Competitor's vehicles in Employee parking lot.

unionj

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to see a new Dodge truck in the employee parking lot at NAP and thought what an asshole. What kind of message does that send all his family and neighbors and anyone who knows he works at Ford?

What happened to pride, morals, priciples?

You forgot BRAINS !!!!

I used to see a new Dodge truck in the employee parking lot at NAP and thought what an asshole. What kind of message does that send all his family and neighbors and anyone who knows he works at Ford?

But the way Ford did NAP could you blame the owner for buying a competitor's brand? Loyalty works both ways, and Ford has shown little toward plants like NAP, Atlanta, Wixom, etc.

Getting back to your question, I do not have a problem with a Ford worker buying a competitor's product. For example, Ford has no rear-wheel-drive sport sedans (Cadillac CTS or Chrysler 300), or high-end performance cars (Corvette) so I would not have any problems with them buying a competitor's make in that regard. However, if you are building a Focus, and you are buying a Neon or worse yet a Japanese piece of shit, then yes, I do have a problem with it.

What happened to pride, morals, principles?

Personally I didn't have a problem with anybody driving a non ford vehicle and parking it at NAP as long as it was union made by the big three, while i was there saw people driving Chevy's and Dodge's into the parking lot. What got me was the number of people driving IMPORTS and parking there, I was glad when they started making THEM park their IMPORTS down by the Elizabeth river parking got a chuckle out of that. I remember we had this girl that worked in stock dept. in the body shop that drove a yellow VW bug that screamed bloody murder about having to park way out there. lol

If you work for Ford, you should drive Ford. Driving the competition is akin to treason. It is the same as people who support the enemy when we are at war. However, people do have rights, and they can be treasonous and spit in their fellow workers' faces as much as they want. Some people are like that. It would be interesting to do a survey. Ask Ford workers about their position on the war, and what kind of car they drive.

Personally I didn't have a problem with anybody driving a non ford vehicle and parking it at NAP as long as it was union made by the big three, while i was there saw people driving Chevy's and Dodge's into the parking lot. What got me was the number of people driving IMPORTS and parking there, I was glad when they started making THEM park their IMPORTS down by the Elizabeth river parking got a chuckle out of that. I remember we had this girl that worked in stock dept. in the body shop that drove a yellow VW bug that screamed bloody murder about having to park way out there. lol

so should anyone that drives a Fusion park in the same lot as the bug, since they are made in the same country and the plants are next door to each other?

:redcard: this is war.... i agree i dont care where it is made as long it it a FORD PRODUCT PERIOD!!!!!....why would any one in their right mind support anyone elses product..... this is not brain surgery... yes i would prefer an american made ford product over one made in mexico but the money stays in house enuf said!!!!!!! :censored:

Your right it does stay in the house didn't the top guy Mullaly get $35million last year, and what was our cut?

if you work for ford u should buy ford.

instead of a vette,maybe a saleen stang(vettes have more leg room though,if yer tall)

only fords allowed 2 park at ktp,and rightly so,doesnt matter where its made. in fact that mexican fusion supports many more us jobs than the us assembled transplants,or so says ford.

you like that dodge or that nissan? go get a job building them.

my wife works at corporate hq for a major restaurant company,a spin off of pepsico.she wont buy a competitors pizza!!now and then we will eat lunch at another brands place and she wont walk into work with her to go cup.she wont be caught dead with a coke can in there either.no rule against these things,just the way she feels,and i feel the same about ford.i earn my pay at ford,i drive ford.

How about when Our local news media was doing a story on our plant and zoomed in on a Toyota Celeca's Toyota emblem in our parking lot, I'll bet they contacted Toyota and get paid for advertising everytime they air it!

Edited by Furious1Auto

so should anyone that drives a Fusion park in the same lot as the bug, since they are made in the same country and the plants are next door to each other?

Is the VW uniom made? I don't think it is, so no it shouldn't be parked by a ford vehicle, I'd be curious as to the plants that are running now that have either TPT or TFT what are they driving and if their drving a import do you have special import only parking lots?

What's a "priciple?" :happy feet:

OK IIIRWA, let's look at this for a minute.

IMHO, anyone who's getting a paycheck/pensioncheck from Ford Motor Co. should by a Ford product. It's not ideology---it's economic survival. We need people to buy Ford products for us to have any chance of keeping our jobs.

Argument #1): "as long as I/we (Ford ee's) buy a UAW-made product made in the USA..." I disagree. Think about it: if everybody did that, we'd be out of a job!

Argument #2): "well, even tho I work at Ford, my husband/wife/brother/sister etc. works at GM or Chrysler, so it's OK for me to buy one." Wrong again! If you're getting a Ford paycheck, or you work for a

supplier for Ford, YOUR paycheck depends on people buying Ford---period. I don't wanna see anybody at GM or Chrysler get laid-off, but our paychecks depend on people buying FORD.

Argument #3): "I'm currently laid-off from Ford; Ford closed my plant; Ford made me a Visteon ee, etc.---so fuck Ford, I'm gonna buy a (fill-in the blank)." Again, if any money yer gettin' depends on Ford, buy a Ford.

Has Ford fucked-over a lot of past and current ee's? Yep. Hell, my plant is slated to close, too. But my paycheck still depends on people buying Ford.

Argument #4): "I'm a Ford ee, but I don't like the looks of any Ford products, so I'll buy a (fill-in the blank)." Bullshit! Most of our products are comparable to GM and Chryslers'. Again, your pay/pension check depends on other people buying Fords---so set a good example.

if you work for ford u should buy ford.

instead of a vette,maybe a saleen stang(vettes have more leg room though,if yer tall)

only fords allowed 2 park at ktp,and rightly so,doesnt matter where its made. in fact that mexican fusion supports many more us jobs than the us assembled transplants,or so says ford.

you like that dodge or that nissan? go get a job building them.

my wife works at corporate hq for a major restaurant company,a spin off of pepsico.she wont buy a competitors pizza!!now and then we will eat lunch at another brands place and she wont walk into work with her to go cup.she wont be caught dead with a coke can in there either.no rule against these things,just the way she feels,and i feel the same about ford.i earn my pay at ford,i drive ford.

Yep!

Don't get me wrong; the 'Vette is an awesome car. UAW made in the USA! But our paychecks depend on people buying Fords. 'Tang GT rocks!!

Yep!

Don't get me wrong; the 'Vette is an awesome car. UAW made in the USA! But our paychecks depend on people buying Fords. 'Tang GT rocks!!

Yeah Pump....a Tang'GT convertable really rocks!! I love my car, and I look good in it if I say so myself!! LOL...I agree with you also if your paycheck say's Ford...BUY a Ford...don't bite the hand that feeds ya' for cryin' out loud.

Yeah Pump....a Tang'GT convertable really rocks!! I love my car, and I look good in it if I say so myself!! LOL...I agree with you also if your paycheck say's Ford...BUY a Ford...don't bite the hand that feeds ya' for cryin' out loud.

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you!!!!" we've got a winner!!! good job frank!

What about the guy in the market for a sound condition used vehicle with a limited budget? The guy who is looking to get the best condition, lowest milage vehicle he can find for say 7K? He runs across a competitors product with new tires, brakes, and shocks, for the same price of any comparable Ford (minus the new parts) he can find? Im sorry, Im not gonna buy a brand new vehicle and drive it to work so idiots can bang the doors and seagulls can shit on it all day. Now dont get me wrong, I have never owned a non Ford vehicle in my life, but when buying used I dont see much what it matters. You gonna harp on someone driving a 92 Chevy pickup he bought last year?

Edited by VDTRANSMAN

After lemon lawing and then having to sue Ford for another mini van (2 Total) I bought my wife a used 99 Chrysler mini van out of nessecity and I personnally have no problem driving it.

On the other hand I know someone that just bought a brand new Chrysler 300 and someone that purchased a toyota 4 runner (new). :finger: frickin losers ,at least the Chrysler is UAW made.

But an assembly plant in Ca. builds some kind of toyata and is UAW. So who knows what.

I work for Ford

I drive a Ford!

Some personnel at Kawasaki Robotics (wixom) were told not to come to work wearing Harley Davidson clothing which if you think about it makes perfect sense when your employees are a representation of your company in the eyes of customers.

Boy aren't you glad Ford Buys USA. Kawasaki robotics. Yea when Ford went with Kawasaki robots and Kukas they sure supported the US robotic companies. Buy American. The only reason Ford went with Kawasaki was price. Kawasaki undercut the US market for robotics till they drove the US companies out of business and Ford helped them do it.

What about the guy in the market for a sound condition used vehicle with a limited budget? The guy who is looking to get the best condition, lowest milage vehicle he can find for say 7K? He runs across a competitors product with new tires, brakes, and shocks, for the same price of any comparable Ford (minus the new parts) he can find? Im sorry, Im not gonna buy a brand new vehicle and drive it to work so idiots can bang the doors and seagulls can shit on it all day. Now dont get me wrong, I have never owned a non Ford vehicle in my life, but when buying used I dont see much what it matters. You gonna harp on someone driving a 92 Chevy pickup he bought last year?

Why would a Ford ee drive a '92 ANYTHING? I'll repeat: if he/she is getting a Ford paycheck or pension check, they need to buy/drive Ford. Even used.

At least the fusion Money is going to a American Company, and not over seas. That is the difference people seem to forget. and most of all if they make a living working at Ford.

Drove by the plant along Chamberlain Lane one day and it looked like there were more cars @ gate 0, than all of the other lots combined. If you work @ FORD you should drive a FORD product, PERIOD. You are getting paid with a check that has FORD on the logo. Michael Jordan wore NIKE's, he got paid by a company that had a NIKE swoosh on its logo. You never saw him wear ADIDAS, did you? Do you know that if every FORD employee would give away two pin #'s a year, the company would sell an additional 750,000 vehicles a year.

This country is falling apart, some of it is because of our government and some of it because of idiot employees. I hate KTP because of the way management treats their people. I can't leave FORD because I have two boys in college. Also, my wife has a good paying job in Frankfort. I say this this because as much as I hate KTP, I will never tell the outside world that KTP sucks. How do you think people would feel about FORD if a FORD worker complains about the COMPANY.

So "WAKE UP" you "FORD WORKERS". Sell your product, buy your product and don't publicy ridicule the company that puts food on your table.