Official 2009 Ford Flex Pricing

silvrsvt

The Flex seats 7 at the most and an EL can seat up to 8, and have enough room to haul their stuff. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but that 8th seat comes handy quite a bit. For that reason alone, we'll always have an Expedition as the primary family car. I like the Flex, but I don't see any reason to get one over an EL, at least for me & my family.

Same here. Not for the money they want for a Flex.

If I bought an Expy, I would not mind being able to get a bench in front so I could seat 9.

Minivans that only seat 7 seem like such a waste to me. Should seat 8 easily.

Peace and Blessings

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are paying around that same price for CX-9s, Enclaves, Outlooks, Arcadia, etc. Amazingly their replacement for a minivan is probably costing them $10K + and they seem to be happily paying for it. I'm shocked myself...

If I try really hard I can poke an Acadia to $43k. But that is it.

Crazy!

Peace and Blessings

Nothing like spending time with the kids huh? :hysterical: JKing

That is some pretty neat ability there. I put a $200 kenwood into my truck that will take USB, Aux in, etc. My kids can listen to back speakers via portable DVD player plugged into the stereo and I can listen to CD or Radio on front two speakers. But it is no where near as clean (wires) and does not have as many options as that!

Peace and Blessings

Funny, but I had the same feeling at first and almost didn't order the DVD FES. Then I thought about what really happens when we drive, and it's usually the kids fighting with each other while I'm just yelling at them to cut it out. Now they're happy campers, each in their own zone. Much more peaceful trips now. I have three kids with a wide range of ages, so it's even more useful.

Also, I fortunately happened to download the FES manual and scan through it before passing on ordering the FES. I then realized the DVD Family Entertainment System is much more about the FES than the DVD movie capability. That is, the system is even more useful for audio than video. The rear passengers can control the front audio system via the remote, play their own different audio CDs on the player in back, and independently control other media channels than I'm using. The rear DVD video screen turns into a separate menu control panel for this purpose. For example, if I'm using the Satellite Radio media channel, they can use and independently control any of the FM/AM radio, USB mpeg input, Audio Input, front 6-CD player, rear DVD player for movies or audio, Bluetooth streaming input. Or they can listen to the same Satellite Radio channel as me. And if they change my SR station, I can easily lock them out of remote control of the front, or any back controls, or both. The audio control for switching between various auto speakers locations and two separate wireless headphone channels is easy to handle automatically with the built-in controls. And if a phone call comes in, or I want to say a SYNC command, it automatically mutes the appropriate speakers, depending on the configuration in use, to allow me to talk.

People who say you can get a DVD player for less than half the cost of the FES don't realize the FES is WAY more than just a DVD player, and especially valuable with all the options provided by SYNC and all it's data input capability.

How do you get to $52 for an Expy?

I KBB'd 08 and went Limited 4x2, but with most every option available and only got to $48k msrp.

It is pretty hard to break $50k on an Expy.

$45k for a Flex/ Mini Van replacement? I guess some people might pay that. But I can not immagine paying $35K+ for a large Scion xB.

The TX is over priced and that is part of the sales problem. And an Odyssey EX Leather Nav has no more options and msrps at $36k.

If Ford thinks they are going to get $36k to $40k for the Flex they are in for a huge surprise. Getting more than $40k? I just don't see it. I don't think anyone is going to pay that.

Peace and Blessings

4x4....adds approx 3500.....

Yes it does.

But the fact still remains, CV's from 20 years ago...hell 11 years ago...look NOTHING like the "new" ones.

But the front and rear end clips have been changed which is common with updates. Have the doors and front fenders been changed?

If you investigate the photos that Intrepidatious provided in a prior thread, but go further into the website that provided those photos, you will see that someone was able to put the front end of a '98 Crown Vic on a '92 Crown Vic.

'98 Vic on a '92 Body

The person who hosted this website stated the following:

Interestingly, bolting a 98+ front clip onto earlier 92-97 crown vics is relatively straight forward. And though you'll have to swap the hood, header panel, bumper assembly and lightbulb housings to make the swap work, you can reuse your original 92-97 fenders with the other 98+ components. The overall dimensions of the crownvic fenders have remained relatively unchanged between the years, with the exception of mounting holes for emblems and the hole for the radio antenna that was eliminated in 95+ crown vics.

Here is a picture of the conversion.

fire4vic-vi.jpg

But the front and rear end clips have been changed which is common with updates. Have the doors and front fenders been changed?

If you investigate the photos that Intrepidatious provided in a prior thread, but go further into the website that provided those photos, you will see that someone was able to put the front end of a '98 Crown Vic on a '92 Crown Vic.

'98 Vic on a '92 Body

The person who hosted this website stated the following:

Here is a picture of the conversion.

fire4vic-vi.jpg

Not sure about the doors, but the fenders of a 97- Vic will bolt to a 98-02 Vic...not sure about '03+.

Not sure about the doors, but the fenders of a 97- Vic will bolt to a 98-02 Vic...not sure about '03+.

It looks like they can. Mind you, I'm looking at a picture here.

18246_window_deflector_LG.jpg

You know what, if I had the opportunity to sample one of these at the price that you can, I would take it for a drive. I already know they are comfortable. Thing is, they are $44,000 Cdn (our dollar being equal to yours AND they are built in Canada for that matter).

I find that insane.

Edited by MarkFive

It looks like they can. Mind you, I'm looking at a picture here.

18246_window_deflector_LG.jpg

You know what, if I had the opportunity to sample one of these at the price that you can, I would take it for a drive. I already know they are comfortable. Thing is, they are $44,000 Cdn (our dollar being equal to yours AND they are built in Canada for that matter).

I find that insane.

Come down here and buy a '07 Vic with 10K on the clock for between 10-15K.

How is it possible that they go for that little?

I think he is stretching....17-18 is more like it...just low resale really....no-one really wants em...but great value second hand if thats your cup of tea...yup, wholesale book on an 07LX 10k miles id 19500...NO WAY THEY ARE 9500 SOFT!...I'm tooting the BS horn.....totally out of character for P....

Edited by Deanh

I think he is stretching....17-18 is more like it...just low resale really....no-one really wants em...but great value second hand if thats your cup of tea...yup, wholesale book on an 07LX 10k miles id 19500...NO WAY THEY ARE 9500 SOFT!...I'm tooting the BS horn.....totally out of character for P....

Just checked the local Mega-Used Car Dealer. I had no idea they were this cheap second hand.

The following 2007 example has 19607 KMs (roughly 12,200 Miles) and an all leather interior.

It retails for only $16,992 CND.

Used Crown Victoria

Just checked the local Mega-Used Car Dealer. I had no idea they were this cheap second hand.

The following 2007 example has 19607 KMs (roughly 12,200 Miles) and an all leather interior.

It retails for only $16,992 CND.

Used Crown Victoria

little off his lower figure of 10k though...but STILL amazing value...if you don't mind the stigma associated they WILL run forever have adequate power, are CHEAP to maintain....if that floats your boat who gives a rats they are antiquated....for cheap trans it would be a car I would recommend/ image aside....