New Edge we Love It. - But What Is This?

pa454aj

We Have Had Our Edge For Two Weeks - Loaded With Everything Except Rear DVD & Towing Package

And We Really Love The Vehicle - Here It Is BUT Driving Yesterday And A Part Falls Down From Under The Dash

Drivers Side Part # > ABS < 077500-4430 It Is A Plastic Piece with two contacts 1 1/2 X 1 x 5/8 Of An Inch

Dealer Says It's Just An Extra Part ------------------------ WHAT ?

Does Anyone Know What This Is?

:banghead:

We Have Had Our Edge For Two Weeks - Loaded With Everything Except Rear DVD & Towing Package

And We Really Love The Vehicle - Here It Is BUT Driving Yesterday And A Part Falls Down From Under The Dash

Drivers Side Part # > ABS < 077500-4430 It Is A Plastic Piece with two contacts 1 1/2 X 1 x 5/8 Of An Inch

Do you have a picture of it?

Did the vehicle have a few miles on it, like it had been test driven prior?

What you describe, and making a lot of assumption, sounds like it could have been kicked by someone who sat in the vehicle prior.

In any case, it might be worth going to a different dealer, and asking them.

[FOLLOWUP QUESTION TO ANYONE READING THIS]

I once heard that a dealer has a financial stake in any warranty work performed on a vehicle it sold, and any warranty work performed on that vehicle is $$ out of their pocket. True?

Edited by RangerM

Did the vehicle have a few miles on it, like it had been test driven prior?

What you describe, and making a lot of assumption, sounds like it could have been kicked by someone who sat in the vehicle prior.

In any case, it might be worth going to a different dealer, and asking them.

[FOLLOWUP QUESTION TO ANYONE READING THIS]

I once heard that a dealer has a financial stake in any warranty work performed on a vehicle it sold, and any warranty work performed on that vehicle is $$ out of their pocket. True?

I think they may have to pay a deductible.

probaly not re-installed correctly after removal of the mandatory dealer installed aftermarket alarm!

Call another dealer and see if they can run the part number. the ABS is just the name of the plastic. it doesnt mean its part of the braking system or anything.

I believe most of the numbers you encounter on Ford parts, that, while looking like Ford parts catalog numbers, are actually engineering numbers, and because of that, may not show up in the catalog. However, Ford may have changed their practice.

Edited by Edstock

Is this it?

http://www.gz-cb.com/chinese/pro_show.asp?id=1125

This has the same part number and is from a Chinese auto parts maker. My Chinese is as good as my Martian so I couldn't read the description.

Edited by jhgraves5767

It looks like the in car tempature sensor. Its possible that an extra one got dropped in the dash during assembly and instead of finding it they stuck another one in. If you dont have any A/C problems, then I would not worry. The original location of that sensor is located in the panel below the steering column. There is a spot on that panel that has slots for air to reach the sensor. Check with a flash light and see if something is behind those slots.

I don't understand why some people come to a fan site just to be annoying. I guess there must be Ford fans at Toyota sites doing the same? Although a friend at a major marketing agency told me Toyota pays people to go to blogs, forums and consumer interactive sites to provide plant positive posts and counter negative ones.

Don't feed the trolls, look at his signature, his name and any comments....pure troll!

Thank you. Who cares if this tiny sensor was originally designed for a Toyota by this Chinese parts supplier and adopted by Ford because it was the best solution for the Edge. Good for Ford.

室外溫度传感器 = Outside Temperature Sensor

丰田 = Toyota

Not so sure how it ended up in your vehicle.