I'm Liking the Verve

J-150

The Verve, as shown at NAIAS, is looking sweet. It might be enough to make a B-car buyer out of me.

If that car came out tomorrow, it would be a slam-dunk, hands-down winner in the segment.

I think Ford needs to get it here within 18 months, no later.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it too. I don't think it would be enough to make me buy one though. However, if Ford could somehow make a Fusion or Taurus that looked that nice, then we can talk.

love the car....may be a player if they put in a drivetrain worth a $hit...I like compact cars, gimme a stick (which thank god seem to still be avail with compacts )with some pep, I'm in!

I need to see it in person. From the photos, it seems larger than it is...at least according to the spec. It should not be about performance or hp. This car needs to be sipping that fuel like the last bottle of water in a desert island.

The Verve, as shown at NAIAS, is looking sweet. It might be enough to make a B-car buyer out of me.

If that car came out tomorrow, it would be a slam-dunk, hands-down winner in the segment.

I think Ford needs to get it here within 18 months, no later.

Edited by Catalepsy

I like it too. I don't think it would be enough to make me buy one though. However, if Ford could somehow make a Fusion or Taurus that looked that nice, then we can talk.

They have, it's called the Ford Mondeo, a car you consistently like to downplay here.

ford-mondeo-1.thumbnail.jpg

Unless, of course, you're flip flopping once again, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

They have, it's called the Ford Mondeo, a car you consistently like to downplay here.

Unless, of course, you're flip flopping once again, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

That doesn't look like the Verve. I hope they don't make the Fusion look like it either. Not yet, anyway.

Edited by suv_guy_19

PC...isn't the Mondeo a "mid-size"...? Family resemblence for sure...LOVE the Mondeo as well, but it is bigger....Fusion size right?

In case you haven't noticed, the Verve sedan is little more than a reworked, smaller Mondeo.

It's exactly the same design language that people like you said wouldn't work here to justify mediocrity like the Fusion.

No, I like the styling of the Verve MUCH more than Mondeo. It doesn't look bland. The Mondeo and Fusion are both rather mediocre styling exercises when it comes down to it.

PC...isn't the Mondeo a "mid-size"...? Family resemblence for sure...LOVE the Mondeo as well, but it is bigger....Fusion size right?

About the size of a BMW 5 series.

There's also LWB version designed for China, so in theory it could've replaced both the Taurus and Fusion.

About the size of a BMW 5 series.

There's also LWB version designed for China, so in theory it could've replaced both the Taurus and Fusion.

perhaps that may happen down the road, at least thats what this "shared architecture" seems to suggest...lets just hope the verve is a sign that the styling will be similar on both sides....I like the Fusion...but I LOVE the Mondeo.... LWB for China??????? last I looked the only tall chinese were on Basketball teams HERE!

No, I like the styling of the Verve MUCH more than Mondeo. It doesn't look bland. The Mondeo and Fusion are both rather mediocre styling exercises when it comes down to it.

??????

verve_4_live_04.jpg

ford-mondeo-4p-lat.jpg

Again, squished Mondeo.

Same design language, different paintjobs.

Time to scrap plans to sell the Verve in NA, won't be liked by Americans according to RJ's logic. :(

Edited by pcsario

Sorry, but the Verve looks MUCH better. Just look at the back end. Subtle changes make a huge difference.

It's a concept you tool, the tailights will retain that shape, but won't look like that.

Are you expecting flush side windows too? :rolleyes:

Edited by pcsario