Would any of you all ever consider a Fusion wagon?

joihan777

from zero to hero with a total of 2 national sales in the 3 days of 2008....LOL!...I have said it once and I will say it again...there is absolutely ZERO need for that car in fords line up, its audience does not justify its existance and its developement costs ( even as trivial as i beleive they were ) should/ could have been used directed at more lucrative markets or for more glaring needs....

For example what where the sales of the other cars in the same time period?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For example what where the sales of the other cars in the same time period?

we even sold more 08 Focus's...............its problem is it is a nice BLAND vehicle, bout as exciting as watching Malcolm McDonald on loop in the 40 year old virgin...Ford created a car there was no need/ desire for and designed the character OUT of it...its not even a sleeper its a total SNOOZER

from zero to hero with a total of 2 national sales in the 3 days of 2008....LOL!...I have said it once and I will say it again...there is absolutely ZERO need for that car in fords line up, its audience does not justify its existance and its developement costs ( even as trivial as i beleive they were ) should/ could have been used directed at more lucrative markets or for more glaring needs....

Well, it sure hasn't been a runaway success, so it seems that some might agree with you.

However, it is selling adequately, considering the gigantic marketing effort behind it.

And I expect it will get better. Why? Check just about any of the snow-belt newspapers for reviews of the Taurus-X — or actually any AWD Ford — now that there's lots of snow. There are lots of rave reviews from reporters who came to the vehicle hating it because it's a Ford.

It's been a long time since I have read reviews with that kind of praise.

A Fusion wagon? I'd love one.

One of the nicest practical sleds I enjoyed owning was back in 87, a 1 year-old 86 Buick Century wagon with a 2.8 and a 4-speed auto, and A/C. The previous owner had spec'd crank windows. The 2.8 carb engine ran wonderfully; the 3.1 that replaced it didn't seem to be as nice, but maybe that was due to GM's ignition coil-of-the-month engineering that seemed to affect a lot of their product. Had mine for 4 years, and except for brakes and tires and vacuuming, no service problems. The vacuuming was because the GM velour upholstery could remove all the loose hair from a bull terrier more effectively than any other device known to man. :)

Ford even nixed the focus wagon...for the same reason....

So what do you think of the Flex then? It's a WAGON.

IMHO it all depends on execution and marketing. A smaller SPORTY wagon would make perfect sense in a 35 MPG future.

The Taurus X wagon (also the Taurus sedan) isn't selling because it's somewhat bland and the marketing isn't there. Probably because they have a new one in the works, and the Taurus re-name was just a stop gap...not wanting to carry over the Five Hundred name.

IMHO it all depends on execution and marketing. A smaller SPORTY wagon would make perfect sense in a 35 MPG future.

The Taurus X wagon (also the Taurus sedan) isn't selling because it's somewhat bland and the marketing isn't there. Probably because they have a new one in the works, and the Taurus re-name was just a stop gap...not wanting to carry over the Five Hundred name.

nothing like a wagon...its Fords interpretation of a Minivan without the stigma....next time you are at a dealer sit in a minivan and then a wagon...if you can't come to the conclusion they are totally different beasts buy a six pack and go party at Lincolnfans.....

Somebody sees the light! Of course the Flex is a wagon...calling it anything else is just marketing. Just like with the term "Crossover". It is marketing speak for SUV.

Somebody sees the light! Of course the Flex is a wagon...calling it anything else is just marketing. Just like with the term "Crossover". It is marketing speak for SUV.

so anything that carrys 7-8 people must be a wagon...man, have to stop emptying my hipflask at work...oh yeah, i get it...15 passenger Club-WAGON.....and the cross country trip with 8 and their luggage is SO comfortable in the Focus/ Taurus X, legroom, knee support, entrance exit to the Third row, headroom, hiproom, ability to recline in the midrow and not lay in the third row passengers lap....gotta go, refill for the flask and ponder the differences between a wagon and "van" along with the meaning of life....hey the Explorer is a van..and the Expedition....

Try posting before emptying it. retard.gif

apologies but non logical posts drive me too it.....Tim obviously has worked his way to intreveneously....you have opened a whole new category....LOL! sweeping comments from armchair experts seem to becoming more the norm unfortunately....I am curious how you guys catagorize a Mini Van though...this should be a hoot...anyone have ice?

Edited by Deanh

apologies but non logical posts drive me too it.....Tim obviously has worked his way to intreveneously....you have opened a whole new category....LOL! sweeping comments from armchair experts seem to becoming more the norm unfortunately....I am curious how you guys catagorize a Mini Van though...this should be a hoot...anyone have ice?

So how would you differentiate between a wagon/CUV/minivan?

To me a wagon is a sedan with a cargo area between the C & D pillars. Rarely wagons have a small seat sharing the cargo space, so seating is usually for 5 (rarely sometimes 7). Many sedans/wagons don't offer AWD. The cabin/ step-in/overall height remains relatively the same as the sedan.

A CUV is similar except it is a "tall-ified" & "truckish" version of the same car platform. Which means it is prone to leaning more than the sedan-height wagon. There are a few models with 3rd row seats for 2 [small] people. A CUV usually has AWD available as an option (I believe). A CUV's cabin and the step-in ride height is overall taller than a sedan/wagon.

A minivan is like a wagon however the chassis is either heavily modified from somewhere else or altogether unique. Minivans routinely have 3rd row seats for 3 people plus cargo space. A minivan DOESN'T have a tunnel hump running down the centerline thus it haves a FLAT FLOOR. Sliding doors are the norm here also. AWD is usually offered. The cabin is tall & very van-like but the step-in height is very low. Also, the engine is not as easily accessible as the wagon or CUVs.

Therefore, based on this picture, I'd have to call the Taurus X a wagon, with rather minivan-like proportions. (It is all of 0.8" shorter than my Sienna)

2008_taurus-x_05HR.jpg

Also, based on this image, I'd categorize the new Flex as a wagon. Alas, I have no idea if it will be bigger or smaller than the X because Ford has not released the specifications yet.

15-2009-ford-flex.jpg

Decaf soy latte please. (From Peet's Coffee, of course) :P

Edited by joihan777

So how would you differentiate between a wagon/CUV/minivan?

To me a wagon is a sedan with a cargo area between the C & D pillars. Rarely wagons have a small seat sharing the cargo space, so seating is usually for 5 (rarely sometimes 7). Many sedans/wagons don't offer AWD. The cabin/ step-in/overall height remains relatively the same as the sedan.

A CUV is similar except it is a "tall-ified" & "truckish" version of the same car platform. Which means it is prone to leaning more than the sedan-height wagon. There are a few models with 3rd row seats for 2 [small] people. A CUV usually has AWD available as an option (I believe). A CUV's cabin and the step-in ride height is overall taller than a sedan/wagon.

A minivan is like a wagon however the chassis is either heavily modified from somewhere else or altogether unique. Minivans routinely have 3rd row seats for 3 and cargo space. A minivan DOESN'T have a tunnel hump running down the centerline thus it haves a FLAT FLOOR. Sliding doors are the norm here also. AWD is usually offered. The cabin is tall & very van-like but the step-in height is very low. Also, the engine is not as easily accessible as the wagon or CUVs.

Iced decaf soy latte please.

height/ interior size and carrying capacity for people and LUGGAGE...try carrying luggage IN a Taurus X with the kids in the third row.....as for the CUV...yeah I question that, a van with a more Trucky look???? dunno...truth be told I think manufacturers take great pride in coming up with "trendy" nomenclatures as the next big thing....todays flavor definitely "Cross-overs"....Minvans and Wagons have passed their "eat or freezeby" dates....gimme a tall black coffee, like my women...strong and bitter .... Edited by Deanh

height/ interior size and carrying capacity for people and LUGGAGE...try carrying luggage IN a Taurus X with the kids in the third row.....as for the CUV...yeah I question that, a van with a more Trucky look???? dunno...truth be told I think manufacturers take great pride in coming up with "trendy" nomenclatures as the next big thing....todays flavor definitely "Cross-overs"....Minvans and Wagons have passed their "eat or freezeby" dates....gimme a tall black coffee, like my women...strong and bitter ....

5 years ago, I might have agreed that the general public would be less and less interested in wagons & Minivans. And CUVs were barely on the radar since SUVs were still the leaders.

But as gasoline prices continually rise, I think the public will [perhaps begrudgingly] begin buying smaller and smaller cars. How are SUV sales stacking up against CUV sales? CUV sales are gaining traction correct?

In a similar manner I believe wagons will begin to be more popular with folks, eventually trumping minivan sales. The smaller wagons (like a Fusion wagon) will be great for families with younger kids and the Taurus wagons will be great for Grandparents (great ease-of-entry) and for families with great big 'ol teenagers and all the active stuff they do.

To me, it isn't about what I want it's about what works best. Otherwise I'd be in Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet!

Take a chill pill with whatever you have in your hip flask!

The Flex is obviously a crossover, a cut down SUV/mini-van I suppose, with a hood.....still sounds like a station wagon/estate/shooting brake to me.....geez what did they call the old Econoline.....a CLUB WAGON! The Flex is a crossed/crossed and recrossed of several things. If you find my armchair opinions "unfortunate" I find yours rigid and churlish.

I can't figure what your going off about.

nothing like a wagon...its Fords interpretation of a Minivan without the stigma....next time you are at a dealer sit in a minivan and then a wagon...if you can't come to the conclusion they are totally different beasts buy a six pack and go party at Lincolnfans.....

Totally different beasts? Really? They haul people and cargo together

The underlined was totally rude and unnecessary LOL. Lincolnfan is a troll. I asked a legitimate question about the topic (Fusion wagon) remember....and asked about it vs the Flex.

But as gasoline prices continually rise, I think the public will [perhaps begrudgingly] begin buying smaller and smaller cars. How are SUV sales stacking up against CUV sales? CUV sales are gaining traction correct?

In a similar manner I believe wagons will begin to be more popular with folks, eventually trumping minivan sales. The smaller wagons (like a Fusion wagon) will be great for families with younger kids and the Taurus wagons will be great for Grandparents (great ease-of-entry) and for families with great big 'ol teenagers and all the active stuff they do.

Good points, though I'm not sure the minivan will suffer too much, as it's likely a good number of Suburban/Expedition types will need to downsize, and a wagon might be toooo small. Generally speaking, if the fuel costs become a big issue, many folks will shift down a size.....incidentally, this bodes well for the Flex, assuming the design catches on.

Edited by NJSteve3

• 1 month later...
I agree, no one wants to own a station wagon or a minivan.

I sure as hell don't want to own some faggot ass crossover!

Thanks to the liberal yuppies who basically have destroyed the domestic car industry by buying overpriced garbage and foreign cars.

Sorry... But station wagons and minivans still serve their purpose. Let's wait and see in 15 years how many of these cracker jack built crossovers are still on the road. Especially with cheap shit components, cheap shit interiors, cheap shit everything. We'll see...