Lincoln MKS Movie

range

Very good ad. It recognizes that Lincoln needs to be marketed differenly Ford since it is a different custom.

The problem is that you can't use this ad in television. At 180 seconds it is 6 times longer than a 15 second ad. Seeing 6 short ads are more effective than one long ad. So how will they use it? I am thinking that it might be used as a movie trailor where you can't fast forward through it, or change the channel. Or on the internet where only people who will see it are people who already like the car. Also can be put on a CD and given to people before a test drive.

The best way to make this add useful is to play it on TV as is only as much that people understand what the ad is about. Then flood the airways ways with a 15 second version of it. The 15 second version must remind people of the key poinst of the 180 minute version and emphasize "Lincoln MKS" 180 seconds is still too long for TV. Maybe use 180 second version at the movies, and a 60 and 15 second version for TV.

6 * 15 = 90, not 180. This will be used at the beginning or end of specific shows in addition to the other outlets you mentioned. Ford did the same thing with the F150 on a season premiere of 24 a few years ago. I'm sure it will be followed up by 30 second spots cut from the longer version.

6 * 15 = 90, not 180. This will be used at the beginning or end of specific shows in addition to the other outlets you mentioned. Ford did the same thing with the F150 on a season premiere of 24 a few years ago. I'm sure it will be followed up by 30 second spots cut from the longer version.

If you'll recall, Ford got away with the 120 second Ford GT spot (one of the coolest car commercials ever) on television a couple years ago as well.

If you'll recall, Ford got away with the 120 second Ford GT spot (one of the coolest car commercials ever) on television a couple years ago as well.

also about a 5 minute Mustang ad - remember that one?

I thought it was cheesy and dumb until the garage twist - that made it a little funny - it showed the car very well, but I did expect a little more.

Igor

Not bad.

Have to say, at first I had no idea what the white stuff was on the floor of the garage. Nice cinematography--excellent switch to the jarringly bright garage for the twist (which was telegraphed the moment they pulled into the driveway). Thought there might've been too much product shown, but that's just me kvetching.

I didn't notice the race of the pool jumpers.... Only thing that stuck out in my mind was "preppy"

Still, IMO, not as poetic as my favorite car commercial of all time (hopefully this is new to someone).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIOW9fLT9eY

But then again, I've always been partial to moonlight.

Even though I'm not a werewolf. Or so I think, If I were, would I know?

Oops! 12 times too long is even worst. I now noticed on BON that the 180 second will be used with movies and with select TV programming only. They also have 30 second and 15 second version that will be the aired more commonly. The general rule still applies that you get more advertising effectiveness from 12 short ads than 1 long one. In this case the ad will work because sex sell. People will watch it for 3 minutes to see the sex. Once they know that there is no sex at the end of the ad, they will still watch it over and over again for 15 seconds before changing the channel.

How much are we paying Farley again? I definitely think we're getting our money's worth. It's a lifestyle piece, WHILE showing off the features of the car.

This ad shows that Farley has done his homework. He is not just following the general rules of marketing blindly. He is trying new things but for good reasons.

anyone notice that all he actors are African Americans except for the stupid kids that are jumping into the pool - a nice touch ;)

Igor

I thinks Cadillac has an image of being a rich white mans car. Lincoln is considered an alterative to Cadillac. I think having Mercury also help attracts Aftrican American customer into the showroom.

Still, IMO, not as poetic as my favorite car commercial of all time (hopefully this is new to someone).

Ahhh, takes me right back to 1998. Love it.

Me? I always loved this one for Oldsmobile

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=18577918

Even though I'm not a werewolf. Or so I think, If I were, would I know?

I absolutely agree, I have always loved that ad.

This MKS ad has a great pay off, I liked it. But like Richard, I think they 'demonstrated' too much of the product.

LINCOLN DELIVERS INDUSTRY-FIRST THREE-MINUTE MOVIE DEBUTING ON NATIONAL TELEVISION; SPOT STARTS TODAY

- New ad campaign presents the all-new 2009 Lincoln MKS and is an industry-first, featuring a three-minute movie commercial scheduled to debut during the Black Entertainment Television Awards pre-show today.

- Partner 30- and 15-second spots will air on select television stations beginning today.

- MadCrazyLove touts the dynamic design, business-class comfort, smooth driving experience and in-car communication features of the new Lincoln MKS.

DEARBORN, Mich., June 24, 2008– Taking a significant leap from the traditional 30- and 60-second broadcast advertising model, luxury automaker Lincoln is delivering a first this week with the national television launch of a three-minute movie featuring the all-new 2009 Lincoln MKS.

Shot on location in Hollywood Hills, MadCrazyLove is a three-minute commercial, with accompanying 30- and 15-second spots, that introduces the newest member of the Lincoln family – the 2009 Lincoln MKS – against the backdrop of a fun, romantic story.

The new three-minute spot makes its television debut today during the Black Entertainment Television Awards pre-show. Following the show, the movie will live online at www.lincoln.com and www.lincolnlounge.com.

The 30- and 15-second spots will begin airing today on select cable television and nationally syndicated programs. National print and digital media are included in the media mix and scheduled for rotation beginning in July.

“Studies continue to show that Americans are embracing the Internet in a bigger way and are looking beyond sound bites for broader stories,” says Lincoln Communications Manager Tom Grill. “As this advertising model changes, Lincoln will continue to design fresh and innovative advertising that is hard-hitting and relevant. MadCrazyLove accomplishes just that and introduces our new Lincoln MKS in a fun, yet meaningful way.”

MadCrazyLove – The Movie

Sultry, soft sounds from the legendary Marvin Gaye, a dark, dusky evening, the smooth ride and distinct styling of the 2009 Lincoln MKS luxury sedan set the mood for the story.

MadCrazyLove takes the viewer on a romantic journey that at first glance appears to be centered on a couple’s first encounter. Moving through vibrant images at a cocktail party, cruising through the streets and scenic hills of Hollywood, stopping off for a bite at a local dive, the couple enjoys the simplicity of the evening and the amenities of the Lincoln MKS. As the couple’s evening together marches towards a final scene, the story takes a sudden and unexpected twist that viewers will have to see to enjoy.

Three partner 30-second and one 15-second television teaser spots provide a peek into the MadCrazyLove story, and further details the features of the new MKS, including the sophisticated technology, dynamic design and smooth driving experience.

The 30-second Something Warmer spot showcases the unique craftsmanship of the vehicle’s interior, its fine materials including genuine wood, metal and leather; the 30-second Dual-Moon highlights the dual-panel moonroof, SYNC in-car communication and the split grille design; the 30-second IP touts the next-generation voice-activated navigation and Sirius Travel Link™. The 15-second MadCrazy features the available 20-inch wheels and luxury touch technology.

MadCrazyLove was created by UniWorld Group Inc., the African American Agency of Record for Lincoln.

I absolutely agree, I have always loved that ad.

This MKS ad has a great pay off, I liked it. But like Richard, I think they 'demonstrated' too much of the product.

OTOH, hopefully, the excess product shots allow a considerable chunk of the 'plot' to be conserved for the 30 & 15 sec. spots.

And hey, let's hear it for Nick Drake.... Poor guy sold hardly any albums while he was alive, maybe 20,000 were sold in the 25 odd years between his death and that commercial, and then 20,000 were sold the first month the commercial aired.