Mercury Messenger/Cougar/Capri

75coug

Personally, I would buy one. When my Mustang goes, I don't think it will be replaced with another one. Just in case someone from Ford is reading this, I WOULD REPLACE IT WITH A COUGAR! I like the idea of a sports car with a little luxury. Hey, even my Stang has sequentials. I blame it all on that stupid Montery van that didn't sell! :angry:

Personally, I would buy one. When my Mustang goes, I don't think it will be replaced with another one. Just in case someone from Ford is reading this, I WOULD REPLACE IT WITH A COUGAR! I like the idea of a sports car with a little luxury. Hey, even my Stang has sequentials. I blame it all on that stupid Montery van that didn't sell! :angry:

I agree, I like the idea of a sports car with luxury. BMW anyone?(or are you thinking less luxurious than that?) I think that could be where Mercury fills in, while Lincoln can focus on luxury vehicles maybe with a 'halo' luxury sports car.

Those look cool, but I'm guessing a new Cougar would have to use the current Mustang's roofline.

That's one of the reasons I doubt there will be a new Cougar soon, the Mustang refresh will be using the 05-08 roof too. The roof doesn't translate into anything "Cougar".

That's one of the reasons I doubt there will be a new Cougar soon, the Mustang refresh will be using the 05-08 roof too. The roof doesn't translate into anything "Cougar".

yeah but Fords Flex/ Lincolns version may be a sign.....same underpinnings, TOTALLY different exteriors....one can only wish...a mod/ retro Cougar is right up my alley......

75 COUG....after one post your giving up? :banghead:

I've done a lot of Cougar chops (see photoshp section here) even send some of them into Ford. If Mercury is around in 2010, maybe they'll get a Cougar in the next generation.

I didn't realize you did that set of Cougar chops. They look great. I'd buy one.

I may be wrong but Im going to throw this out there.....

There will be no Cougar (Mustang based or other) because Ford is scared it will only eat into other Ford sales, not attract new buyers.

Replace a crappy car with the Cougar, like the Focus. Focus sucks. Bring in a Cougar that could replace the Fuck-us...

If the 2-door coupe that Cadillac just shown (CTS Coupe or CTC), is even 1/2 as successful as everyone is predicting, I am sure that Ford will need to rush out a Lincoln 2-door coupe to compete. The fastest way for that to happen, is to take a Mustang, and possibly stretch it a few inches.

Now, if Lincoln calls it a "Cougar", "Capri", or something like MKM or MKC, would be anyone guess at this stage.

If the 2-door coupe that Cadillac just shown (CTS Coupe or CTC), is even 1/2 as successful as everyone is predicting, I am sure that Ford will need to rush out a Lincoln 2-door coupe to compete. The fastest way for that to happen, is to take a Mustang, and possibly stretch it a few inches.

Now, if Lincoln calls it a "Cougar", "Capri", or something like MKM or MKC, would be anyone guess at this stage.

For some reason, at times Ford makes breakout vehicles that define a new segment (Mustang, Taurus, Explorer and soon Flex hopefully), other times they seem to hold back, wait and react....ever so slowly. Or worse, like a grape, let a good vehicle die on the vine. I did a chop of a Zephyr coupe two years ago. Lincoln has had a MK IX show car several years ago. Why can't they revisit the obvious before the competition does? Are they waiting for Lexus to come out with a new SC400? I'm sure it's a "buisness case" where the bean counters and focus groups don't get it.

post-19198-1200950559_thumb.jpg

For some reason, at times Ford makes breakout vehicles that define a new segment (Mustang, Taurus, Explorer and soon Flex hopefully), other times they seem to hold back, wait and react....ever so slowly. Or worse, like a grape, let a good vehicle die on the vine. I did a chop of a Zephyr coupe two years ago. Lincoln has had a MK IX show car several years ago. Why can't they revisit the obvious before the competition does? Are they waiting for Lexus to come out with a new SC400? I'm sure it's a "buisness case" where the bean counters and focus groups don't get it.

That chop looks great as usual, Tim.