Wow!!!!!!!

FordBuyer

its a word that I don't think was used in a derogatory manner at all...

You're entitled to your opinion, but, "liberal Jewish hack" has "Jewish" between 2 pejoratives, "liberal", and "hack". So, it seems to me that this was not intended as a compliment.

Consider that the man's name was mis-spelled (Friedman, not Freidman), and that he's a NYT writer, not Newsweek, and it sounds like obscene drivel from some gawddam mouth-breathing ignoramus who's too intellectually lazy to get it right.

So, please keep religion out of this forum, as there are way too many people whose brains short-circuit when religion comes up in discussion.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're entitled to your opinion, but, "liberal Jewish hack" has "Jewish" between 2 pejoratives, "liberal", and "hack". So, it seems to me that this was not intended as a compliment.

Consider that the man's name was mis-spelled (Friedman, not Freidman), and that he's a NYT writer, not Newsweek, and it sounds like obscene drivel from some gawddam mouth-breathing ignoramus who's too intellectually lazy to get it right.

So, please keep religion out of this forum, as there are way too many people whose brains short-circuit when religion comes up in discussion.

my point was if someone called me a "liberal New Zealand hack"...I wouldn't be insulted in the SLIGHTEST...too many people are way too sensitive....understand sensitivity but am tired of the Politically correct claptrap and religion had nothing to do with my comment at all...thats another issue....I don't know BlueII from a bar of soap, perhaps it WAS meant as an insult...but then again some of us have thicker skin...my thoughts in the immortal words of "Chopper"...."Harden Up mate! "....now i don't know, could be wrong but "gawddam mouth-breathing ignoramus sounds MAYBE more insulting than calling a Jewish person Jewish!...sheesh, anyway I won't comment anymore, don't want to be labelled a de-railer....

That is what ruins the whole car for me. They should call it "Super Chief".

it is a concept so no doubt it will be watered down...i mean just from an adequate cooling standpoint i would think they would have to open up the grill a little, profil;e is fantastic, rear end is nice too....square-circles inside will probably be altered as well....

it is a concept so no doubt it will be watered down...i mean just from an adequate cooling standpoint i would think they would have to open up the grill a little, profil;e is fantastic, rear end is nice too....square-circles inside will probably be altered as well....

Maybe the new Taurus will be "Retro":

INTRODUCING THE ALL NEW, RETRO 2009 FORD TAURUS:

2-55-16934-l-GWSGoVPispx1OFc7nofJlA.jpg

my point was if someone called me a "liberal New Zealand hack"...I wouldn't be insulted in the SLIGHTEST...too many people are way too sensitive....understand sensitivity but am tired of the Politically correct claptrap and religion had nothing to do with my comment at all...thats another issue....I don't know BlueII from a bar of soap, perhaps it WAS meant as an insult...but then again some of us have thicker skin...my thoughts in the immortal words of "Chopper"...."Harden Up mate! "....now i don't know, could be wrong but "gawddam mouth-breathing ignoramus sounds MAYBE more insulting than calling a Jewish person Jewish!...sheesh, anyway I won't comment anymore, don't want to be labelled a de-railer....

Dean, I agree wholeheartedly.

Dean, I agree wholeheartedly.

Ed...you are one guy I have absolutely ZERO issues with, never have had, and was purturbed at the thought of a pi$$ing contest with someones opinions I actually value....cheers! As for getting back on topic...I can't wait to see something that Mullaly put on a pedestal...hopefully Chick-cargo mang!

If there is a moderator for this site, I'd say that moderation is called for.

This site IS moderated. Key word segment being 'moderate'. We don't chop people's hands of for stealing on this forum. Blue II was warned. Further action will result in post removal. As it is, the slur is not so offensive that it merits removal as opposed to the purpose it serves in leaving an 'audit trail' as in, "you said THIS, I said THIS, and that is why your last post was edited."

my point was if someone called me a "liberal New Zealand hack"...I wouldn't be insulted in the SLIGHTEST...too many people are way too sensitive....

And if 6 million New Zealanders had been killed in World War II, and if New Zealanders had been excluded from European society and subject to periodic pogroms over the last millennium, the use of New Zealander between "liberal" and "hack" both words intended to express contempt would've set off my 'hate' alarm as well.

We can only hope not. Although it is ugly enough to make people cry.

Have you seen the Interceptor in person? I have, I saw it back in September the State Fair of Texas (see attachment). It's a pretty big car and the big grille and "squarcle" tail lights really work well on it. It really looks good in person. I hope that it is indeed the inspiration for the new Taurus. I'm not much of sedan guy, but if it were to have AWD & an Ecoboost35 making 400 HP on E85, I would have to seriously consider getting one.

The Flex looked real good too...

post-4694-1201143205_thumb.jpg

post-4694-1201143278_thumb.jpg

More successful? What the fuck are you talking about? The Taurus has out sold the CV by large margin ever since it came out in 1986...

I'm not talking 1986....I'm talking 2005 Five Hundread>2008 Taurus.

The Panther is done and over with...no amount of restyling is going to save the turkey

The Interceptor body with a revised snout on the Panther platform is a winner. :shades:

Have you seen the Interceptor in person? I have, I saw it back in September the State Fair of Texas (see attachment).

Nice...I went to the 2007 Houston Auto Show to see it and Ford was too cheap to ship it down....or have a Crown Vic on the floor for that matter.

Edited by Armada Master

I'm not talking 1986....I'm talking 2005 Five Hundread>2008 Taurus.

The Interceptor body with a revised snout on the Panther platform is a winner. :shades:

Nice...I went to the 2007 Houston Auto Show to see it and Ford was too cheap to ship it down....or have a Crown Vic on the floor for that matter.

The Auto Show at the State Fair of Texas is pretty big, especially the truck sections. If you get a chance, you really should come up & see it.

Have you seen the Interceptor in person? I have, I saw it back in September the State Fair of Texas (see attachment). It's a pretty big car and the big grille and "squarcle" tail lights really work well on it. It really looks good in person. I hope that it is indeed the inspiration for the new Taurus. I'm not much of sedan guy, but if it were to have AWD & an Ecoboost35 making 400 HP on E85, I would have to seriously consider getting one.

The Flex looked real good too...

The Interceptor is really impressive in person. Ford had it at the Ford Nationals at Carlisle last summer without any barrier around it. If the doors hadn't been locked, I could have gotten some nice interior shots.

post-16479-1201149686_thumb.jpg

post-16479-1201149711_thumb.jpg

post-16479-1201149740_thumb.jpg

post-16479-1201149772_thumb.jpg

The Interceptor was at the New England auto Show last November. From some angles it looked great and others like from the front it was not pretty. They had it next to the Taurus. Maybe this was was done for a reason. If the Taurus took some of the styling cues form it and still had the room and the features that work on the current car, then I'm all for that.

And if 6 million New Zealanders had been killed in World War II, and if New Zealanders had been excluded from European society and subject to periodic pogroms over the last millennium, the use of New Zealander between "liberal" and "hack" both words intended to express contempt would've set off my 'hate' alarm as well.

Richard, you do a great job of moderating this tough site!

Perhaps 'Jap' deserves the same attention as 'Jewish'?

Jap is a hold over WWII slur. But that was WWII. This is now.

Jew or Jewish is neither a Pos or Neg.

Jap was started as a negative and is no better than any other racial slur. And in fact I do not think I have ever seen Jap used on this site in any way but its derogatory form.

Peace and Blessings

actually i'll back Blue II on this one...seems someone is a little PC sensitive, substitute ANYTHING for the word Jewish and what? is it still an issue? next up the race card....get over it, its a word that I don't think was used in a derogatory manner at all...if it offended someone then that is their OWN problem if the word Jewish can be construed/ twisted into an offending parameter...hell i would be more offended with the word "Hack" as that is a backhanded insult..... if you are Jewish you are Jewish, you are who you are....be proud of it

Agreed.

So what about all the people calling African Americans "blacks" here? That's just as bad as calling someone a "jew", they are not respecting the pain those people had to go through in the past.

Also, calling someone a conservative or a liberal is now a terrible offense? WTF?

Give me a break. So you're painting blue II as a nazi because he called someone a "jew" in jest due to his "hidden" hate, yet, you've refered to mexicans as "wetbacks" in the past in a "clever" reply not too long ago. Maybe you're a racist/white supremacist too, who likes to make fun of minorities because you clearly don't care about their history, otherwise you wouldn't have thought it was "ok" to write that. :rolleyes:

How about having some common sense when reading a post?

This is BON, not forums.disney.com

Edited by pcsario

The Interceptor is really impressive in person. Ford had it at the Ford Nationals at Carlisle last summer without any barrier around it. If the doors hadn't been locked, I could have gotten some nice interior shots.

They lock the doors on a concept car? Concept cars have locking doors?

Wow. You learn something new every day.