2008 Ford Verve Concept

suv_guy_19

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be at the show, and the Verve sedan concept is only 146" long; hardly Focus sized....

I had to look up the Focus specs. Ford lists it at 175" It is hard to believe the Verve is over two feet shorter. The Verve photograghs beautifully, it looks like a larger car. The proportions are perfect. Most of its competition looks oddly shaped like the Yaris, Fit Versa. The Verve is a very stylish car that will attract a wide variety of buyers unlike the Kid's Cars that populate the B-Car market.

Ford will have a real winner here with this car.

I'd buy a car from China if it were designed, developed and produced by one of the Big 2.5 (so no Chery developed or strictly JV developed cars). All the profits come right back to Detroit. We're just exploiting the Chinese for their cheap labor - not helping them in any particular way.

How's that for national pride?

"Wish my morals and national pride"?

I believe in the American worker. In my state, and in the rest of the countries future, we are looking at a recession. Is it a coincidence that this happened after "outsourcing" became a fad?

Do yourself and the rest of the country a favor. Only buy products produced in the United States, preferably ones that contribute to your state and local economy.

For example. You can buy a KIA at a store near my house and th4e dealership and sales person makes money off your purchase.

Now, buy a Chrysler, Ford, or GM instead, and not only does the sales person and dealer make money, but you just contributed to your economy in the form of payroll taxes of employees, and property taxes paid by the company to a local community. For every auto job, another six jobs are created around them.

Michigan is in the middle of a severe budget crisis, and it's citizens are the only ones to blame. In one sentence, you have teachers and state employees complaining there is no money in the states budget because of the loss of auto jobs, and in the parking lot here are brand new Korean and Japanese vehicles in their spaces. For a bunch of educated people, they sure are quite dumb.

Or, you can keep going to Wal-Mart and buying imported goods. Sooner or later, your job will be effected too.

I believe in the American worker. In my state, and in the rest of the countries future, we are looking at a recession. Is it a coincidence that this happened after "outsourcing" became a fad?

Please, recessions are part of the normal economic cycle, quit trying to weave two totally different things that aren't even related to one another?

I like it. It reminds me of the current Citroens. Is it a replacement for the Focus? Or will it sit alongside the Focus in Europe?

Its the replacement for the Fiesta, though I'm not sure if Europe is getting it since Hatches are more popluar there then in China or the US

Please, recessions are part of the normal economic cycle, quit trying to weave two totally different things that aren't even related to one another?

Yeah. How can I possibly blame a recession for a loss of jobs and the income they create. How stupid of me. :rolleyes:

Yeah. How can I possibly blame a recession for a loss of jobs and the income they create. How stupid of me. :rolleyes:

You clearly cannot argue with someone who does not know the difference between economics and his left foot.

Please let's keep this on topic. This car is incredibly exciting. I just hope we get this out ASAP.

Its the replacement for the Fiesta, though I'm not sure if Europe is getting it since Hatches are more popluar there then in China or the US

I like it and it should come here, but not as a Fiesta replacement. It's too big. It looks more EU Focus sized. As popular as the Focus is here I think by 2010 they will need a style change. This might be the answer.

I like it and it should come here, but not as a Fiesta replacement. It's too big. It looks more EU Focus sized. As popular as the Focus is here I think by 2010 they will need a style change. This might be the answer.

Dude it's about the same size as the outgoing Fiesta.

The Euro Focus looks like a taller and longer Volvo S40.

Its really nice. I still can't get a correct perspective for its size. It looks much bigger than what people are saying.

It also looks way more expensive than the competition in its class. This will compete with an Aveo??

I like the red-walls on the tires as well.

What a gorgeous looking car! Like some said, I like the US grill better. It conveyed Ford's current design theme in the US with what they are calling Kinetic design in Europe-nice to see them not walking away from that.

I love the rear as well-looks like a hatch but not sure.

The interior is most impressive. It definitely is distinctive without looking like is was over designed. Glad to see two stalks on the wheel-I much prefer seperate wiper and turn signal stalks-something current Ford products lack.

This is going to be a success. Will give credit to Ford by getting the right product here instead of just a product.

NICE JOB! See Richard-I can say something nice:)