Ford Taurus SHO meeting

Ford-150

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much doubt we'll see a V8 of any kind in the Taurus ever again, as I also doubt the Taurus will ever find its name being used on a RWD vehicle. This is probably more focused on the 3.5 Ecoboost which has been more or less confirmed to be going into the Taurus around 2011.

A 5.0L V8 I dont think will be necessary if the EB can do the same thing with less weight. Keep it simple...

Something about a turbocharged 6 cylinder may also just seem more "high tech" and appropriate for something like a Taurus too. I mean looking back at the old SHO's with the high tech 6's and even the tiny little 3.4 V8, they seemed to be trying to appeal more to the European sport sedan type than to those wanting a brawny American performance car.

Something about a turbocharged 6 cylinder may also just seem more "high tech" and appropriate for something like a Taurus too. I mean looking back at the old SHO's with the high tech 6's and even the tiny little 3.4 V8, they seemed to be trying to appeal more to the European sport sedan type than to those wanting a brawny American performance car.

If this car does roll out, let's hope Ford gets the cam sprockets right.

I'd have to agree and judging from what we know in terms of engine development, I see this being the case. It would be nice to have a few performance sedans from Ford (once again).

Screw a Tauri SVT, just do it right and hit the CTS-V between the eyes with a MKS SVT project that takes the fight to the M5 and the AMG C class, and take the profits and prestige and media rags adoration.

The potential and capability is there, the leadership isn't. If they want a four door hero, just bring the Mondeo in fresh skin and tell people. As for a huge V8, there is no place for it at $124 a brrl., so give them what they need, not what they think they want.

Just an opinion, but its one I back up with my $heckles.

Anything is a possibility, never would have expected that the first gen Taurus would have spawned a SHO but look at it now.

everyone seems to have broomed the complete RESTYLE under the mat I see......Mullaly shed a tear remember, 3.5 ecoboost may make him ball like a teething baby....

The fact that they had the meeting at all qualifies as very good news. If Ford had no interest in building a new SHO they wouldn't bother. As for power, the EcoBoost V6 is the most likely choice. I think there is a market for a roomy, quick and economical family sedan. As gas prices continue to rise, the G8 and Charger will be hard for more people to justify.

Of course Ford could've also said, "These guys are too cheap to buy a new car. All they buy are government surplus beaters."

Oh, wait, that was the panther appreciation club....

Don't they have their meetings at Denny's /Perkins /Bob Evans at 4:00 p.m. for the Early Bird special?

And at Denny's/Perkins/Bob Evans at 4:00AM for people who drive 'em while the government still owns them.

I wonder where the most likely place is to find a panther. Surely there must be some place where you are more likely to find one.

But anyway, to the Taurus SHO: It's probably not a high priority at Ford, but I'm sure at least something of a business case can be made for it.

However, you can be sure that no matter how much better it will be than the original Taurus SHO (which suffered from a balky shifter and a much less than luxurious cabin) it will be booed by the kind of people who believe that trashing the achievements of others is a sign of superior ability.

Screw a Tauri SVT, just do it right and hit the CTS-V between the eyes with a MKS SVT project that takes the fight to the M5 and the AMG C class, and take the profits and prestige and media rags adoration.

The potential and capability is there, the leadership isn't. If they want a four door hero, just bring the Mondeo in fresh skin and tell people. As for a huge V8, there is no place for it at $124 a brrl., so give them what they need, not what they think they want.

Just an opinion, but its one I back up with my $heckles.

Would you like twins? MKR and SHO, GRWD, Boosted?

None of the three SHO models were SVT's.

Wait until you guys see what we have coming out tomorrow..... :stirpot:

Would you like twins? MKR and SHO, GRWD, Boosted?

AWD option, yup. That is the niche I want filled now, I have moved past my pony days. I need day to day, I want the option of putting 3 grownups in the car, and I live to drive. My Cayman is to far gone for day to day way up here(I just love to get into it though, and I usually look back at it at least once walking away!)

and I guess I have to grow up. But I don't need an AMG badge to make me bigger... :hysterical: