2010 Mustang Spied

ANTAUS

Why 4 seconds? Because that is the amount of time saved when the same car is run on a dry Top Gear track.

Made-up handling number...WTF? retard.gif

Prove it. If they only posted the wet number, the wet number is all they have. There's no constant correction factor. You will believe anything that can cast Ford in a negative light.

For the same reason we all have color TVs and color computer monitors.

In fact, Top Gear just tested their new Civic Type R...with a torsion bar rear suspension. It handled and rode much worse than the old Civic Type R with fully IRS.

Ford won't put IRS in the Mustang because it is somewhat profitable right now...and they will do anything to keep their profits up.

Why should they? The SRA outhandles IRS. If you want a cushy ride, you shouldn't even consider a Mustang. Part of the fun is bouncing around corners (even if the new ones don't do it so much). You aren't in any danger of buying a Mustang, anyway. About a hundred thousand people a year buy one, though. But I guess that's not as good as the imaginary sales figures of future potential competition in your head. And all this over a stupid cracked intake manifold. Sell your damn car and move on with your life. Let the albatross fall from your neck.

Nevermind the fact that the deceased LS1 Camaros were making more power than that nearly 10 years ago ...

Yes, they're deceased, but GM's engines have long been ahead of Ford's. It's not as if it's some huge secret. Heck, if it wasn't for GM's ugly styling, cheap interiors, and ugly dashboards, Camaros, I think it would still be around.

300 hp was a 40 horsepower increase for Ford in 2005, but they were FAR behind the competition to begin with. The truth is, complacency and lack of competition is the only reason we're driving around a 300 hp V8 and not a 350 hp V8 ..

Ford proves it over and over again that if they can, they won't bother updating the engine. The Crown Victoria is a perfect example. It's still running the 240 hp engine even though it's used in police interceptors. How exactly are they supposed to keep up? Family sedans like the Carmy and Accord are making more power and weigh less! It would be quite embarassing to get smoked by a Camry in your Crown Vic, mate .. but just that could happen.

I personally find these horsepower wars to be ridiculous .. and truth be told, 240 hp in a Crown Vic is plenty. But, it isn't going to cut it in this market. You need to stay one step ahead of the competition, or you die. Remember the mantra? Change or die? Ford needs to prove it has the cajones to ante up ...

Mustang exists because of the popularity of its base model, not because it is the be-all and end-all for performance. That has always been the case. The performance versions are just gravy. It has always been and always should be a budget performance car. Performance on a budget requires compromise. And any objective person knows that F bodies have been ergonomic nightmares since the 1082 model year. Have you ever sat in the passenger seat of one? They're one-seat cars.

Why should Ford update the Crown Vic? To encourage more class action lawsuits from law enforcement agencies expecting invincibility from a $20,000 car?

Edited by Moby Vic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prove it. If they only posted the wet number, the wet number is all they have. There's no constant correction factor. You will believe anything that can cast Ford in a negative light.

In a recent episode, they ran an Aston Martin around the track when it was wet...but not as wet as when they ran the VXR8. The wet time for the Aston was 1:27.4. They ran it again when it was dry and it did it in 1:23.9. A difference of 3.5 seconds.

So, 4 seconds--the time that Top Gear themselves have repeated over and over again, is not too far off. But what does Top Gear know...it is not like they spend TONS of time on that track in all sorts of weather conditions. Oh wait...

In a recent episode, they ran an Aston Martin around the track when it was wet...but not as wet as when they ran the VXR8. The wet time for the Aston was 1:27.4. They ran it again when it was dry and it did it in 1:23.9. A difference of 3.5 seconds.

So, 4 seconds--the time that Top Gear themselves have repeated over and over again, is not too far off. But what does Top Gear know...it is not like they spend TONS of time on that track in all sorts of weather conditions. Oh wait...

So the G8 is as quick as an Aston Martin? Why don't they run the thing on a dry track and give a real number?

The side mirrors are different than the current model, they look smaller and sleeker. Also, notice the antenna was moved to the rear quarter panel, I hope that's just for testing. They need to put the antenna in the rear or front window.

I noticed the new mirrors as well. In regards to the antenna, they need to put ALL antennas on ALL Ford vehicles in the top of front/rear winshield, removing the antenna from a vehicle makes it look a lot better, ESPECIALLY on a vehicle like Mustang, I've always hated how the new (05+) has had the antenna where it is, when the Expedition from 03 on has had it integrated into the windshield. I think that should be standard across the lineup as I said above.

The vent covers could have just been removed though.

Why would they make the vents square if they are going to carry over the round vents? Plus the top of the dash looks different from the current model, but the light color/crappy photo make it hard to tell. The Chrome gauge cluster rings are also missing on the Gauges.

Why would they make the vents square if they are going to carry over the round vents? Plus the top of the dash looks different from the current model, but the light color/crappy photo make it hard to tell. The Chrome gauge cluster rings are also missing on the Gauges.

I wasn't necessarily saying you're wrong, just saying that from the horrible picture (why if you're that close wouldn't you take an interior pic?) it's hard to tell what's going on in there.

That said, you're probably right about the circular vents being gone, as well as a different gauge cluster, etc.

I'm willing to bet that those new mirrors, just like the Taurus' new mirrors, were re-engineered to reduce wind noise and thus make the interior quiet, since Ford seems to have this new "quiet interior" initiative (which is no bad thing - quiet is good).

I'm sure that was part of the reason, however they do look more sporty as well.

Ya know I have a Kiwi bud in the performance aftermarket industry. You and he are like night and day. You disdain for red necks, drag racers, and blue collar folk in general must be compromising in your daily duties as a Ford marketeer. How in the hell do you make any money?

If you want IRS buy the MKR.

What was that about the MKR? ;)

Ya know I have a Kiwi bud in the performance aftermarket industry. You and he are like night and day. You disdain for red necks, drag racers, and blue collar folk in general must be compromising in your daily duties as a Ford marketeer. How in the hell do you make any money?

If you want IRS buy the MKR.

see Blue...thats where you are wrong...I don't have disdain at all they are general and not personal...I do however like poking fun at stereotypes and seeing whom responds....usually those that have insecurities about fitting the bill perhaps....apologies if i struck a chord...

Edited by Deanh

If I remember correctly, he's in F&I, where a healthy disdain for people makes it easier to, uh, how shall I put it nicely... make a lot of money off of them.

(Plus there are no rednecks in long beach)

(Not that I noticed any redneck bashing in this thread)

funny Noah....but no-where close.....and for the life of me I can't find a post of mine with dis-dain...sarcasm maybe....but disdain?????

Edited by Deanh

Uh, that's "disdain", no hyphen. Even if you're from the Bronx and talking about somebody from Denmark, as in "Dis Dane", there's still no hyphen. :)

last on the Deniro spellink bea and gettin worse vizion....LOL! edited posts...no evidence now...LOL!

Edited by Deanh

• 1 month later...
Not sure how I like them candy cane taillights with the white reflector in between the red tri-bars. I think Camaro is going to give Ford fits this time around, sales-wise.

I doubt that, Chevy is going to do the same thing they have done since 1993. Make a crappy riding, ergo nightmare, ugly interior camaro. Try and save it with a mega buck big inch (compared to the 4.6) motor that says corvette on it and hope that it saves the camaro.

This time around they are going to do all of that plus the car is gonna be heavy. Then slap it with a 40,000 plus price tag for the performance model, and it will die off while the mustang still sells 200,000 plus units.

Yes the mustang probably will be a bit slower and have a smaller engine, but it will be probably at least 5,000 dollers cheaper (hopefully), and has a ton of momentum.

Ford will do the mustang right, it is making money right now while everything else other the f150 is not.