Mustangs on Patrol!!!!

danglin

I'll keep my eye out, although I usually spot a new GT from a mile away. :P

You are one of the few that actually pay attention to what is around you, In todays age with all the gadgets, people dont seem to pay much attention to what is around them. I never really have had much problem getting people in a full marked squad car!!! :shades:

You are one of the few that actually pay attention to what is around you, In todays age with all the gadgets, people dont seem to pay much attention to what is around them. I never really have had much problem getting people in a full marked squad car!!! :shades:

so are you a state trooper?

if so have you had much time in a charger?

so are you a state trooper?

if so have you had much time in a charger?

Yes, Since 1996.

Never have been in a Charger. Department will not even look at the Charger due to it not being BOF. Department does not feel that the Charger is safe, at least for use as the everyday patrol vehicle.

In the near future, they may have to change this mindset, since it appears that the PI will not be produced after 2011.

Have seen very few chargers being purchased by any Indiana agencies. I live near Terre Haute, they have a Charger (Awarded to them in some contest), and they just announced recently that they are purchasing PI's to add to the fleet.

Edited by danglin

Hmm..Terre Haute huh? So do you patrol the Highway 41 stretch between Evansville and Terre Haute? Just curious, back when my wife was going to college up there, I was pulled over twice along that stretch. I keep my speed down now that I'm older and wiser :)

[/quote

Patrol does not happen much for me, since I am a corporal. I perform administrative functions, and I am a Shift Commander.

When I was regularly patroling, I worked North of Terre Haute on SR 63, in Vermillion County, home of VX. Nice 4-Lane easy pickins!!!! :stirpot:

Gotcha Danglin, easy pickins indeed. I will enjoy seeing those Mustang GT's back on the highway patroling. If nothing else, maybe they can cut down the speed of those crotch rockets that like to jump up to 120+ on the Interstate.

off-topic:

but i heard from a friend(a couple at that) that police cruisers and interceptors have to disengage pursuit of a motorized bike after it reaches an unsafe speed to maintain pursuit.

is this true or not?

off-topic:

but i heard from a friend(a couple at that) that police cruisers and interceptors have to disengage pursuit of a motorized bike after it reaches an unsafe speed to maintain pursuit.

is this true or not?

Each department has their own pursuit Policies. Some do not pursue period. My department allows them, but makes it very clear that any time the need for capture is outweighed by the need for public safety, the officer or shift commander can terminate a pursuit.

:shades:

Totally unrelated, but love your avatar...been a fan since the early 80's. Still am. :)

Thanks!

Did you know that a new album (Murder by Pride) and tour is coming later this year?

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: