Toyota Tundra Takes Texas, Destroys Detroit Bastion

suv_guy_19

I didn't know they released that yet. As you said, they couldn't continue w/ those sort of incentives forever.

The author could have done us all a favour.

By leading with this paragraph he could shortened is article by 75%:

Even with Tundra's 2007 leap, Toyota trailed the 200,000- truck target it disclosed almost two years ago. The automaker set the same goal for 2008, below its capacity to make as many as 300,000 Tundras at plants at San Antonio and Indiana.

BORG, how is selling near 200K Tundras with $6000 rebates versus 800-900k F-150's "taking over"??? Also, how is your Lincoln eLed-Sel?

Toyota isn't perfect, see all the Tundra recalls, and if they keep giving them away, they will have to start de-contenting, and cutting back production, hmm sound familar?

Edited by 630land

BORG, how is selling near 200K Tundras with $6000 rebates versus 800-900k F-150's "taking over"??? Also, how is your Lincoln eLed-Sel?

Toyota isn't perfect, see all the Tundra recalls, and if they keep giving them away, they will have to start de-contenting, and cutting back production, hmm sound familar?

800K - 900K F-150s?? Exactly what are you smoking?? Try less than 450K buddy. Also, you might want to read the article again. Rebates and incentives on the F-150 were MORE than what Toyota had on the Tundra.

800K - 900K F-150s?? Exactly what are you smoking?? Try less than 450K buddy. Also, you might want to read the article again. Rebates and incentives on the F-150 were MORE than what Toyota had on the Tundra.

Not at times the rebates weren't more. At the end the Tundra was up to 11000 in some places. Add to that the fact that the Tundra is brand new and you have a problem.

Not at times the rebates weren't more. At the end the Tundra was up to 11000 in some places. Add to that the fact that the Tundra is brand new and you have a problem.

How can you argue with facts that show that in 2007, the F-150 averaged a bigger incentive? You know what average means right?? Its obvious from the figures that Ford offered bigger rebates and incentives to move the F-150 in 2007. Period.

How can you argue with facts that show that in 2007, the F-150 averaged a bigger incentive? You know what average means right?? Its obvious from the figures that Ford offered bigger rebates and incentives to move the F-150 in 2007. Period.

I'd like to know where hell they got their numbers for Tundra and F-150 rebates, all I can find is numbers lower for both of them and Ford is about $500 more then the Tundra depending on the truck...both are offereing 4K back on 07 Models and 2K vs 2.5K on 08 Models.

ROFL, this is from a guy whose transmission crapped out on his Tundra. I especially liked the part where he called a Ford CRAPPY. If it's so crappy, why is your Tundra the one getting the tranny replaced?

Thanks for the information. I never thought to look for the place of build or build date, but now I am curious. Is there a specific plant that is building trucks with this problem? I need to get some more items out of my truck tomorrow, so I will check the sticker in the door frame for this information. Is the lemon law really in effect if they have it more than 30 days. By the way, it does suck not having my truck. I am really pissed at toyota right now, especially because they stuck me in a crappy rental Ford, and didn't offer a toyota loaner.

Remember, at the beginning of the year, Toyota was barely incentivizing them while Ford was running their usual couple grand off of a 3 year old model. It took until about mid-year for toyota to come to the conclusion that they weren't going to make their sales targets. They started a three pronged approach. Financing incentives, rebates on the hood, and dealer incentives. In the last three months of the year, I have newspaper ads in our recycling bin that show Tundra's advertised by our regional dealers with from $7000 to $10,000 off of the sticker with F-150 ads right next to them that have discounts from $3000-$5000, depending on the dealer. That tells me, in very plain terms, that the combination of all inceitive programs in my region was twice as much for the Tundra than it was for the F-150. Will we ever know for certain how much there really was on each of them? Dunno. But, I do know what I read in the paper and saw on TV. Tundras going for a lot less than sticker as compared to equivalent F-150 units.

In the last quarter of '07, I saw TV ads in my area with rebates as high as $9,000 on Tundras. In contrast, the highest rebate I saw advertised for an F-150 was $5,000.

local dealers here had 5k off within two months of launch and it only got bigger as Toyota started increasing the rebates.

You could probably easily get 10k off msrp on a tundra if you tried.

Is anybody else REALLY tired of Toyota Tundra owners? They think their truck is such great shakes because it has 381 hp. Well, I decided that I am sick of them too. This morning, I made a website that details a lot of problems that I am already aware of on the Tundra. I'm sure there are more out there. In any case, I think that we should use a site like this to have an easy escape from any Toyota Tundra loving guy out there who thinks his truck is the best thing since sliced bread. Whenever a troll comes around, just send him to the link. Problem solved:

http://students.uww.edu/defouwal03/toyotatundra/

Is anybody else REALLY tired of Toyota Tundra owners? They think their truck is such great shakes because it has 381 hp. Well, I decided that I am sick of them too. This morning, I made a website that details a lot of problems that I am already aware of on the Tundra. I'm sure there are more out there. In any case, I think that we should use a site like this to have an easy escape from any Toyota Tundra loving guy out there who thinks his truck is the best thing since sliced bread. Whenever a troll comes around, just send him to the link. Problem solved:

http://students.uww.edu/defouwal03/toyotatundra/

I'll make sure I print up flyers and do my part to pass the word on...

Especially when I put them on Toyota Tundra trucks! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: