2008 Focus Sales

BORG

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with new Focus interior being cheap but sturdy looking. It is not a Lexus competito, or Accord. Id' also say the imports's interiors are cheap and sturdy too. Working class car buyers don't obsess about interior bits and pieces.

HHmmm, I guess they should feel happy that their $13,000 - $22,000 investment whilded them a plastic interior and that that is what they deserve. What seems like little to nothing, is everthing to some. To buy you first new car, and spend so much of your earnings would be a slap in the face if it was cheaply made to someone of little means!

Edited by Furious1Auto

They only planned on selling 600 by now?

For the initial month, yes. They expected 3500 deliveries and 500 sales.

GM's Malibu smashes first-month sales target

DETROIT, Nov 21 (Reuters) - The new Chevrolet Malibu has topped General Motors Corp's sales expectations in its debut month on the market by a wide margin, a senior GM executive told Reuters.

Bob Lutz, GM vice chairman and product development chief, told the Reuters Autos Summit in Detroit that GM appeared on track to sell about 3,000 of the new mid-size sedans in November, far higher than its projection for about 500 in the initial month.

"Dealers do not have the car because they're selling as fast as they get them," Lutz said on Tuesday.

The Malibu is part of a product offensive at GM that aims to reestablish the top U.S. automaker in a segment dominated by Japanese rivals, led by Toyota Motor Corp.

"We thought that we would have about 3,500 (Malibus) at dealers and that we would retail about 500," Lutz said. "Instead it appears for November the retail number is going to be 3,000 and there are going to be 500 at dealers, which means most Chevrolet dealers do not have a car because they're selling as fast as they get them."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/feedarticle?id=7095178

Wow! Way to go...artificially understate sales and gloat about a small amount of sales :rolleyes:

Seriously, they should have no problems selling 500 cars countrywide in a week

They aren't the only ones gloating, Edmunds has this to say:

DETROIT — Backed by a hefty $300-million launch marketing campaign, the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu reportedly is quickly streaming out the doors of the dealerships nationwide that have been fortunate enough to get a few of the hot-selling models.

Evaluations of Malibu's initial sales performance necessarily are just anecdotal at this early point, because it has been officially available only for less than a month and is still just beginning to trickle into most showrooms. But GM spokesman John McDonald confirms that Malibu "has had very fast turn rates" that have been contributed to "by limited supply at the start of the system fill."

The nation's top seller of the old Malibu, Duane Paddock in Kenmore, New York, said that he had logged 11 sales in the first two weeks of the car's availability and that he had another eight orders waiting as of early this week. Chevrolet has reported record numbers of hits on its Web site because of curiosity about the Malibu, stoked in large part by two "takeovers" of online advertising that GM staged over the last month. Critical reception for the car has been overwhelmingly positive, which has encouraged car buyers to give Malibu a closer look.

The malibu is a nice effort, the foci is ok, ive seen a few of them on the road but not a whole lot. Someone on my street just picked up a read one, whatever crap that is on the front fender really needs to go....and fast.

On the other hand I have seen 1 new cts besides the few they had testing at Laguna a year ago. It really does seem like a nice car though, it had a lot of road presence in my rear view mirror. Though it still seems proportioned weird to me for some reason, it may be how it pinches up to the top from the sides. I cant figure it out though, the old one did the same thing.

Frankly, I've seen a handful of new accords and maybe a couple more of the new Focus. I have seen two of the new CTS, but, since I was two blocks away from a Cadillac dealership both times, and neither vehicle had plates or temp tags, I can only assume that they were test-drives. In person, the focus looks just like I thought it would. The vent isn't to my taste, but it isn't ugly. In traffic, they are distinctive, but, not eye-sores. I guess in that segment, that's a good thing.

there is virtually 0 2007 Focus stock available ... so most of the Focus ales for October and upcoming - for November are 2008 models.

as for sightings, still not 08 Foci for me, but I have seen a couple of Enclaves and Accords - but I live in Philly, PA - people here seem odd and rich (well those whose cars I see) - so import and more expensive cars show up faster than others. I have also seen a ton of the new Tauri, Edges, and Escapes. Fusions are run-of-the mill as well.

Surprisingly I still see more Zephyrs and MKZ's however. Who knows why ..

Igor

Edited by igor

there is virtually 0 2007 Focus stock available ... so most of the Focus ales for October and upcoming - for November are 2008 models.

as for sightings, still not 08 Foci for me, but I have seen a couple of Enclaves and Accords - but I live in Philly, PA - people here seem odd and rich (well those whose cars I see) - so import and more expensive cars show up faster than others. I have also seen a ton of the new Tauri, Edges, and Escapes. Fusions are run-of-the mill as well.

Surprisingly I still see more Zephyrs and MKZ's however. Who knows why ..

Igor

When did Ford stop production of the MY2007?

Wasn't Job 1 at the end of August? IIRC, Ford ran Wayne on overtime for a while to build up a supply before retooling.

Yes, Wayne Assembly ran some overtime months before ending 2007 production. There are still some 2007 Focus models around. They are dwinding in number, but still around. A couple weeks ago my local dealership had at least three fully loaded with side airbags, ABS, and heated seats going for anyone $13,7000. Now this week they are going for $12,700. If I needed a car right now, I would be very tempted. Great deal on fully loaded SES Sedans. One is lime green , another red, and forget the last color. I don't think there would be any problem having you dealer locate a 2007 model for you. Great prices on nice vehicle.

Wow! Way to go...artificially understate sales and gloat about a small amount of sales :rolleyes:

They just took a page out of Ford's book, works like a charm judging by this forum. ;)

"Bububu they built a 305k plant because they only planned to sell 130k-150k Fusions all along!"

"OMG TEH 500 IS A SUCCESS IT'S SELLING ACCORDING TO FORD'S EXPECTATIONS!111!!11111"

"OMG TEH EDGE IS DOING BETTER THAN FORD EXPECTED!11!1111!!1"

Pot, meet kettle. :shades:

Edited by pcsario