Wow!!!!!!!

FordBuyer

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what about all the people calling African Americans "blacks" here? That's just as bad as calling someone a "jew", they are not respecting the pain those people had to go through in the past.

Also, calling someone a conservative or a liberal is now a terrible offense? WTF?

Give me a break. So you're painting blue II as a nazi because he called someone a "jew" in jest due to his "hidden" hate, yet, you've refered to mexicans as "wetbacks" in the past in a "clever" reply not too long ago. Maybe you're a racist/white supremacist too, who likes to make fun of minorities because you clearly don't care about their history, otherwise you wouldn't have thought it was "ok" to write that. :rolleyes:

How about having some common sense when reading a post?

This is BON, not forums.disney.com

1) had Blue II wrote "liberal black hack journalist" he would've gotten a warning. It's the intent to use ethnic/racial/religious identity as an insult. Had he even used "liberal african-american hack journalist", he would've gotten 'marked up'.

2) again, it's not the word that's offensive, it's the intent.

3) I'm not painting Blue II as anything. He used a word in a context I consider to be offensive. He was told to stop. Whatever/whoever he is doesn't matter to me. What he says here does.

Had he said, "liberal Jewish journalist" it would've been fine. Why? Because Freidman IS a liberal Jewish journalist, and "Jewish" would certainly account for the last name.

However he included the word "hack" which cast "liberal" and "Jewish"--which have very negative connotations to some people--into the category of intended insults as well.

4) Yes, I referred to Mexicans as 'wetbacks' in response to people that asserted that Mexicans were incapable of building a quality car. That they lived in barbarous conditions, etc. Mark Twain used the 'n-word', but there hasn't been a white writer since that treated a black character more humanely than he did.

The point was how ridiculous it is to assert that Mexicans are, in some sense, inferior, that they can be labeled 'wetbacks' and stripped of their fundamental humanity. I guess if you want to see racism in that, it explains a lot of your other problems as well.

5) I DO have common sense when reading a post. That's why YOU haven't been banned yet.

And, as always, feel free to leave if you don't like it here, and go find another Ford board that will put up with your crap.

Edited by RichardJensen

Cool pix, Mark. What are all those tiny rocker switches on the Reflex?

Thanks, I can't remember what the switched were for. Some of them are marked in the Pics. The Ford rep was a young guy who was really into the cars and was really cool about letting the visitors get in close. If you have never been to a Carlisle All Ford Show, I highly recommend making the trip. They are doing a Cobra Jet reunion this year. They did Boss Mustangs last year and had a couple hundred 302s, 351s and 429s plus some Cougar Eliminators.

And if 6 million New Zealanders had been killed in World War II, and if New Zealanders had been excluded from European society and subject to periodic pogroms over the last millennium, the use of New Zealander between "liberal" and "hack" both words intended to express contempt would've set off my 'hate' alarm as well.

numbers and "whoa is me 'does not equate to importance Richard...many New Zealanders died in warfare, my Uncle was a prisoner of war in a german concentration camp which led to him having to survive his later years on oxygen tanks, my grandfather had a 14 inch scar on his back from Schrapnel.....still some prefer to refer to the past for either compensation or ongoing sympathy.....I say whats done is done, good or bad, but QUIT bringing it up, get over it and STOP using it as a crutch.....oh, and we only have 3.5 million people....60 million sheep though, dont pi$$ them off, they get downright mean.

Edited by Deanh

Yeah, the Ford rep tried them. The photos don't show all the fingerprints on it. B) Oddly enough the Reflex was right beside the Interceptor and the door was open.

not a fan of the reflex, back looks like a Crossfire, front needs clear instead of clouded headlights.....

And yet...it still outsells the Taurus and Sable. :hysterical:

Overkill.gif

see, P71 isn't crying "everyone feel sorry for me because I own/ drive a panther'....is he? And he has as much right as anyone! Anyway...i'll remain on topic...sorry to open obvious cans of worms....

Edited by Deanh

see, P71 isn't crying "everyone feel sorry for me because I own/ drive a panther'....is he?

Not at all. In fact, the irony is whats going to kill me. Ford manages to take a Volvo platform, make it their own, price it right, all to be outsold by a platform that can't hold a candle to it.

lol.gif:hysterical:

Not at all. In fact, the irony is whats going to kill me. Ford manages to take a Volvo platform, make it their own, price it right, all to be outsold by a platform that can't hold a candle to it.

BUT, the RWD, v8? platform IS coming...I don't think their current platform is any way shape or means was meant as a replacement......and retail they do sell more, and retail IS more important and profitable than fleet...sorry P...THATS A FACT!

Unless the sales are RETAIL, in which case the panther proves to be the fleet-queen it is.

BUT, the RWD, v8? platform IS coming...I don't think their current platform is any way shape or means was meant as a replacement......and retail they do sell more, and retail IS more important and profitable than fleet...sorry P...THATS A FACT!

Unless the sales are RETAIL, in which case the panther proves to be the fleet-queen it is.

You guys actually believe that the initial cost of the D3s and refresh costs have been recouped and Ford is making money on them??

:hysterical:

I guess thats why Ford lost over 2.5 billion last quarter.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

You guys actually believe that the initial cost of the D3s and refresh costs have been recouped and Ford is making money on them??

:hysterical:

I guess thats why Ford lost over 2.5 billion last quarter.

P...its called restructuring.....THATS where a majority of the losses came from........

Guess you never figured out that the costs of refreshes where figured in with the TOTAL cost of the program? The only reason the Panther is "profitible" is that they haven't been seriously changed in over 15 years.

it is a concept so no doubt it will be watered down...i mean just from an adequate cooling standpoint i would think they would have to open up the grill a little, profil;e is fantastic, rear end is nice too....square-circles inside will probably be altered as well....

NO NO NO!!! thats still too ugly flat slab like sides ughh no way i,d buy that it looks like something a dodge puked!!!! aerodynamic and sculptured sides please and that goofy front clip ??? what the hell that is so ugly ..... freshen up the sides (read shrink the ultra high belt line ) make the front fascia more like the 04 look and bring back the swept back look on the C pillar give us the 340 horse v-6 leave it front wheel drive or rear i don,t care .... or full time four wheel drive but not this look no no way i would buy that thing it doesn,t even resemble what taurus stood for and why so many of us own pre five hundred rebadged to say taurus un look alikes

NO NO NO!!! thats still too ugly flat slab like sides ughh no way i,d buy that it looks like something a dodge puked!!!! aerodynamic and sculptured sides please and that goofy front clip ??? what the hell that is so ugly ..... freshen up the sides (read shrink the ultra high belt line ) make the front fascia more like the 04 look and bring back the swept back look on the C pillar give us the 340 horse v-6 leave it front wheel drive or rear i don,t care .... or full time four wheel drive but not this look no no way i would buy that thing it doesn,t even resemble what taurus stood for and why so many of us own pre five hundred rebadged to say taurus un look alikes

04 look of what? the egg?

Edited by Deanh

Guess you never figured out that the costs of refreshes where figured in with the TOTAL cost of the program?

Not when I worked there 14 months ago.

The last refresh of the Explorer (the one where they changed every body panel and the entire interior including those stupid door handles and no one noticed !) cost over $2B !

That's how to loose money ! Spend $2B and no one notices !

Guess you never figured out that the costs of refreshes where figured in with the TOTAL cost of the program? The only reason the Panther is "profitible" is that they haven't been seriously changed in over 15 years.

Yeah...and according to everyone here, the MOST IMPORTANT thing is profit.

Panthers have it, D3s don't.

Not when I worked there 14 months ago.

The last refresh of the Explorer (the one where they changed every body panel and the entire interior including those stupid door handles and no one noticed !) cost over $2B !

That's how to loose money ! Spend $2B and no one notices !

hold it...AND MAKE IT UGLY AT THE SAME TIME AS MAKING IT DAMN NEAR INDISTINGUISABLE FROM THE PREVIOUS MODEL....damn that car makes me angry.