seem to care!!! Nothing we are being told adds up from either the company or union....I don't trust either any more!!!

This is another reason why I am in no market for a new car right now.

OK here is my understanding of the Truck lay off:

I work at KCAP and from what I heard, which means absolutely nothing as you know. Ford wanted to build a large inventory of trucks and that is why KCAP was working 10 hours and saturdays. They wanted to build a large number so that if we went on strike then they would have enough trucks to sustain a hit. But since GM reached a deal so quickly I guess they feel it will get ratified and our contract will go right through as well so they lay us off for two weeks to get rid of the inventory and then KCAP is scheduled to go to 4X10 hour days on october 22. But what I dont understand is if that was true what happens if we do end up going on strike? then they laid us off and lost those trucks plus the ones we will lose during the strike.

All I know is that we have some re-tooling going on as well so that is part of it, I just hope we come back from this break and we can at least work 40 hours a week consistantly and KCAP stays open. everything else is just gravy. I know that if Ford thinks a contract will be easy they ar nuts because from what I see not too many people are too excited about this contract proposal and will vote no.

good luck to all and have a good break. :happy feet:

Edited by mcmoney28

Had it not been for day shift leaving the printed notice at our break table, no one would have known about the two week lay off. Management has really lost touch with what is really important. No one from the line supervisor on up seems to care about anything except having us sign paperwork. I honestly don't see any reason for there to be any form of management present. They do nothing but suck away our profit sharing. We worked a full ten hour day after everyone read the notice. I would expect to work a full 50 hour week this coming week. It just figures...!

Is it official that KCAP will go to 4 10 hour days? Have yall already received notice or is this just a rumor?

Will the SUV side go to 4 10's also?

It is official they posted it in the tunnel outside as you walk in. We are laid off the first two weeks of Oct. then come back to 1 week of 5X8 hour shifts then on OCtober 22nd we go to the M-Th 4 10's. Passenger(SUV) will not be affected by this schedule, shoot they would work them 7 10's if they could they recently had a survey about working every other sat. (voluntary) the rest of the year but I am not totally sure how it went over.

I know I am pissed becasue I work on the Truck side and I signed the cross system overtime book and they told the SUV people that they will not bring people from our side to work saturdays because they don't want to mess up the quality for quanity. That has to be the first time in my career there that I have heard that! lol

Anyhow I'm off for two weeks paid and I'm gunna do absolutely nothing but hang with the family.

See ya

Mcmoney :happy feet:

Edited by mcmoney28

I'm one of those who is waiting.. My inquiry says scheduled week of Oct. 1st. so i hope mine will still be built that week but for some reason I don't think that is going to happen...Too bad...I regret not taken something off the lot's some where and forgeting about my local guy.. I sold my 02 7.3 and are Fordless...Hopefully I won't regret this move.

It is official they posted it in the tunnel outside as you walk in. We are laid off the first two weeks of Oct. then come back to 1 week of 5X8 hour shifts then on OCtober 22nd we go to the M-Th 4 10's. Passenger(SUV) will not be affected by this schedule, shoot they would work them 7 10's if they could they recently had a survey about working every other sat. (voluntary) the rest of the year but I am not totally sure how it went over.

My predictions are coming true. Everybody wants to know where all the extra ACH employees, and all the people from closing plants are going to go. There's your answer. As soon as Ford gets the products allocated for the remaining plants, all plants will be on either a 4-10 rotating or a 3-8 shift schedule. Overtime will be a thing of the past.

I bet after a few more plant closures, the SUV side goes with the 4-10 schedule as well.

My predictions are coming true. Everybody wants to know where all the extra ACH employees, and all the people from closing plants are going to go. There's your answer. As soon as Ford gets the products allocated for the remaining plants, all plants will be on either a 4-10 rotating or a 3-8 shift schedule. Overtime will be a thing of the past.

I bet after a few more plant closures, the SUV side goes with the 4-10 schedule as well.

They aren't going to a 3 crew 4-10's,there going to run 2 crews 4-10's as was in the new COA's. That way the plant only runs 4 days a week,or until they need extra production to run a friday every once in awhile.

You don't rotate shifts on 4 10's...

I dont think he means what you think. IMO he means the 4 10's with 3 crews. All 3 crews work a staggered work week. And if Ford does as he says about assigning additional product there, then they could go from their 2 shift op to a 3 shift @ 4 10's. If this happens at any plants, they will need many add'l employees to fill the 3rd shfit. At the very least this would empty out a lot of the remaining ACH plants and GEN.

They aren't going to a 3 crew 4-10's,there going to run 2 crews 4-10's as was in the new COA's. That way the plant only runs 4 days a week,or until they need extra production to run a friday every once in awhile.

RC38 are you hearing that all production is going to 4 10s at ktp?even trim.....?

OK here is my understanding of the Truck lay off:

I work at KCAP and from what I heard, which means absolutely nothing as you know. Ford wanted to build a large inventory of trucks and that is why KCAP was working 10 hours and saturdays. They wanted to build a large number so that if we went on strike then they would have enough trucks to sustain a hit. But since GM reached a deal so quickly I guess they feel it will get ratified and our contract will go right through as well so they lay us off for two weeks to get rid of the inventory and then KCAP is scheduled to go to 4X10 hour days on october 22. But what I dont understand is if that was true what happens if we do end up going on strike? then they laid us off and lost those trucks plus the ones we will lose during the strike.

All I know is that we have some re-tooling going on as well so that is part of it, I just hope we come back from this break and we can at least work 40 hours a week consistantly and KCAP stays open. everything else is just gravy. I know that if Ford thinks a contract will be easy they ar nuts because from what I see not too many people are too excited about this contract proposal and will vote no.

good luck to all and have a good break. :happy feet:

Their truck market is what they are worried about most, they don't want Toyota to take a slice due to a work stoppage! but they probably have been working all of the truck plants on overtime, and must feel comfortable with their current inventory. If it comes to a strike than I will stay out as long as it takes to make sure we leverage an effect provided Ronny doesn't pull a GM on us to help out the company! Either way I don't think our international exec's will still be in place if they sell us down the river! Your delegates have to make for a referendum vote at the next Las Vegas convention to have him removed if he batches it! How many plants build the F-150 now?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Rumor has it CCP will be off the whole month of December AGAIN!!! 4-6 weeks were hearing.

So I'd guess some F150 plants may be off.

Ford needs 4-6 weeks to fix the melt area to make way for the new furnaces, like I said CCP is not closing Diesel's are coming. We will soon find out. Were working 7 days a week still.

I am one of these waiters. My dealer took the order 3 or more weeks ago, and flat out told me that Ford accepted it, but that he could not get me a build date till a few weeks into October. :banghead:

:ohsnap::banghead: Im in the same boat also ordered just over 3 weeks ago and it didnt get pulled friday....and my existing '92 f150 is loosing systems right and left and i won't put anymore money in it...