2010 Ford Taurus SHO pic?

mustang84isu

I feel honored to having been one of the first people to see the leak this morning.

Overall, I like what I see. My main issue, for the moment, is the seeming lack of detail in the foglight area. Very Audi, although I can't say that ended up working too well on the current Taurus.

So, the real question is whether this car represents the first of the cars with a "global" design language that merges Red White & Bold with Kinetic.

Edited by wescoent

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I like everything but that Euro inspired grille. It's VERY generic and lifeless. I don't mind loosing the 3-bar thing, but this isn't inspiring either. The body design has some of the elements I like to see, very crisp lines and details with some nice sheet metal 'texturing' to give it additional presence. I like the headlights, don't like those Volvo-like foglights, very unresolved. The grille spoils a lot of it however, too round, too simple, not complimentary to the crisp metal working.

I cleaned up the cheesy cell phone photo: there seems to be a bit of the Verve in the lower grill, Interceptor in the roof, and Ford DNA in the grill. Maybe it's the color, but it reminds me of a previous generation Honda Accord I liked....not the new fugly ones.

Anybody else thinks it looks smoother than the MKS?

taurus201022.jpg

Looks better.

To me, the inner half of the light lens should increase in size by dropping down to meet the grille.

Looks a bit like a 1990s Falcon - Fairmont Ghia.

Always hard looking at a front 3/4 because it doesn't really portray the depth of field to see the rounded nose in proportion.

Edited by jpd80

The more I look at it, the more I like it, but so much depends on how well they resolved the hind-quarters which was always one of the Taururses weakest areas. This looks like a Ford, more so than the current Taurus and Fusion which look aberrant and temporary compared to Ford's historic design preference.

The more I look at it, the more I like it, but so much depends on how well they resolved the hind-quarters which was always one of the Taururses weakest areas. This looks like a Ford, more so than the current Taurus and Fusion which look aberrant and temporary compared to Ford's historic design preference.

I hope they ditched the incredibly stupid 'ricer' taillights. Looks terrible on the Taurus II, Taurus X, and Sable II.

Well, the grill isn't much different from what the Fiesta grill will look like

What sells the Fiesta, though, is the oversize lower intake and the unique headlights. Makes the Fiesta so much more distinctive than this thing and the Mondeo. I was hoping for, if not "Dave" at least that sort of "kinetic" styling. Instead we get this.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2x0y0z9-ford-fiesta/675466/

Good kinetic there. Not bad kinetic like this.

In many ways I'm glad to see Ford of NA toning things down a bit since I would not buy anything they are styling right now beyond Lincoln/Mercury. Ford design has never been less appealing to me than it is right now, so I'm staying over by Lincoln/Mercury. As a customer, my design preference are progressive but understated. Essentially, I like moderate design that doesn't wear out too quickly.

I cleaned up the cheesy cell phone photo: there seems to be a bit of the Verve in the lower grill, Interceptor in the roof, and Ford DNA in the grill. Maybe it's the color, but it reminds me of a previous generation Honda Accord I liked....not the new fugly ones.

taurus201022.jpg

Now we need to see it in some other colors, imo all cars look sort of bland in silver! How about red, blue, black, green?

I use to, it could happen again if the product is right! The Edge is right up there, but a Lincoln version is available :)

Ford tries to please people like you, they may as well give up making distinctive anything. I had thought, with "Dave" we were done with 'shotgun' design.

Sadly, we are not.

taurus201022.jpg

Proof it's at the very least a Ford? Look at the mirrors.

post-122-1207705965_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blueblood

I seen the full picture and saved it. The first thing I thought of was a Hyundai Sonata. If this is the next Taurus, it's going to flop too. Ford has raised it's quality and engineering but just does not get it when it comes to wrapping it in a fabulous looking package that makes people want to go out of their way to get it.

Looks like Ford didn't learn it's lesson. Going from a Passat looking Taurus to a has been Hyundai looking one isn't going to make anything better. When is Ford going to get back to making Fords that make its own statement.

Edited by Watchdevil

Ford tries to please people like you, they may as well give up making distinctive anything. I had thought, with "Dave" we were done with 'shotgun' design.

Sadly, we are not.

There's a fine line be distinctive and garish. And of course, that is a subjective issue. I'm not saying I don't' value Ford's attempt at distinctiveness, but I haven't been pleased by their efforts so far which have also been very inconsistent. The 2010 Taurus is at least far more flexible than the design in use now. The three bar grille is a completely confining design statement, it's nearly impossible to update and adapt over time. It's a lot like Mercury's light-bar.