2008 Focus Sales

BORG

Can anybody give me an indication of 2008 Focus Sales figures? I notice they are really piling up on the Ford lots and I have seen only 1 on the streets. Is it too early to declare the car a flop?

Conversely, cars like the new Malibu, Accord, CTS, Enclave etc... are selling the moment they hit the lots.

Edited by BORG

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dealers are trying to figure out what to stock in volume. We had an issue with speed control and $ync on the S and SE models (we couldn't order speed control on the S or SE model without adding $ync...that was a problem). I think when the inventory/price mix gets right,the volume will come.

Can anybody give me an indication of 2008 Focus Sales figures? I notice they are really piling up on the Ford lots and I have seen only 1 on the streets. Is it too early to declare the car a flop?

Conversely, cars like the new Malibu, Accord, CTS, Enclave etc... are selling the moment they hit the lots.

I still haven't seen a new Malibu or CTS on the streets yet, but I've seen a couple Foci and Accords...all depends where your at.

On a side note, the Accord's new styling isnt that bad, reminds me a of a well done bangle BMW, but the Front end just doesnt work with the rest of it!

Edited by silvrsvt

I've seen dozens of CTSs and about 10 Malibus, but anecdotal stats are worthless. In my area, the Focus is not getting off the lots.

The Accord is very nice looking, I confused it with a BMW the other day which shocked the hell out of me.

Edited by BORG

The sales are amazing, it will see a rise and everyone here will say how awesome Ford is for doing clearly such a superb job with the redesign, and praise them for putting their best effort into it!

Anyways I have seen Multiple new accords and Cts's but no new Malibu or Fusion.

I know Chevy said that for the month of November only 3500 Malibus will be shipped to dealers and they expect 3000 to be sold, considering I live in Boston which seems to be like 99% imports, I probably won't see a Malibu until dealers get a lot more. Anyone know how many 08 Focus's are supposed to be hitting dealer lots in November?

Edited by DCK

GM has just said that the new Malibu has surpassed it's first month's sales target by 2500 units.

I'd like to see GM hit a home run with the Malibu. And another with a new Impala. And all the while the Honda and Toyota sales take a bath...

Nothing would please me more than to have Americans buy American and nothing else. And for you naysayers, the Fusion is built in America, the Mexican part of America. Just like the CV is built in the Canadian part of America.

Then again while on a trip I saw two Foci yesterday. Week before last my local Ford dealer had just sold their last 08 Focus on the lot when we went to look at one. And there were only five or six 08 Fusions available, all SE models without very many options. Not what I was looking for in any case. I haven't seen any Malibu, Honda except one next to a Acura, and no new Toyota's. BTW, the Accord was sitting next to a Acura TL (?), and they are dead ringers for one another. The TL is the rest of the worlds Accord and is sold as a Honda. And to be ornery, IMHO the Accord is no BMW.

ive seen maybe 5 Focus', 5 new Accords, 0 new malibus, 3 CTS on the road so far. Probably about 2 or 3 Enclaves. Im in SoCal which is obviously very import biased so its not too bad. I dont ever expect to see more CTS' than Foci or Malibu though once they get fully out in force.

By the way, ALL the Focus' Ive seen had the fender vent. I dont like it either but i guess SOMEONE does.

Using your local dealer lots as a indication of how well cars are selling (unless they are stocked up like cordwood) is stupid, I know my parents were looking for a Milan or Sable, and they went to a couple local dealerships and couldn't find any loaded Milans or dark colored Sables. They winded up getting a gold colored Sable that was on the show room floor. Its not like either one of these cars are huge sellers either...

Dealers are trying to figure out what to stock in volume. We had an issue with speed control and $ync on the S and SE models (we couldn't order speed control on the S or SE model without adding $ync...that was a problem). I think when the inventory/price mix gets right,the volume will come.

This is good info btw! Thanks!

You know the Focus actually looks pretty generic in real life. Everybody was complaining about it looking too wacky, but it really doesn't register from most angles. The fascia is good looking, the interior is still cheap but sturdy and functional.

Edited by BORG

I'd like to see GM hit a home run with the Malibu. And another with a new Impala. And all the while the Honda and Toyota sales take a bath...

Nothing would please me more than to have Americans buy American and nothing else. And for you naysayers, the Fusion is built in America, the Mexican part of America. Just like the CV is built in the Canadian part of America.

Then again while on a trip I saw two Foci yesterday. Week before last my local Ford dealer had just sold their last 08 Focus on the lot when we went to look at one. And there were only five or six 08 Fusions available, all SE models without very many options. Not what I was looking for in any case. I haven't seen any Malibu, Honda except one next to a Acura, and no new Toyota's. BTW, the Accord was sitting next to a Acura TL (?), and they are dead ringers for one another. The TL is the rest of the worlds Accord and is sold as a Honda. And to be ornery, IMHO the Accord is no BMW.

I believe the TSX is the rest of the world's Accord. I'm not sure if TL is branded as a Honda elsewhere. I know the RL is badged the Legend (I believe) elsewhere also.

I've seen all of them on the road around here, but by far the most I've seen is the new Accord, but it being built just 30 miles up the road in Marysville is probably the reason.

The Accord plant is currently working overtime on both weekend days - they do not want to add a 2nd shift yet if they do not have to.