Chrysler down 23%

TStag

See GM loses out again, Chrysler get a bigger number:

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articl...62_FORTUNE5.htm

Chrylser seem in one hell of a mess. I wonder how long Cerebus will put up with it?

IT LOOKS LIKE THAT right now, but it will the best "little run" automobile maker in NA, just as Mr. Press has claimed. It has been able to

turn around its operation faster than GM!!!, and Ford!!!!, and they both began their turnaround much sooner than chrysler did.

By 2010, Chrysler will be netting a billion dollar in cash flows (about 2 billion net income). Look at Canada, Chrysler is number two, and

ford is number 3. Can you believe that!!!

See GM loses out again, Chrysler get a bigger number:

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articl...62_FORTUNE5.htm

Chrylser seem in one hell of a mess. I wonder how long Cerebus will put up with it?

Sorry for the off-topic, but the company name is Cerberus, after the 3-headed guard of Hades. Cerebus is an aardvark. ;) (and he doesn't put up with much)

Edited by syrtran

Oh no. Chrysler will pull something out of their sleeve. That is the way they operate. They always look like they are at deaths door and then they come up with something or inventing new markets and become the "it" car company for a short while.

Oh no. Chrysler will pull something out of their sleeve. That is the way they operate. They always look like they are at deaths door and then they come up with something or inventing new markets and become the "it" car company for a short while.

Sounds like Magnum/Charger/300.

By 2010, Chrysler will be netting a billion dollar in cash flows (about 2 billion net income).

That's your wildest prediction yet but I see why,

Press is taking the knife to the dead wood before the market does:

Chrysler's sales slumped to 147,751 from 193,104 amid a 25% slump in truck and SUV sales

and a "dramatic cut" in daily rental-fleet sales. The Chrysler brand led the way with a 40% decline.

Inventories fell 13%, standing at a 74-day supply.

Sounds like Magnum/Charger/300.

Those cars are sure starting to fall off the cliff in sales though. Only the Charger is still maintaining. The Magnum is down to 433 this month (did they already discontinue production?) and the 300 is at a 22% decline for the year.

Remember according to some people (I won't mention names) big V8 RWD cars would be the only way Ford could be saved? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Isn't it amazing what $3.50+ fuel will do to those HEMI sales? "Dude I HOPE that thing ain't got a HEMI" will soon be the new ad.

Last, Chrysler really got caught with their pants around their ankles with these fuel prices and not even one true small car offering in their line up. They do have the Caliber, but even their very best configuration is 24/29 while Focus offers 24/35. They need a small car and not just a little CUV.

The only bright spot I can see for them right now is the Journey. That is probably the best thing they have going for them right now. The minivans are getting killed on sales since the redesign and high fuel prices and it looks like Enterprise, Hertz, Avis and Thrifty have been filled up on Sebrings and Avengers since sales are already falling off on cars that are not very far into their model run.

I don't see how anyone can say that Chrysler is better off then Ford as far as product is concerned. I don't think there is a full line automaker that is WORSE off then Chrysler right now.

Sorry salsakingcpa I don't see how you think that Chrysler is ahead of Ford in their turn around right now. I would not put one bit of confidence in a company that is stupid enough not to even offer a small car with the current fuel price. I mean. Really. :headscratch:

If you thought Ford had some sales issues...look at this...

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....4755&EDATE=

Edited by 2005Explorer

Those cars are sure starting to fall off the cliff in sales though. Only the Charger is still maintaining. The Magnum is down to 433 this month (did they already discontinue production?) and the 300 is at a 22% decline for the year.

Remember according to some people (I won't mention names) big V8 RWD cars would be the only way Ford could be saved? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Isn't it amazing what $3.50+ fuel will do to those HEMI sales? "Dude I HOPE that thing ain't got a HEMI" will soon be the new ad.

Last, Chrysler really got caught with their pants around their ankles with these fuel prices and not even one true small car offering in their line up. They do have the Caliber, but even their very best configuration is 24/29 while Focus offers 24/35. They need a small car and not just a little CUV.

The only bright spot I can see for them right now is the Journey. That is probably the best thing they have going for them right now. The minivans are getting killed on sales since the redesign and high fuel prices and it looks like Enterprise, Hertz, Avis and Thrifty have been filled up on Sebrings and Avengers since sales are already falling off on cars that are not very far into their model run.

I don't see how anyone can say that Chrysler is better off then Ford as far as product is concerned. I don't think there is a full line automaker that is WORSE off then Chrysler right now.

Sorry salsakingcpa I don't see how you think that Chrysler is ahead of Ford in their turn around right now. I would not put one bit of confidence in a company that is stupid enough not to even offer a small car with the current fuel price. I mean. Really. :headscratch:

If you thought Ford had some sales issues...look at this...

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....4755&EDATE=

Sorry, I didn't explain it well. 96Pony was talking about how Chrysler will come out with something and it'll be the "it" car for a while.....I was referring to the 300/Charger/Magnum triplets as an example of an "it" car, but only for a short while, because, as you've stated, they're falling off a cliff sales-wise.

Sorry but I just don't see how Cerberus is going to fix Chrysler without effectively buying off the shelf designs from people like the Chinese. They really don't have the international divisions that GM and Ford have to help them out when the going gets tough.

To survive they really need to find another car maker to hook up with and go for volume or try and fight in the premium end of the market. I'm not American so I don't see their cars everyday. But from what I read on here and elsewhere I get the impression that their latest designs are awfull and the quality of interiors is pityfull. They need to remedy these things quickly.

Don't knock the Hemi 'til you've tried it. I just drove over 800 miles this weekend, from Philadelphia to Charlotte and back. The average MPG for the entire trip, including some local excursions away from the highway, was 24.3. That's remarkable, I say, for a car that has so much power in reserve and is so damn much fun to drive as the 300C. For highway cruising, this beast is a blessing, with cylinder deactivation that WORKS to make this remarkable car downright efficient.

I don't like $3.50 a gallon fuel any more than anyone else, but I'd still rather drive this car than anything else.

Wait for it.....wait for it...................

Remember according to some people (I won't mention names) big V8 RWD cars would be the only way Ford could be saved? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Finally! It usually only takes a few posts to get that statement in just about every thread about Chrysler.

To survive they really need to find another car maker to hook up with and go for volume or try and fight in the premium end of the market. I'm not American so I don't see their cars everyday. But from what I read on here and elsewhere I get the impression that their latest designs are awfull and the quality of interiors is pityfull. They need to remedy these things quickly.

Uh, we're you not around for the Chrysler / Nissan announcement?

Time will tell if Chrysler will be around in the years to come in their current guise. Nissan buying them sounds better every day. It's quite evident though, that they must pare their offerings and start getting into the small car market. If they hadn't shut the door on Mitsubishi, they could've made a deal. I think they have some pretty good 4 cyl. engines. Maybe better than the rest of what's "built" here. All the need (easy to say) is some proper models to put them in. They should keep the big small truck) and revive whatever in-house small cars that weren't developed in the recent past. Risking ridicule, like many people I think Plymouth should be around. Look at it's hsitory from day 1. It was the entry-level heart of the company. Dodge was always a different mind set, even with shared components. Our country should not be losing any more manufacturing. It's important shit that Chrysler keeps going.

Edited by 156n3rd