2008 Focus Sales

BORG

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../709250346/1148

Oh, but GM is also exporting Lambdas, even though they never announced that they were going to export them.

Must mean the Lambdas are a failure, at least if Ford's decision to export Milans and Fusions is proof that the CD3 is a failure.

I don't see any high ranked GM officicial saying "We won't be able to export them because we'll have our hands full with exports to NA" or "Well, I know we said we wouldn't sell it there due to capacity constraints... WE JUST SUDDENLY CHANGED OUR MIND DUE TO THE KINDNESS OF OUR HEART, SURPRISE, LAMBDAS FOR EVERYONE!!!1" ;)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0424/-1/archive

They must not be, since GM is ending a 3rd shift at the Lansing plant where they're built.

----

Or is there a difference between GM's needing only 2 shifts to meet demand for the Lambda crossovers and Ford needing only 2 shifts to meet demand for the CD3s?

BTW the Lambdas are relatively new, sales and momentum continue to grow each month.

Nice try. Sorry Richard, the Fusion is the true Malibu replacement. Get over it already.

I don't see any high ranked GM officicial saying "We won't be able to export them because we'll have our hands full with exports to NA"

No Ford official ever said that either.

The president of Ford of Mexico said there were no plans to sell the Fusion in Mexico at the time Hermosillo was rededicated, but at the very same time Ford officials in the US were saying 130-150k Fusion sales per year. So obviously someone didn't have their story straight.

And don't you think export plans would be prominently mentioned when LDT was opened? And yet nary a word.

strategy Richard - Strategy ... it is WAY beyond our understanding .. give it up

Igor

I think GM's Lambdas are selling about as GM expected, the Enclave better, the Outlook worse.

I think the 3rd shift was to boost inventory at launch.

I think GM had no intention of running LDT at 3 shifts permanently as evidenced by their decision to locate Traverse production in Spring Hill.

Furthermore, I believe that Ford had no intentions of running HMO on 3 shifts on a permanent basis (at least not shortly after launch), and that 3 shift production was undertaken to build inventory after launch.

Shhh, Richard, reasonable and quantifiable queries scare motor-boat bu-bu-boy. Of course, his "130K Fusions" is a bit shorter than the 142K I showed for CY 2006, and much less than the 211K I showed for the CD3 triplets...

...but, I expect skewed numbers from the same guy that accused Ford of getting lazy on quality just as they won all the awards earlier this year! That kind of entertainment is pretty rare!

I'm starting to think that RJ and PC are friends in real life. They only do this shtick to entertain the forum....

They need to come up with a new shtick then. I have lately been ignoring any thread in which both of them appear at the same time. That said, you probably won't see me comment in this thread again either....

No Ford official ever said that either.

Last time you thought I was bluffing about that event and statements, you even challenged me and the whole thing backfired on you. I wasn't bluffing, this is all part of that era and those interviews were conducted right after that speech. The guy who replaced that woman as Ford of Mexico's president is now working at Dearborn. Like I told you last time, get out of your cubicle and go ask him directly if you want. When two of the triplets didn't do as well as internally expected, Ford quickly backpedalled and Milans and Fusions all of a sudden started to be sold in other markets. Hell to this day only Pontiac rednecks and unloyal Korean car owners seem to be interested in it. But of course, I guess that was also "planned".

Just because this makes your eyes water doesn't make it false.

Edited by pcsario

They need to come up with a new shtick then. I have lately been ignoring any thread in which both of them appear at the same time. That said, you probably won't see me comment in this thread again either....

Oh come'on! It's like watching Ali vs. Frazier or Tom vs. Jerry or even Wile E. Coyote vs. the Roadrunner! It's entertaining in that "It's a train wreck but I can't stop watcing it" kind of way!

Oh come'on! It's like watching Ali vs. Frazier or Tom vs. Jerry or even Wile E. Coyote vs. the Roadrunner! It's entertaining in that "It's a train wreck but I can't stop watcing it" kind of way!

More like listening to nails on a chalk board or being poked with a sharp stick. Neither one is much fun to endure.

Nick the flip-flopper is being intolerant once again, that's all.

He almost told grbeck to "f-off" because he didn't side with range on a topic about Honda.

Be careful or you could be the latest victim of his "F-NA or F-OFF :cheerleader: " shtick.

Edited by pcsario

Hey PC.

Are the lambdas a success?

How convenient that you ignored this sweet piece of information:

GM's prices grew the most — 5.5 percent — thanks mainly to the new Saturn Outlook, Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia crossovers and Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups.

Hmmm...

Great product,

Better than anything from Chrysler or Ford,

Making money,

Getting great reviews...

Seems like a success to me.

As an add,We sold a new '08 Focus...SE (without $ync) today to a pharmacy tech just out of vocational school...she was thrilled and loved the look of the car. She qualified for the College graduate program,but we had to BEG FMCC to buy the deal...FMCC is going to have to step up to support this car.,imo.

Nick the flip-flopper is being intolerant once again, that's all.

He almost told grbeck to "f-off" because he didn't side with range on a topic about Honda.

Be careful or you could be the latest victim of his "F-NA or F-OFF :cheerleader: " shtick.

Awww...you're worthy of far more than an ALMOST.

Fuck off. :)

Can anybody give me an indication of 2008 Focus Sales figures? I notice they are really piling up on the Ford lots and I have seen only 1 on the streets. Is it too early to declare the car a flop?

Conversely, cars like the new Malibu, Accord, CTS, Enclave etc... are selling the moment they hit the lots.

A bigger question.

Is Ford still losing thousands on each and every Focus it sells?