Challenger Embargo broken

Anthony

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE that hood scoop. :shades: Much better than that cat litter box they for whatever reason insist on sticking on the hoods of the Mustangs.

P.S. - That is one of the few complaints I have about Mustangs. The scoops always look tacked on and cheap. Except for the integrated ones on the '94-'98's.

Anyway, kudos to Chrysler on this one. Not quite as good as the Mustang IMHO but much better than the upcoming Crapmaro. :shades:

I love it.

But I think it will be huge and heavy. And they really should offer a manual transmission. I don't get why they can put one in a Viper but nothing else.

I won't buy one, but I love it, and competition for the Mustang can only be a good thing.

It does look very big and thus, very heavy.

I love it.

But I think it will be huge and heavy. And they really should offer a manual transmission. I don't get why they can put one in a Viper but nothing else.

I won't buy one, but I love it, and competition for the Mustang can only be a good thing.

6 speed manual is available shortly after launch.

How much is that thing going to weigh? Looks like a heavy beast.

It does. It looks a little to close to the original. A bloated, overweight 70's pig. But not the muscle car kind. The reduced horsepower, post-fuel crisis kind.

Reminds me of overweight pigs like the 76 Thunderbird.

It does. It looks a little to close to the original. A bloated, overweight 70's pig. But not the muscle car kind. The reduced horsepower, post-fuel crisis kind.

Reminds me of overweight pigs like the 76 Thunderbird.

2008 Mustang GT AT - 3,500 lbs

2008 Shelby GT500 - 3,920 lbs

Challenger

Edmunds predicted weight: 3,600 lbs

Car and Driver predicted weight 4,100 lbs

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...rticleId=115459

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/10492...ions-page3.html

So..... it looks like the Challenger should fall somewhere near the 'Stangs weight stats. (The projected new Camaro's too!)

Does that infer then that the 'Stang too is a pig?

If so, then it's a very attractive and fun to drive pig! :shades:

And for the record IMHO, though the '72-'76 T-Birds WERE "Lead Sleds", they were some damn fine bitchin' rides! My first car was a 429 4bbl Dual Exhaust '72 T-Bird, and once that big block got revvin', that car could fly!

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

2008 Mustang GT AT - 3,500 lbs

2008 Shelby GT500 - 3,920 lbs

Challenger

Edmunds predicted weight: 3,600 lbs

Car and Driver predicted weight 4,100 lbs

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...rticleId=115459

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/10492...ions-page3.html

So..... it looks like the Challenger should fall somewhere near the 'Stangs weight stats. (The projected new Camaro's too!)

Does that infer then that the 'Stang too is a pig?

If so, then it's a very attractive and fun to drive pig! :shades:

And for the record IMHO, though the '72-'76 T-Birds WERE "Lead Sleds", they were some damn fine bitchin' rides! My first car was a 429 4bbl Dual Exhaust '72 T-Bird, and once that big block got revvin', that car could fly!

-Ovaltine

Maybe the Mustang will lose some weight for next year?

Being closest to original doesn't always make something the best, IMO.

I didn't say it was the best. Chrysler was following a trend when they redesigned the 08' Challenger, there was a revitalization of the classic car market. Cars that were 30 and 40 years old selling for $2,000 and $3,000 began selling for 10's of thousands in shoddy condition. Mint HEMI Cuda's bagan pulling $1,000,000 at the barret Jackson auction. I blame these inflated prices on Nicolas Cage, When he definned the difference between a rich man who owns a classic as being a conasure, while the ones in Ferarri's are self indulgent weinies. He made every rich man who saw gone in 60 seconds dump their dreams of owning a high end import, and it drove the prices of American muscle through the roof. After that some companies like Dynacorn began repopping brand new 69' Camaro, 57' Chevy, and Chevelle bodies, so people could build brand new exact replica's of these auto's while using 2100 century Technology. Tube chasis, adjustable coil over shocks, rack and pinion steering, four link suspension, oversized brakes. Who doesn't want a 60's or 70's muscle car that performs like todays high performance vehicles?

Edited by Furious1Auto