Ford Taurus SHO meeting

Ford-150

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cam's were only bad in the V8. The V6 was a lot better engine. A little slower off the line, but faster overall than the V8.

I know...and that's because the V6 was 99% PURE Yamaha baby! (only shared part was the block)

I agree.....I like the Taurus X's front clip on the sedan...it looks good.

The one version of the goofy three bar that doesn't look goofy.

I know...and that's because the V6 was 99% PURE Yamaha baby! (only shared part was the block)

The one version of the goofy three bar that doesn't look goofy.

The SHO V-6 and V-8 were 100% Yamamama! Look under the hood of an S80 if they will let you. The next SHO will be 100% Dearborn.

The next Police Interceptor will be GRWD. It will make the P71 as obsolete as the Flintstone Flyer.

What will be Fords global car the Taurus or Mondeo, will FOE love of beehive front grilles on one of the Taurus pictures mean the Mondeo is dead? What no chrome grille times are austere.

I wouldn't put much weight into any of these chops, as that's all they are. The leaked Taurus photo already hints that NA will be going with a more Kinetic look with future designs. And I don't really think there's going to be any tug-of-war between the Mondeo and Taurus. After all, Mondeo will be mated on the same platform as the FUSION around 2012, not the Taurus. A vehicle the Taurus's size is really only fit for limited markets, Europe definitely not being one of them.

I wouldn't put much weight into any of these chops, as that's all they are. The leaked Taurus photo already hints that NA will be going with a more Kinetic look with future designs. And I don't really think there's going to be any tug-of-war between the Mondeo and Taurus. After all, Mondeo will be mated on the same platform as the FUSION around 2012, not the Taurus. A vehicle the Taurus's size is really only fit for limited markets, Europe definitely not being one of them.

My neighbour who rents cars just got a new silver Mondeo it looked idendical to the new Taurus Nick the photo you mentioned, the grille was the only thing that looked different, l never got a chance to ask him if l could have a drive in it he swapped it for a Alfa after a few weeks l don't know why but l will ask him.

ford_mondeo_new_sm.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Taurus SHO... interesting little revival we might get.

A Taurus is simply too large to be TRULY sporty. In essence, this is what I want the new SHO to be:

11005-2003-Mercedes-Benz-S55-AMG.jpg

Large and comfortable to sit in, but with plenty of pep on the highway, and capable of remaining pinned under hard cornering.

Nothing on that car screams Super High Output.

Well, it's not for the Firebird mullet crowd, who need something that "screams Super High Output". The AMG models have really wide tires and that AMG crest on the back and 600hp under the hood. If Jello shooters are your thing, the Firebird is for you; if you're into Calvados or Armagnac, chances are the AMG is your kind of sled. The AMG does "scream Super High Output" — but only at over 150mph. :)

Edited by Edstock