2008 Dodge Challenger Pricing Sheet

Anthony

Looks like its pretty much fully loaded stock.

Posted by oh2o at Allpar.com

2008.75 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Special Edition

MSRP Including Destination: $37,995

GG Tax: $2,100

Engine: 6.1L SRT HEMI V8 ENGINE

Transmission: 5-SPEED AUTO W5A580

Interior: PREM LEATHER TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS

Exterior colors:

BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT

BRILLIANT BLACK CRYSTAL PEARL COAT

HEMI ORANGE PEARL COAT

2008 Challenger SRT8 Options:

245/45ZR20 255/45ZR20 PERF TIRES $50

MYGIG MULTIMEDIA INFOTAINMENT W/NAV $890

POWER SUNROOF $950

2008 Challenger SRT8 Standard Features (unless replaced by optional equipment)

12V CENTER CONSOLE POWER OUTLET (JKW)

13 SPKRS KICKER SRT HIGH PERF AUDIO (RC5)

160 AMP ALTERNATOR (BAB)

180 MPH PRIMARY SPEEDOMETER (JCG)

19 GALLON FUEL TANK (NFK)

1-YEAR SERVICE PROVIDED BY SIRIUS (X97)

200 WATT KICKER SRT SUBWOOFER (RFF)

20X9.0 ALUMINUM SRT DESIGN WHEELS (WP3)

245/45ZR20 AS PERFORMANCE TIRES (TR9)

3.06 AXLE RATIO (DMP)

322 WATT KICKER SRT AMPLIFIER (RFC)

50 STATE EMISSIONS (NAS)

6.1L BADGE (MGE)

625 AMP MAINTENANCE FREE BATTERY (BC6)

ADVANCED MULTISTAGE FRONT AIR BAGS (CG3)

AIR CONDITIONING (HAC)

ALL SPEED TRACTION CONTROL (BNP)

ANTI-LOCK 4-WHEEL DISC PERF BRAKES (BR4)

ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA)

AUTOMATIC HEADLAMPS (LMG)

AUTOSTICK ® AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (DHD)

BASE HEADLINER MODULE (CHK)

BODY COLOR DOOR HANDLES (MNK)

BODY COLOR EXTERIOR MIRRORS (LEP)

BODY COLOR FASCIAS (MLA)

BRAKE/PARK INTERLOCK (XSL)

BRAKE ASSIST (BGE)

BRIGHT FUEL FILLER DOOR (XJE)

CARGO COMPARTMENT DRESS-UP (CKM)

CELL PHONE STORAGE (CVK)

CENTER REAR 3-POINT SEAT BELT (CG6)

CHALLENGER BADGE (MGH)

CHILD SEAT UPPER TETHER ANCHORAGES (CF4)

CHMSL LAMP (LPS)

DELETE SPARE TIRE (TBF)

DODGE I.D. BADGE (MUD)

DUAL BRIGHT EXHAUST TIPS (NEL)

DUAL NOTE ELECTRIC HORNS (JJB)

DUAL REAR EXHAUST (NER)

ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (BNB)

FLR CONSOLE W/FORE/AFT SLIDE ARMREST (CM6)

FOG LAMPS (LNJ)

FRONT/REAR CLIMATE CONTROL OUTLETS (XGA)

FRONT & REAR SOLAR CONTROL GLASS (GBC)

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET (MDA)

FRONT READING/MAP LAMPS (LBG)

FUNCTIONAL HOOD SCOOP (MGB)

GOODYEAR BRAND TIRES (TZA)

HEATED FRONT SEATS (JPM)

HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLAMPS (LMP)

HIGH PERFORM SUSPENSION (SDX)

HOOD STRIPE (MMB)

ILLUMINATED ENTRY (LAC)

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER W/DISPLAY SCREEN (JAT)

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER WHITE FACE W/TACH (JA9)

INTEGRATED IN REAR WINDOW ANTENNA (RDL)

KEYLESS ENTRY (GXR)

KEYLESS GO (GX4)

LEATHER WRAPPED SHIFT KNOB (CVB)

LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL (SCC)

LUXURY FRONT & REAR FLOOR MATS (CLZ)

MANUAL DRIVER & PASS LUMBAR ADJUST (CDU)

MONOTONE PAINT (APA)

NON ADJUSTABLE PEDALS (XA8)

NON LOCKING FUEL FILLER CAP (XJG)

PASSENGER ASSIST HANDLE (CSP)

PERFORMANCE TUNED STEERING (SBX)

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT (JPS)

POWER ACCESSORY DELAY (JKY)

POWER HEATED MIRRORS, FOLD-AWAY (GUK)

POWER TRUNKLID RELEASE (JPC)

PREM LEATHER TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS (*UL)

PWR WINDOWS, FRONT 1-TOUCH DOWN (JPY)

RAM'S HEAD BADGE (MGA)

REAR 60/40 FOLDING SEAT (CFN)

REAR COURTESY LAMPS (LBW)

REAR SPOILER (MXR)

REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER (GFA)

RR ARMREST W/CUPHOLDER SEAT (CSN)

RR VIEW AUTO DIM MIRROR W/MICROPHONE (GN5)

SATIN CHROME GRILLE (MFH)

SATIN SILVER LOCK KNOBS (GXL)

SECURITY ALARM (LSA)

SENTRY KEY THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM (GXX)

SEVERE DUTY II ENGINE COOLING (XDL)

SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO (RSC)

SOLAR CONTROL GLASS (GAM)

SPECIAL EDITION BADGE (MZ7)

SPEED CONTROL (NHM)

SPEED SENSITIVE POWER LOCKS (JPH)

SRT8 BADGE (MTV)

SRT TRACK EXPERIENCE (XPY)

STEERING WHEEL MOUNTED AUDIO CTRLS (RDZ)

SUN VISORS W/ILLUM VANITY MIRRORS (GNC)

SUPP. SIDE CURTAIN FRT/RR AIR BAGS (CJ2)

SUPPLEMENTAL SIDE AIR BAGS (CGS)

TEMPERATURE & COMPASS GAUGE (JFJ)

TILT/TELESCOPE STEERING COLUMN (SUD)

TIP START (XBN)

TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING DISPLAY (XGM)

TIRE SERVICE KIT (XFP)

TRAVELER/MINI TRIP COMPUTER (LET)

TRUNK LAMP (LDC)

UCONNECT HANDS-FREE COMMUNICATION (RSP)

UNIVERSAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER (XGD)

VAR INTERMITTENT WINDSHIELD WIPERS (JHA)

VEHICLE INFORMATION CENTER (LAZ)

Edited by Intrepidatious

Hmmm.....not bad!!!

Still not a fan of the overly retro styling, not my cup of tea.

I agree. Now that you said something its safe to speak up lol. Didn't want to be the lone deserting voice. I think the trick with getting retro right is getting it to look new. Ford did that with the Mustang. I don't see it in the Challenger.

I agree. Now that you said something its safe to speak up lol. Didn't want to be the lone deserting voice. I think the trick with getting retro right is getting it to look new. Ford did that with the Mustang. I don't see it in the Challenger.

I kinda like the look of the new Challenger, I'm not a big fan of the production car's rear though, I prefer the concept's tail.

Yep, looks like a carbon copy of a 70 model updated to meet modern safety standards...

I just wonder what direction Ford will take with the next gen Mustang, not the 2010 model...

Funny how many people say this, but when you look at the two side-by-side you can REALLY see the differences. Sure, the new one was definitely inspired by the old...but FAR from a carbon-copy.

post-6726-1196776255_thumb.jpg

post-6726-1196776264_thumb.jpg

Edited by Intrepidatious

While the Challenger may be a little too retro, it compensates for the hideous Charger. I don't think Dodge expects it to have the broad appeal of the Mustang. They won't mind selling to a niche of well-off baby boomers. The automatic-only transmission isn't an issue for most of that crowd, either.

And of course the SRT version will come fully loaded.

I have to disagree! With all of the brand new body repops, 57' Chevy, 69 Camaro, 70' Chevelle These are brand new retro bodies and the people who are buying them are putting brand new suspention, braking, and powerplant equipment in them! In short Old look/New performance. I would and may buy a challenger, it is a brand new 1970 Challenger. I critisized Chevy for going to futuristic on the Camaro, The Challenger is a repop, and the mustang rides the fence!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Funny how many people say this, but when you look at the two side-by-side you can REALLY see the differences. Sure, the new one was definitely inspired by the old...but FAR from a carbon-copy.

Could have fooled me. The greenhouse looks similar, creases are the same on the side and if it weren't for occupant safety I doubt the front end would be all that different.

Could have fooled me. The greenhouse looks similar, creases are the same on the side and if it weren't for occupant safety I doubt the front end would be all that different.

The wheelbase of a 1970 and a 2008 are 6 inches off. Carbon copy just ain't gonna happen (whereas a 2008 Mustang is only 1 inch off from a 64-69 Stang). Look at the overhangs, the rake of the windshields, the length of the rear decks. I've seen both in person together...the 2008 compliments the 1970 very nicely, but it is by no means a carbon copy.

Yeah, when I think of a copycat design, the first thing I think of is wheelbase....

The Mustang clearly has elements from multiple years of Mustang. Challenger only really had one body, anyway, with a few different grilles. I personally prefer the '71 grille.

At least they didn't tack on the bogus gill scoops this time.

The wheelbase of a 1970 and a 2008 are 6 inches off. Carbon copy just ain't gonna happen (whereas a 2008 Mustang is only 1 inch off from a 64-69 Stang). Look at the overhangs, the rake of the windshields, the length of the rear decks. I've seen both in person together...the 2008 compliments the 1970 very nicely, but it is by no means a carbon copy.

I'm not so much concerned with the wheelbase, but the overall design. I just think it's overly retro.

The one thing they really screwed up is the Challenger name splashed across the quarter panel in inch high plastic chrome letters. It spoils the lines of the car. The '70 was far better IMO.

The one thing they really screwed up is the Challenger name splashed across the quarter panel in inch high plastic chrome letters. It spoils the lines of the car. The '70 was far better IMO.

That's right! Maybe script lettering is too expensive nowadays? What it really needs back there is a nice stars and stripes Gurney shield, with a complementary matte black hood and screaming yellow or orange paint (okay, got the orange). Then we'll see a true collectible SE instead of this SRT which will be continued into the next model year, diluting the value.

Yes, I know, that was originally the 'Cuda. Fat chance of ever seeing one of those again. Maybe they could put a nice T/A decal on it instead.

At least it's almost(*) got the wolf's-head hood bulge.

* - The ears! They've chopped off its EARS!

I think the Challenger will sell, unless it has a really crappy interior, it will sell. Too bad they don't have a V6 model, they would sell twice as many. Didn't the original come with a 225 cu.in. slant six as standard equipement?

July will see the full model range. V6 / RT / SRT. No prices yet though.

That's right! Maybe script lettering is too expensive nowadays? What it really needs back there is a nice stars and stripes Gurney shield, with a complementary matte black hood and screaming yellow or orange paint (okay, got the orange). Then we'll see a true collectible SE instead of this SRT which will be continued into the next model year, diluting the value.

Yes, I know, that was originally the 'Cuda. Fat chance of ever seeing one of those again. Maybe they could put a nice T/A decal on it instead.

At least it's almost(*) got the wolf's-head hood bulge.

* - The ears! They've chopped off its EARS!

So the Mustang has too many special editions but the Challenger doesn't have enough? And all it takes to make a sufficient Challenger special edition is stripe job?

The world has gotten too crazy for me.

So the Mustang has too many special editions but the Challenger doesn't have enough?

I never said anything about Mustang SEs. In fact, I think it could use one more. (Hint, see my 'Stang)

And all it takes to make a sufficient Challenger special edition is stripe job?

No. My point is that this first year is intentionally limited production. However, it's going to be the exact same SRT-8 as the '09s. That'll dilute its later resale value, and make it easy for non-reputable people to sell '09s as the limited '08s. Chryberus needs to make the '08s really special, as in a 1-year-only version.

Note - I forgot that T/As also had nice, lumpy hood scoops, and AAR 'Cudas had shakers.

The world has gotten too crazy for me.

Yeah? you shoulda seen it back in '77! (Disco balls and velour sofas in vans? Platform shoes?? Plastic SUITS??)

AAR 'Cudas had NACA scoops. The Mopar Shakers were on 440s and Hemis.

Sure, go ahead and point out my failing memory to the world! :)

Personally, I don't buy resale value because I don't sell what I buy. I buy what moves me.

The problem is, the people who buy the '08 Challenger will be the types who buy for resale value. There's only going to be 5000. That's less than the number of GT500s sold per year. There's going to be a good markup on them, too. Don't be surprised to see some dealers advertise them for a good $50 - $55,000

Chrysler intentionally limited the production (for whatever reason). They already know where these cars will end up. They should play to these speculat- er, collectors. Special paint, special package, or even special badges - something to differentiate them from all other SRT-8s that follow. In my opinion, of course.

The problem is, the people who buy the '08 Challenger will be the types who buy for resale value. There's only going to be 5000. That's less than the number of GT500s sold per year. There's going to be a good markup on them, too. Don't be surprised to see some dealers advertise them for a good $50 - $55,000

Not my problem.

Chrysler intentionally limited the production (for whatever reason). They already know where these cars will end up. They should play to these speculat- er, collectors. Special paint, special package, or even special badges - something to differentiate them from all other SRT-8s that follow. In my opinion, of course.

They limit supply to sustain demand. They don't have to do anything beyond what they're doing. It's not like you can get a Challenger somewhere else. I can't believe anyone would complain about an all-new 425 hp ponycar.

I like the Charger in SRT and R/T(models without stupid sticker packages), go figure :headscratch: Does anyone know the weight of the Challenger? People are bitching and moaning about the Mustang coupe in the ~3600 lb range. At at 40k, its not a direct competitor to the Mustang GT in the first place which can be had with the 'top' engine for $26K. I've never seen it as any threat to the Mustang anyway, its never been threatened once in 44 continuous years.

Edited by kevinb120