New Dodge Journey Photos

DCK

LLN has new Dodge Journey Photos.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-journey.html

Completely disgusting inside and out, screams of penny pinching, and will no doubt be complete and utter shit. And what scares me is that by saying this I know people will think I am just some Chrysler hater, but I have defended them plenty on the LX's that get bashed so heavily here by certain fools, but if the Journey is anything but a completely uncompetitive piece of crap I would be suprised, It already looks like some penny pinching hack job inside and out.

Completely disgusting inside and out, screams of penny pinching, and will no doubt be complete and utter shit. And what scares me is that by saying this I know people will think I am just some Chrysler hater, but I have defended them plenty on the LX's that get bashed so heavily here by certain fools, but if the Journey is anything but a completely uncompetitive piece of crap I would be suprised, It already looks like some penny pinching hack job inside and out.

I hate to disagree with you but I kinda like it. They really put the emphasis on storage in this vehicle. From the hidden compartment in the seat, to the extra glove box in the dash , to the ice box in the floor. If the fit and finish is good when it hits the dealers, I think it's gonna sell.

I kinda like it too in a non-exciting way. A bit unassuming a la Taurus X. But generally not ugly by any means. Interior is no worse then Taurus X and the storage stuff is kinda nifty. I could do without the ice cooler in the floor, but still useful to put other stuff. Using otherwise empty space is where manufacturers are going with newer vehicles. Bedside storage on pickups, etc...

I'll bet that the plastics are worse then whats found in the Taurus X...the Caliber I had for a rental was HORRIBLE

I think your being a bit harsh. The plastics look better than on the next Lincoln passanger car they are going to bring out. The styling is bland though.

This vehicle is launching 4-5 years after the Freestyle launched, it needs to be compared to vehicles launching today.

The exterior is disgusting, disproportional, it is a hack job, the interior as well. Look at the New Murano's interior, blows the DOdge out of the water. Even the Murano's extgerior, it may be poarizing and ugly, but it is a cohesive and uniformed designed that does not look cheap.

The exterior is disgusting, disproportional, it is a hack job, the interior as well. Look at the New Murano's interior, blows the DOdge out of the water. Even the Murano's extgerior, it may be poarizing and ugly, but it is a cohesive and uniformed designed that does not look cheap.

I agree that the Murano blows the Journey away. I agree that the exterior is a bit of a hack job. I agree that the interior looks cheap. However, the Journey is by far the best thing Chrysler has put out in several years. Have you seen the bizarre minivans? How about the weirdo "compacts" Chrysler is selling now? The cartoonish Grand Cherokee? The penny-pinched Dakota? The land-of-make-believe Commander?

In that light the Journey is a huge step forward...it still puts Chrysler behind nearly every other competitor, but it's still a huge step forward.

And a comment about the "interior storage innovation" of the Journey - interior storage is the latest gimmick. Sure, an in-floor ice chest may be useful or convienent, but is it going to sway your purchasing decision? Very, very doubtful.

Scott

Other than the 90's-ish era Classic Chrysler gauge panel, I think this vehicle looks decent, and will do just fine. That's as long as it's priced affordably, delivers decent mileage, and is screwed together well.

Look.... Chrysler knows that they're going to probably have to be selling these things for around $20k (or less), and a lot of them will probably be $200 a month Chrysler employee leases with little if nothing down.

They're just not worried about these trying to compete with high end vehicles.

Depending on how the four cylinder model performs, this *just* might be the replacement for Mama's Chrysler minivan when the the lease comes up in July. It will also depend on the initial reports, gas mileage, and how cheap I can get the lease payment down to using my bro-in-law's discount.

I hope Ford brings the S-Max over, or makes something like it here! I've also got access to an A-plan (or is it X?) through my neighbor that works at Ford.

Merry Christmas!

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

This vehicle is launching 4-5 years after the Freestyle launched, it needs to be compared to vehicles launching today.

I agree about it needing to Launch today, but the styling is the least of the Journey's problem, the biggest problem is the Tupperware looking plastics in the interior. The "style" of it its ok (much like the Caliber I had) but the execution of it blows chunks

The Murano looks fine out side of its stupid looking grill on it.

I saw photos a couple of months ago. These photos, I'll have to say, put a more positive spin on the Journey for me. I definitely like it better than the Chrysler Pacifica crossover and think that it will be popular for those wanting something between a Durango and a Caravan. Styling is conservative, the grille isn't too overpowering and the interior is average. Priced right, I think it'll sell decently well.

For me, I put it ahead of the efforts put into the Caliber, Avenger and Sebring and on par with the Nitro. Of course, I will say that the overall finish of the interior is behind that of Fords in general. However, as of late, Ford's interiors are a bit more polished than Dodge or Chevrolet. The dash wouldn't be a make or break thing for me. If its comfortable and functional, its not so bad to turn me off. If they are compariable priced against the Edge, I'd probably go Ford. If the Journey was cheaper and/or had more power/fuel economy, I might would consider the Journey more. Definitely on style, the Ford Edge is more eye-catching.

i like the dash in its design, but i bet its hard and cheap in materials. It doesnt look bad, its alot more conservative than the other pieces of crap theyve put out lately, and realistically thats probably a plus right now. Of course, i liked the Magnum alot more than this but hey, ya gotta stay afloat first.

I saw photos a couple of months ago. These photos, I'll have to say, put a more positive spin on the Journey for me. I definitely like it better than the Chrysler Pacifica crossover and think that it will be popular for those wanting something between a Durango and a Caravan. Styling is conservative, the grille isn't too overpowering and the interior is average. Priced right, I think it'll sell decently well.

For me, I put it ahead of the efforts put into the Caliber, Avenger and Sebring and on par with the Nitro. Of course, I will say that the overall finish of the interior is behind that of Fords in general. However, as of late, Ford's interiors are a bit more polished than Dodge or Chevrolet. The dash wouldn't be a make or break thing for me. If its comfortable and functional, its not so bad to turn me off. If they are compariable priced against the Edge, I'd probably go Ford. If the Journey was cheaper and/or had more power/fuel economy, I might would consider the Journey more. Definitely on style, the Ford Edge is more eye-catching.

I pretty much agree. But for the most part the Nitro and Caliber seem quite stagnant around here. Even with clients coming (there is a Dodge dealer across the street), nobody EVER mentions Nitro/Caliber/Sebring, etc on their lists. Are a few storage bins going to make it to the 'must-buy' list of whos-who in CUV's like the Murano/Edge/CX7/Highlander/Taurus X/and the myriad of cross-bred GM CUV's(yes 2 and 3 row vehicles quite often cross paths with shoppers). It will be interesting to see if Dodge can get it on people's radars to look at it in the first place.

Edited by kevinb120

Actually there is nothing wrong with the styling on this vehicle. Compared to a few other Chrysler products (Sebring, Nitro and Pacifica come to mind) this is a pretty attractive vehicle. I doubt it is going to be the vehicle that saves Chrysler, but it is better then some of the other offerings that Chrysler has recently introduced. Now the questions are how well is it built and how good is the chassis?

I pretty much agree. But for the most part the Nitro and Caliber seem quite stagnant around here. Even with clients coming (there is a Dodge dealer across the street), nobody EVER mentions Nitro/Caliber/Sebring, etc on their lists. Are a few storage bins going to make it to the 'must-buy' list of whos-who in CUV's like the Murano/Edge/CX7/Highlander/Taurus X/and the myriad of cross-bred GM CUV's(yes 2 and 3 row vehicles quite often cross paths with shoppers). It will be interesting to see if Dodge can get it on people's radars to look at it in the first place.

Actually, both are not selling that well around here either. I do like the styling of the Dodge Nitro/new Jeep Liberty but I don't see the Nitro that much. Never have warmed up to the Caliber though nor the Avenger/Sebring. I'd say the Journey is probably one of their better styling exercises in some time for this type of vehicle.

It's not going to set any new standards in interior quality, but I kinda like it. Pretty nice looking, at a great price. You could do a lot worse for $20,000, especially for a family on a budget. The storage areas are great.

Everyone just needs to remember that this is the replacement for the SWB Caravan, and a pretty nice one at that.

Edited by wescoent

Not that bad. But Chry/Dodge sure is pumping out the CUVs huh?

If it had the diesel and that transmission I would be interested.

But alas, no one really wants to bring a diesel to the US market for anything but medium sized trucks.

Peace and Blessings

Actually, both are not selling that well around here either. I do like the styling of the Dodge Nitro/new Jeep Liberty but I don't see the Nitro that much. Never have warmed up to the Caliber though nor the Avenger/Sebring. I'd say the Journey is probably one of their better styling exercises in some time for this type of vehicle.

The Nitro/Caliber etc. (new Dodge products) are selling well near me.......to rental fleets. :hysterical:

Actually there is nothing wrong with the styling on this vehicle. Compared to a few other Chrysler products (Sebring, Nitro and Pacifica come to mind) this is a pretty attractive vehicle. I doubt it is going to be the vehicle that saves Chrysler, but it is better then some of the other offerings that Chrysler has recently introduced. Now the questions are how well is it built and how good is the chassis?

I agree. The styling is okay, its not over the top/ugly (Nitro) or boring (cant think of a good Chrysler example, new Sebring?), its simple and functional. There are several things that IMO could be different, for example, I'd prefer a less cluttered looking roof rack apparatus, little things like that for the most part. The interior looks a little better than recent Dodge interiors, but still isn't there yet. Honestly, I think part of Dodge's interior problems is their color schemes....I hate the gray look, I think a nice tan/camel color would look a lot better. To me, gray is sorta depressing and boring.

I agree with you that it's better than Chrysler's recent offerings. That said, I believe that because of Chryslers low quality recent products, it will be difficult for Dodge to get people to consider their new most likely better quality product, because they didn't do a better job on other products.