2010 Ford Taurus SHO pic?

mustang84isu

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Richard. Mark this date. I've agreed with all of your comments on this thread!

+1 for me as well, especially on the Avalon front.....wild.

I do want take Richard's comment about the evils of it looking like an old man's car and amplify that by saying the only thing worse (market-wise) as far as "old man car looks" are concerned is the fact it looks like a FWD old mans car....

And where the hell are all the :cheerleader: 's in this thread??? Blasphemy!!!

Edited by Armada Master

There's a fine line be distinctive and garish. And of course, that is a subjective issue. I'm not saying I don't' value Ford's attempt at distinctiveness, but I haven't been pleased by their efforts so far which have also been very inconsistent. The 2010 Taurus is at least far more flexible than the design in use now. The three bar grille is a completely confining design statement, it's nearly impossible to update and adapt over time. It's a lot like Mercury's light-bar.

OF COURSE ITS BEEN INCONSISTENT!!!! THAT'S MY POINT. Ford scrapped "Dave" before they had a chance to move it across the entire lineup. All they did was slap chrome grilles on previously designed vehicles.

Where they did Dave through and through, (Flex, Edge) the results have been distinctive, recognizable, and very "Ford".

Jim Farley said the Flex was a vehicle that only Ford could do. Again, I ask you, can you say the same thing about this Taurus?

Judas PRIEST I wish you guys would get off the "Dave = 3 bar grille" kick. If it was just the 3 bar grille it would be a stale old gimmick. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT THE GRILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I make myself any clearer?

Edited by RichardJensen

I see what you mean Richard,

I think the Fivehundred would have been closer to this 10 Taurus than the 2008.

Seems in the wrong direction but, is there any way the 2009 Taurus can head in this direction/bridge the gap?

Without doing that - there's a huge styling gap most people won't understand.

The 2010 Taurus has more in common with other Fords like this one:

G6ETurbot_01_L_700.jpg

Edited by jpd80

OF COURSE ITS BEEN INCONSISTENT!!!! THAT'S MY POINT. Ford scrapped "Dave" before they had a chance to move it across the entire lineup. All they did was slap chrome grilles on previously designed vehicles.

Where they did Dave through and through, (Flex, Edge) the results have been distinctive, recognizable, and very "Ford".

Jim Farley said the Flex was a vehicle that only Ford could do. Again, I ask you, can you say the same thing about this Taurus?

Judas PRIEST I wish you guys would get off the "Dave = 3 bar grille" kick. If it was just the 3 bar grille it would be a stale old gimmick. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT THE GRILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I make myself any clearer?

I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon ... BUT

I agree with you, Richard. The Edge has a cohesive design LANGUAGE that is apparent throughout the entire car. The same goes for the Flex. The same cannot be said to the Taurus' effort because it was not designed for the three-bar grille. The 3-bar grille was slapped on that car and that is what made the car look bizarre and garish.

This new photo of what appears to be the 2010 Taurus based upon the response from Ford legal is somewhat homogenized and "same." I'm not sure why Ford is trying to Camry the Taurus. Camry is a Camry is a Camry. Ford can't sell a Camry. Ford needs to market something distinctive to give an alternative to the Camry's "me too" styling.

Ford brand + me too styling = same sales the current Taurus has.

Unfortuantely, the Ford brand still does not have enough equity in it to sell based upon attributes like quality. That is at least 5-10 years down the road.

or thank Steve for Drag & Drop, if you're on a more advanced computing platform ;)

That is a lame way to promote MacOSX. You think that you can't drag and drop on a Windows platform? You're mistaken. The difference is that there is no reason to. Drag and drop is pointless for saving an image.

Out of all the advantages MacOSX has, why would you point out that one? All that does is point out what Macs are missing: a right mouse button! Sure, control can function as a secondary option, but that's a waste of motion. By the time you clutter your desktop with drag and drop, I've already saved my file where I ACTUALLY want it with a Save Target As ...

I like a lot of things on MacOSX, but users who drag and drop have the messiest desktops I've ever seen in my life.

We should both be thanking Xerox for almost everything anyway, whether we are a Mac or PC user. Everything that Windows and MacOSX uses is pretty much a rip-off of what Xerox pioneered.

Edited by SVT_MAN

That is a lame way to promote MacOSX. You think that you can't drag and drop on a Windows platform? You're mistaken. The difference is that there is no reason to. Drag and drop is pointless for saving an image.

Out of all the advantages MacOSX has, why would you point out that one? All that does is point out what Macs are missing: a right mouse button! Sure, control can function as a secondary option, but that's a waste of motion. By the time you clutter your desktop with drag and drop, I've already saved my file where I ACTUALLY want it with a Save Target As ...

I like a lot of things on MacOSX, but users who drag and drop have the messiest desktops I've ever seen in my life.

We should both be thanking Xerox for almost everything anyway, whether we are a Mac or PC user. Everything that Windows and MacOSX uses is pretty much a rip-off of what Xerox pioneered.

My apologizes, I didn't mean to threadjack. I was just thinking of how quickly I saved the image (by the way, with spring-loaded folders on the mac, Mac users who drag-n-drop don't have messy desktops).

Oh and by the way, drag-n-drop was exclusively the development of the Mac group. In fact, very few things hadn't already been developed by Apple before they visited PARC.

God, I'm no good at this no-threadjacking thing. So I'll say something on topic.

It's a beautiful vehicle. Yeah it won't stand out like the Dave look, but I think distinctiveness is nothing if it's not beautiful. Only thing I don't like is the chrome oval around the grille.

Some days I really dig this place...there are some good people here.

As far as the car.......uhhh...hmmn.

I am a fan of the Mondeo, I really like the way it looks. Somehow this looks a little too watered down, and while I do agree it is a step up from the current Taurus, it is a bit bland. BUT, I'd have to see it in person.

IMO there is some Toyota/Lexus influence here, which I don't like. But since Toyotas sell like hotcakes, maybe Ford is onto something here.

One thing though, this is a radical enough departure that it makes me worry for the first Edge face-lift. I really dig the Edge, and it's styling is miles away in language from this car.

I dunno why, but is there a little Jaguar in there, too, or have I been hitting the tequila a little much?

Can someone PM me a copy. I didn't get a chance to see and don't want to register on another board.

(off topic)

All new Macs come with a mouse that can be setup to have right click. You just have to set it in the Preferences.

All new Macs come with a mouse that can be setup to have right click. You just have to set it in the Preferences.

Yep the new touchpads on the Macbook Pro's you just touch the touchpad with two fingers at once to bring up dialog box like in windows right clicking.

Not to mention using two fingers up and down on the same touchpad is like using a scrolling mouse....I love that feature

Been giving this some thought....

Given the time line of the new Taurus (sounds like it was done back in 2006), perhaps Ford was planning on killing off the Dave look prior to this? Other products like the Flex and Edge where already locked into it, and outside of Interceptor, there hasn't been anything else using the tri-bar grill on the car?

The 2010 looks good, with a more creased and contemporary appearance. The current Taurus' worst angle is the rear, so the photo doesn't reveal much about changes there. But if the back end is chiselled like the current 300, this could be a fine looking car.

Funny, I have a right mouse button, and I can right click and save.....

Edited by suv_guy_19

NickF1011's girlfriend said it all: "It looks kind of like the Camry."

Which I personally don't think it such a bad thing. I can think of worse associations that Ford marketing would want to deal with. At least it doesn't look like it ran head-long into a chrome fence.

Can someone PM me a copy. I didn't get a chance to see and don't want to register on another board.

(off topic)

All I am saying is that drag-and-drop is about as proprietary now as a right-clicker on a mouse is. Both operating systems use it, so I'm not sure why one would tout it as a "feature." It doesn't matter who had it first once you both have it. It would be kind of like bragging your car has power steering today. That's great - but so does every other car out there. Right-clicking and drag-and-drop - neither of them are really stand-out features anymore.

By the way: Noah, do you honestly expect me to believe a web site that is called "Mac Kido" and looks like it was designed by someone in the 1980s? I'm sure they are completely fair and balanced, without a hint of bias ...

Edited by SVT_MAN

All I am saying is that drag-and-drop is about as proprietary now as a right-clicker on a mouse is. Both operating systems use it, so I'm not sure why one would tout it as a "feature." It doesn't matter who had it first once you both have it. It would be kind of like bragging your car has power steering today. That's great - but so does every other car out there. Right-clicking and drag-and-drop - neither of them are really stand-out features anymore.

Only Microsoft still offers this feature though:

BSOD.gif