I WISH FOR A BUYOUT

evee

:bowdown: I am willing to give up my job for anyone who wants it! GIVE ME THE BUYOUT!!!... GEM pool people or any of the people who are looking to transfer can take my job! Someone can take my place. The sooner the better. I do not plan to slave over cars the rest of my life and end up with chronic back pain, carpal tunnel, stressand arthritis. Eventually, I hope '07 this option will be for anyone!! Bill Ford I hope your reading this. Im trying to save you a Bundle. ;)

:bowdown: I am willing to give up my job for anyone who wants it! GIVE ME THE BUYOUT!!!... GEM pool people or any of the people who are looking to transfer can take my job! Someone can take my place. The sooner the better. I do not plan to slave over cars the rest of my life and end up with chronic back pain, carpal tunnel, stressand arthritis. Eventually, I hope '07 this option will be for anyone!! Bill Ford I hope your reading this. Im trying to save you a Bundle. ;)

Its funny how many of us feel this way!! I'm at an ACH plant that is up forsale and will be sold!!!! I'll take one also!! But the local's are blocking them!!!! I've yet to get a real smart answer to why there blocking the buyouts. My guess is there worried about head count!!

then just quit if you want out.

no one is holding a gun to your head.

Why should I quit when Ford is willing to pay me to quit, but the union I pay into doesn't want to let us have the buyout!!! The union is screwing everyone!!!! Tell me why VTEP is even in the contract? Its a program that the union as put into the contract but again its there choice to allow it, WHY??? I went to my local 9mths ago and said that I would like to quit and use VTEP but my VP of my local said to hang in, because big buyouts are coming.

I just wish that for once....Ford Corporate would come clean....understand that there are tens of thousands of good hard working Americans that need straight answers now, more than ever.

We all have responsibilities, families...I am a single father raising a daughter.

What are the last 2 plants to be closed?

Will there be buyouts ?

When ?

How much ?

What are the details ?

We have all contributed to Ford and we desearve to be leveled with so that we can more clearly plan, prepare, make very important life changing decisions.

Mr. Ford.

We need full disclosure...NOW !

You at least owe us that much !

WGL

3rd shift - Paint Sealer/Phosphate

NAP

P.S.

20 people in my group, 3 different start times, 2 different floors.

I run the shop, not the supervisor, and I work my ass off !

Not all WGL's are lazy slugs !

Why quit when you can holdout and be PAID to leave. Man I wish the rest of the private sector worked like that. I'd be looking for a new job too. :shrug:

Guess what...the private sector is REAL LIFE! We have to actually WORK and not expect corrupt unions to cover our behinds when we mess up. If we don't produce we get canned. If we get fired...no pension. If the company goes bust...tough, we have to find another job and start over. And it cracks me up that you union guys are now complaining about them. Welcome to our world!

but the union I pay into doesn't want to let us have the buyout!!! The union is screwing everyone!!!!

Oh my god!!!! A Union trying to keep its members employed. Oh the horror.

You sound like some serious welfare abuser. You want the money to do nothing and bitch and moan when you might actually have to do something to get it.

Oh my god!!!! A Union trying to keep its members employed. Oh the horror.

You sound like some serious welfare abuser. You want the money to do nothing and bitch and moan when you might actually have to do something to get it.

Sorry to tell you not on welfare!! In my 12yrs I've NEVER had an awol or stole or complained "thats not my job". I'm one of the workers who really dislikes the union because they support the lazy drunk need to be fired worker, and the union dislikes me because I don't complain!!! What should I have to do to get the buyout, pay off my union?? Why should I? All the people that paid off the reps for there jobs 5yrs ago $5000 plus are all going to get screwed now!! The only winner is the reps!!

Sorry to tell you not on welfare!! In my 12yrs I've NEVER had an awol or stole or complained "thats not my job". I'm one of the workers who really dislikes the union because they support the lazy drunk need to be fired worker, and the union dislikes me because I don't complain!!! What should I have to do to get the buyout, pay off my union?? Why should I? All the people that paid off the reps for there jobs 5yrs ago $5000 plus are all going to get screwed now!! The only winner is the reps!!

Too bad more union members haven't come to this realization! Yes, the only winner is the UNION!

I just wish that for once....Ford Corporate would come clean....understand that there are tens of thousands of good hard working Americans that need straight answers now, more than ever.

We all have responsibilities, families...I am a single father raising a daughter.

What are the last 2 plants to be closed?

Will there be buyouts ?

When ?

How much ?

What are the details ?

We have all contributed to Ford and we desearve to be leveled with so that we can more clearly plan, prepare, make very important life changing decisions.

Mr. Ford.

We need full disclosure...NOW !

You at least owe us that much !

WGL

3rd shift - Paint Sealer/Phosphate

NAP

P.S.

20 people in my group, 3 different start times, 2 different floors.

I run the shop, not the supervisor, and I work my ass off !

Not all WGL's are lazy slugs !

I agree. The company needs to give us more details so we can more effectively plan our futures. The buyouts need to be offered to All Union UAW and CAW employees.

I agree. The company needs to give us more details so we can more effectively plan our futures. The buyouts need to be offered to All Union UAW and CAW employees.

The company wants to give the buyouts to everyone that wants one, its our union that is stoping it!!!!!!

Guess what...the private sector is REAL LIFE! We have to actually WORK and not expect corrupt unions to cover our behinds when we mess up. If we don't produce we get canned. If we get fired...no pension. If the company goes bust...tough, we have to find another job and start over. And it cracks me up that you union guys are now complaining about them. Welcome to our world!

It always amazes me that so many folks think autoworkers just sit around all day and don't work. Most of those who think that wouldn't last a week on the assembly line. Do you work 54 min out of every hour? Do you have to ask someone to cover your job so you can go to the restroom? I've worked service jobs , I've worked construction jobs and I've never worked anywhere that you have to work as steady or as hard as most folks do in the auto industry. As for your world... no thanks I've been there and I did what it took to get a better job rather than being jealous of those who had it better than I did.

• 1 month later...
It always amazes me that so many folks think autoworkers just sit around all day and don't work. Most of those who think that wouldn't last a week on the assembly line. Do you work 54 min out of every hour? Do you have to ask someone to cover your job so you can go to the restroom? I've worked service jobs , I've worked construction jobs and I've never worked anywhere that you have to work as steady or as hard as most folks do in the auto industry. As for your world... no thanks I've been there and I did what it took to get a better job rather than being jealous of those who had it better than I did.

Amen brother , I moonlight as an Auto mechanic and I will tell you , being an Auto mechanic is 10 times easier then working on the line ... so why do I work at the plant you ask ? Benifits , Pention , Great pay , other than that nothing ...

But people in the plant are tired ... tired of getting hurt , tired of the lack of security , tired of being lied to , tired of favoritisim , and tired of supporting all the lazy people on the line.

When I started this job Ford more or less told me to burn that bridge behind me. They called me one afternoon and told me that I "start tomorrow". No telling my old boss goodbye , no 2 weeks to train someone else to take my position , just "you start tomorrow".

So after a month of working on the line I was ready to quit , but guees what? No job to go back to , The Employer that gave me the opportunity to get my licence , that kept me employed for 8 years , the paid me well , and treated me good , was now sour.

Why you ask? because he was left high and dry for 3 weeks . just imagine someone makes you $50 an hour after you are done paying their wages , and keeps the shop full of customers for 8 years is suddenly gone?

Then after he gets his high paying job leaves you with no notice , just sorry ... its just the way it is.

UMMMM...Actually noone realy cares how hard you work!!! Americans in general can't stand the UAW and don't support them because of the attitudes they portray to the public. Americans have no job security, are increasingly overworked, benefits being reduced, benefits increasing in costs and much more. Why do they endure? Because it is the cost of keeping a job and working for a company that remains competitive in todays global economy.

What do people see and hear from the UAW. They see people saying "NO". No to wage cuts, no to paying for benefits, No to holding underperforming union workers accountable for being dead weight.

The fact is no matter how hard you work, your profession is your choice. Americans as a whole do not have a fraction of the UAW luxuries and when they see UAW members act like victims all the time it is appalling. Take your check and join the non-unionized world. Let me be the first to say welcome to no overtime, ridiculous healthcare costs,lack of job security and ever increasing responsibilities.

UMMMM...Actually noone realy cares how hard you work!!! Americans in general can't stand the UAW and don't support them because of the attitudes they portray to the public. Americans have no job security, are increasingly overworked, benefits being reduced, benefits increasing in costs and much more. Why do they endure? Because it is the cost of keeping a job and working for a company that remains competitive in todays global economy.

What do people see and hear from the UAW. They see people saying "NO". No to wage cuts, no to paying for benefits, No to holding underperforming union workers accountable for being dead weight.

The fact is no matter how hard you work, your profession is your choice. Americans as a whole do not have a fraction of the UAW luxuries and when they see UAW members act like victims all the time it is appalling. Take your check and join the non-unionized world. Let me be the first to say welcome to no overtime, ridiculous healthcare costs,lack of job security and ever increasing responsibilities.

Well why does everybody hate us as you have just said "your profession is your choice".So your saying its peoples choice they dont have job security,costly benefits,are overworked because they chose there profession.What Bull!!.Im sick of hearing all this anti-autoworker bull. Alot of people dont get these benefits and pay because there scared to stand up for what the believe in.Im not scared.

Unless you've worked on the line you dont have a clue and nobody should judge us until they do.

• 3 months later...
Its funny how many of us feel this way!! I'm at an ACH plant that is up forsale and will be sold!!!! I'll take one also!! But the local's are blocking them!!!! I've yet to get a real smart answer to why there blocking the buyouts. My guess is there worried about head count!!

It seems taht the locals are blocking them the company offered250 butouts 414 signed up the RUMOR is that the local is blocking the extra people for the buyout beacuse there ARE concerned with their head count. If that is true then the Union is shoothing itself in the foot. There are many people that work at plants that are closing i.e. Norfolk, Wixom, and all of the AHG plants. These are memberas that would gladly take theese jobs and support the union with more vigor than the ones thar not satisfied and want to leave.

• 2 weeks later...
Not saying ford has done a bad job running its business, but the UAW is a big part of why they are in the spot they are now.

Yeah, you're right. The Union is responsible for Ford's inept management. The Union is responsible for half-assed redesigns, for an emphasis on trucks and SUV's that neglected cars, the Union is responsible for Ford spending obscene amounts of money rewarding JAC-ass executives, propping up failed sports enterprises, and throwing good money after bad at useless car show concepts that don't have a snowball's chance of ever seeing production. The Union is responsible for Ford's powertrains being forever also-rans, The Union is responsible for everything...Goddamn lazy union autoworkers screwed it all up, yeah!

Get a clue.

• 3 months later...

Let see if I got this right, Ford offers you a job that you can "start tomorrow" and you agreed to that? Now you want to lament what Ford "made you do". There were plenty of options including keeping your (then) current employer advised that you were seeking employment elsewhere for better benefits (might have inspired them to sweeten the pot for such a valuable employee). You could have also told the Ford HR person that told you to "start tomorrow" that you needed to give your current employer a "2 week notice", instead, you opted to give them a "2 minute warning". When I ran an automotive repair facility, I asked potential new hires when they could start....those that said "right now" were not looked upon highly, since if they were abandoning their current employer and I felt, if they would do it to them, they may pull the same on me. I always offered them the job with the understanding that they could give their current employer a proper 2 week notice...those that claimed that it wasn't needed were skipped over for that reason.

Bottom line is simple...We need to take responsibility for our actions, not blame others when it looks bleak.

Amen brother , I moonlight as an Auto mechanic and I will tell you , being an Auto mechanic is 10 times easier then working on the line ... so why do I work at the plant you ask ? Benifits , Pention , Great pay , other than that nothing ...

But people in the plant are tired ... tired of getting hurt , tired of the lack of security , tired of being lied to , tired of favoritisim , and tired of supporting all the lazy people on the line.

When I started this job Ford more or less told me to burn that bridge behind me. They called me one afternoon and told me that I "start tomorrow". No telling my old boss goodbye , no 2 weeks to train someone else to take my position , just "you start tomorrow".

So after a month of working on the line I was ready to quit , but guees what? No job to go back to , The Employer that gave me the opportunity to get my licence , that kept me employed for 8 years , the paid me well , and treated me good , was now sour.

Why you ask? because he was left high and dry for 3 weeks . just imagine someone makes you $50 an hour after you are done paying their wages , and keeps the shop full of customers for 8 years is suddenly gone?

Then after he gets his high paying job leaves you with no notice , just sorry ... its just the way it is.

• 3 months later...
Let see if I got this right, Ford offers you a job that you can "start tomorrow" and you agreed to that? Now you want to lament what Ford "made you do". There were plenty of options including keeping your (then) current employer advised that you were seeking employment elsewhere for better benefits (might have inspired them to sweeten the pot for such a valuable employee). You could have also told the Ford HR person that told you to "start tomorrow" that you needed to give your current employer a "2 week notice", instead, you opted to give them a "2 minute warning". When I ran an automotive repair facility, I asked potential new hires when they could start....those that said "right now" were not looked upon highly, since if they were abandoning their current employer and I felt, if they would do it to them, they may pull the same on me. I always offered them the job with the understanding that they could give their current employer a proper 2 week notice...those that claimed that it wasn't needed were skipped over for that reason.

Bottom line is simple...We need to take responsibility for our actions, not blame others when it looks bleak.

Interesting discussion, but in reality, much of what is going on in Detroit is due to the domestic automobile companies being caught with the wrong products at the wrong time.

If oil stayed at $42/barrel, and gas at $1.52/gallon, Detroit would be taking the money to the bank in wheel barrels! In reality going to Iraq and fighting a war for immoral reasons is the real cause of the mess we are in. No one could of predicted that gas would shoot up to $3 to #.55 per gallon.

Look at Toyota, they have a plant that can build 300,000/yr of their new full size trucks. Well, they know they will be lucky to build and sell 90,000/yr given the market we are in. Toyota does most things right, they never would of brought out this new full size truck if they knew what market they would be selling it in. Well Toypta can withstand a $1.5 billion mistake!

The other mistake is getting rid of so many employees. We use to be loyal, but not anymore! And not all the vehicles we had our hands in selling to family members, friends and strangers. Probably 5 assembly plants worth of lost purchases between Ford and DCX.

Detroit made a strategic mistake, that was going for the low cost components. Its bull shit to say quality is free, its not and Detroit keyed on variable cost approach to profit improvement instead of keying on selling more vehicles buyers wanted to buy. The variable profit contribution of an extra 100,000 taurus's at @2500/unit = $250 million . The cost reduction impact of 200,000 units times $300/unit is only $60 million to the bottom line. Which alternative do you think ford would want today??

Legecy costs are nonsense. Japan also had the legecy costs in Japan. They did not eliminate helthcare for retirees or screw up their pensions. Jjapan did not lower wages or benefits, they expanded in the US and around the world to fund the commitments made to their employees and retirees in Japan. Not Detroit! There is no loyalty and a promise is not a promise its a maybe if they feel like it.

Prettey soon there will not be a middle class in the US. Not enough people making things. I could not afford to send my kids to college today. Im lucky they finished 8 years ago.

Detroit builds pretty good product today. It just takes alot of time to change the inertia the preceived ideas that detroit can't compete.

Well there is a human cost for all these imports. Low wage jobs or no jobs. Do you think the Administration cares? We been going down hill since Clinton and maybe since Reagen.

Your thoughs are welcome.

You DO NOT get 2 weeks ... today or never ... thats the way it is ...