Undisguised Camaro Caught

BORG

It likely won't EVER be IMPORTED here. I see pretty high probability that we'll see a version of it BUILT here sometime around the 2012-2013 timeframe though.

I just want em to utilize the control blade suspension on RWD chassis....apparently its is only a 100lb penalty...mustang with a terrific IRS anyone?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want em to utilize the control blade suspension on RWD chassis....apparently its is only a 100lb penalty...mustang with a terrific IRS anyone?

Trevor Worthington, lead engineer on the FG Falcon was discussing possible export of this model Falcon.

The problem is his team are flat out on the T6 light truck project but said it is possible if the cse was justified and added

that even though they could make the Inline 6 work for export, he'd probably prefer to use another engine.

Consider the Falcon as a dress rehearsal of the engineering available to the group for a domestic RWD.

Some of the plans are quite interesting, discussions are centering around how much product they can actually

get under a monster platform envelope. Ford wants to go down the path of Flex manufacturing an what better way

to achieve that than to look at the basic building blocks used in deriving platforms and spcific cars. Work is centreing

around achieveing comonality in as many areas as possible.

242.jpg

Edited by jpd80

Trevor Worthington, lead engineer on the FG Falcon was discussing possible export of this model Falcon.

The problem is his team are flat out on the T6 light truck project but said it is possible if the cse was justified and added

that even though they could make the Inline 6 work for export, he'd probably prefer to use another engine.

Consider the Falcon as a dress rehearsal of the engineering available to the group for a domestic RWD.

Some of the plans are quite interesting, discussions are centering around how much product they can actually

get under a monster platform envelope. Ford wants to go down the path of Flex manufacturing an what better way

to achieve that than to look at the basic building blocks used in deriving platforms and spcific cars. Work is centreing

242.jpg

use the chassis, put in the necessary powerplant, pop on something styled along the lines of the Interceptor ( STILL don't think Aussie/ Euro styling translates well to American tastes ) and Viola, P71's V8 RWD flagship....a TRUE panther replacement.....

use the chassis, put in the necessary powerplant, pop on something styled along the lines of the Interceptor ( STILL don't think Aussie/ Euro styling translates well to American tastes ) and Viola, P71's V8 RWD flagship....a TRUE panther replacement.....

Even though we like the euro styling down here, I'm sure the car has been made so FNA can put any front on it they like,

have a look at the shell, the front could be any style you want:

Heavy_m_m.jpg

And this suspension is also capable of being AWD or FWD if needed:

FGFalconsuspensions.jpg

FGFrontsuspension.jpg

Edited by jpd80

Even though we like the euro styling down here, I'm sure the car has been made so FNA can put any front on it they like,

have a look at the shell, the front could be any style you want:

Heavy_m_m.jpg

And this suspension is also capable of being AWD or FWD if needed:

FGFalconsuspensions.jpg

FGFrontsuspension.jpg

just a matter of time i think...looks elegant AND strong....

242.jpg

i want one now!

He's talking about the Camaro. The concept appeared so long ago that the styling is already severely dated (not that it was particularly attractive in the first place). Sometimes people exaggerate things to make a point.

Oh, I see....I misunderstood what he said.

no, I'm refering to the Camaro. Its taking GM so long to launch the vehicle thats its about time for a remodel on it. Today they announced it will be a 2010 model launched in "Spring 09".

I see what you're saying.....sorry I misinterpreted what you typed.

Couldn't the same be said about Flex? (I do like Flex still though)

Well, the Flex showing may have been a bit early, but its not even close to the Camaro.

The Flex may be a bit of a tougher sell, as it's a unique idea, and needs time for people to get used to it.

The Camaro isn't such a stretch. Shoulda been out when the Transformer movie hit.

The Flex may be a bit of a tougher sell, as it's a unique idea, and needs time for people to get used to it.

The Camaro isn't such a stretch. Shoulda been out when the Transformer movie hit.

That makes sense. Since you mentioned Transformers, there's gonna be a second one coming out in summer of 2009.

That makes sense. Since you mentioned Transformers, there's gonna be a second one coming out in summer of 2009.

not another commercial.....

it was a good movie and and i did not regret seeing it but.....damn did the acting blow, basically it was just another poorly scripted action movie

not another commercial.....

it was a good movie and and i did not regret seeing it but.....damn did the acting blow, basically it was just another poorly scripted action movie

What do you mean 'not another commercial'? YOu mean for GM?

I thought it was good, but as you said, some of the lines were cheesy.

"Insert the cube into my chest!!"