F-150 Free Press report

SVT_MAN

http://media.freep.com/f150/videopage.html

If you view the third video, you can listen to some ignorant Toyota customers who mistakenly believe that Toyota Tundra is higher quality than the Ford F-150.

I haven't listened to the rest. Interesting videos though.

[edit]Some joker says that he likes his Toyota better than the Ford he traded in. JOKER.[/edit]

Edited by SVT_MAN

I like the one that says "I like my TUndra, because its quieter, rides smoother, better interior, and gets better fuel mileage than my previous F-150"... Quite funny, since the F150 trumps the Tundra in all those fronts. I guess he hasn't kept it long enough before the gremlins start coming out...

I like the one that says "I like my TUndra, because its quieter, rides smoother, better interior, and gets better fuel mileage than my previous F-150"... Quite funny, since the F150 trumps the Tundra in all those fronts. I guess he hasn't kept it long enough before the gremlins start coming out...

Was his previous F-150 built in 1982?

Every Toyota customer in that video was from Texas, they happen to be built there. Texans are overly proud people and will buy ANYTHING that says Texas on it.

There's a broad generalization if I ever saw one. I hear this a lot ... but it's kind of difficult to say Texans are all overly proud blah blah blah. Plus, if that were true, why does Ford lead sales in Texas? I'm fairly certain Ford does NOT make the F-Series there. Am I mistaken?

Every Toyota customer in that video was from Texas, they happen to be built there. Texans are overly proud people and will buy ANYTHING that says Texas on it.

Tundra's are not "built" in Texas. They are assembled here using parts made from imported materials and made with imported tooling. Just like every other Japanese car that claims to be "Made in the USA".

A brand new Tundra should be nicer then any 2 to 3 year old truck. I love it when people compare their new vehicle to their old one like it's apples to apples...

oh trust me, your wrong there, about 3/4 of my family is from Texas and they are not going to drive a Tundra assembled in San Antonio

And how do you know this for a fact? I wouldn't be seen DEAD in a Tundra.

<-------- Note the location

Japanese cars and trucks assembled in America are not, and will never be American cars and trucks. They are simply Japanese cars and trucks assembled here.

Look at it this way: Ichiro Suzuki plays baseball in the US for the Seattle Mariners. He is not an American baseball player. He is a Japanese outfielder who plays in the US.

Japanese cars and trucks assembled in America are not, and will never be American cars and trucks. They are simply Japanese cars and trucks assembled here.

Look at it this way: Ichiro Suzuki plays baseball in the US for the Seattle Mariners. He is not an American baseball player. He is a Japanese outfielder who plays in the US.

Right...

Quick quiz:

What is more American, a Tundra or Ford Escape? I'll give you a hint...it is NOT the Escape.

Cars and Trucks with most domestic content

Edited by P71_CrownVic

At least do some research before you make yourself look this stupid.......

Not really. He makes a valid point. Tundra is simply assembled here. Unless Toyota designed it here, the specifications are Japanese design produced here.

Edited by SVT_MAN

Right...

Quick quiz:

What is more American, a Tundra or Ford Escape? I'll give you a hint...it is NOT the Escape.

Interesting...

So the Camry, once noted as the car with more domestic content than the domestics, has dropped off the list and the domestics hold 8 of the top 10 positions. Good info! Thanks for posting!

Right...

Quick quiz:

Nice spin. The rankings do not tell which cars are "more American." They tell which cars are the top-10 best-selling American-made cars. From the site:

What Are the Top American-Made Cars?

Cars.com's American-Made Index rates vehicles built and bought in the U.S. Factors include sales, where the car's parts are made and whether the car is assembled in the U.S. Models that have been discontinued are disqualified, as are those with a domestic-parts content rating below 75 percent.

I wonder how much higher the sales factor pushed #4 Tundra above #7 Escape considering the 196,555 vs 165,596 sales for 2007. That's 18.7% more sales compared to the Escape. That's why the Tundra is ranked higher.

Now, while it's still possible the Tundra is "more American" (i.e. higher American parts content) than the Escape, that list ain't sayin' it. Unfortunately, some 15 minutes of searching the web isn't telling me, either.

Not really. He makes a valid point. Tundra is simply assembled here. Unless Toyota designed it here, the specifications are Japanese design produced here.

Oh really:

Development of the new Tundra was spearheaded by Toyota's U.S.-based facilities. Product planning began at TMS headquarters in Southern California. All engineering development was directed by the Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Styling, inside and out, was the work of Toyota's Calty Research and Design Centers in Newport Beach, California and Ann Arbor, Michigan. Finally, the new Tundra will be built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Princeton, Indiana and Toyota's new truck plant in San Antonio, Texas.

Development of the new Tundra was spearheaded by Toyota's U.S.-based facilities. Product planning began at TMS headquarters in Southern California. All engineering development was directed by the Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Styling, inside and out, was the work of Toyota's Calty Research and Design Centers in Newport Beach, California and Ann Arbor, Michigan. Finally, the new Tundra will be built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Princeton, Indiana and Toyota's new truck plant in San Antonio, Texas.

Well, now they know who to fire.

Where are the major components made?

Interesting...

So the Camry, once noted as the car with more domestic content than the domestics, has dropped off the list and the domestics hold 8 of the top 10 positions. Good info! Thanks for posting!

I will tell you how American a car is . . . Where the profits end up ... invested in which country ... pays how many employees in which country ... support how many domestic economy ... donated to schools, charities and community organizations ... provide scholarships for students in whihc country ... and so on ... add it up.

Right...

Quick quiz:

i will give you a hint, its the escape, dont let them fool you like they are alot of people, that car smells like rice when it pulls up next to you. i worked for a place for one day, pacific manufacturing, HUGE jap company that asymbles engin covers and foam parts for the camry and the tundra. ok, EVERYTHING in the place said made in japan on it, machinery, things to clean the floors with, all the parts in the place. even the upper management is from japan, there are not american employees till you get to middle to lower management, they cant hardly speak english. The metal they use over in the stamping side along with all the other machines, it also all comes from japan. no wonder that 93% of the sticker price of every toyota goes back to japan.

At least do some research before you make yourself look this stupid.......

the guy you quoted is telling the truth, so why are you defending a toyota on a ford site?? alot of the people on here are ford employees or members of a family of ford employees, so why dont you just slap them in the face more??