2008 Ford Verve Concept

suv_guy_19

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to look up the Focus specs. Ford lists it at 175" It is hard to believe the Verve is over two feet shorter. The Verve photograghs beautifully, it looks like a larger car. The proportions are perfect. Most of its competition looks oddly shaped like the Yaris, Fit Versa. The Verve is a very stylish car that will attract a wide variety of buyers unlike the Kid's Cars that populate the B-Car market.

Ford will have a real winner here with this car.

I agree, the vehicle looks very promising for Ford.

Its the replacement for the Fiesta, though I'm not sure if Europe is getting it since Hatches are more popluar there then in China or the US

They'll get hatchback versions of the same vehicle, though. The 4 door was developed specifically for the US market.

Its really nice. I still can't get a correct perspective for its size. It looks much bigger than what people are saying.

It also looks way more expensive than the competition in its class. This will compete with an Aveo??

I like the red-walls on the tires as well.

I can't either. Like you said, the pictures make it appear much bigger than it actually is. I thought the same thing when I first saw press pictures of the HHR.

I like the wiper stalk being separate. It's like the Liberty. If you need a quick swipe from the wipers, you push down on it. You can't do that when it's on the same one.

Yes you can, you push the end of the stalk inward toward the steering colunm for one wipe. At least that's how it works on our Expedition and F-150.

OT: went to answer this thread and got the grey screen that says "This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota " - does anyone else get this periodically on this site?

Last night I couldn't get onto this site at around 10:00 pm EST. Is it because there are too many users online?

It happens every once and a while. Today it happened quite a few times. I'm not sure why it happens, but all you can do is wait and refresh the window until it works again.

I don't think he meant the name "Verve" will replace "Fiesta". He meant this vehicle will replace the current Fiesta but carry the same name.

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry, I should've been more explicit. Does anybody know if it will be named Fiesta here in the states, or will the name be Verve, because I've read reports saying the name may become Verve rather than Fiesta.

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry, I should've been more explicit. Does anybody know if it will be named Fiesta here in the states, or will the name be Verve, because I've read reports saying the name may become Verve rather than Fiesta.

I doubt they've made a firm decision yet. It's a long way 'till the US sales date and they have plenty of time to focus group and whatever else they think needs to be done.

Hopefully Ford doesn't ignore their home market again and not give us the hatch..

I've seen it repeated a million times we will at least get a 5 door hatchback....

The one thing I'm curious about with the new B-car is Ford was looking at pocketbooks as a way to sell a small car at a bigger price...if you have a GF or Wife they are in love with Coach bags or other "high end" name brands that sell for stupid prices, you know what I'm talking about...but anyways...if they persue this stratigy, its going to move the B-car into the avg transaction price of a nicely equiped Focus.

I'd pay say $16K or so for a Verve that was only slightly watered down from what we seen of the concepts, but wasn't the whole point of this B-car to make it cheap so the Focus can be bumped up market and make money?

I've seen it repeated a million times we will at least get a 5 door hatchback....

The one thing I'm curious about with the new B-car is Ford was looking at pocketbooks as a way to sell a small car at a bigger price...if you have a GF or Wife they are in love with Coach bags or other "high end" name brands that sell for stupid prices, you know what I'm talking about...but anyways...if they persue this stratigy, its going to move the B-car into the avg transaction price of a nicely equiped Focus.

I'd pay say $16K or so for a Verve that was only slightly watered down from what we seen of the concepts, but wasn't the whole point of this B-car to make it cheap so the Focus can be bumped up market and make money?

Yeah, but imagine how nice a Verve-style Focus would be.

This car should have been here 3 years ago.

Right. I'll give Mulally a call and tell him to jump in his time machine and go back 6-7 years to make sure this happens 3 years ago...

The past is the past. Mistakes and bad calls were made and it's a huge part of the reason for Ford's current position. Well all know that. Can we move on now?

The past is the past. Mistakes and bad calls were made and it's a huge part of the reason for Ford's current position. Well all know that. Can we move on now?

Logical and reasonable statements have no place on this board.

Edited by MarkFive