2009 fusion up online

blazerdude20

Well, being as Ford is selling every one they can make, I don't think they're too terribly worried, but I have to ask, What did you buy?

suv_guy_19,

I replaced the 2006 Accord EX V6, with a Certified Pre-Owned 2007 BMW 328i with Premium Package, Auto, Xenon for not much more than a new 2008 Accord EX-L V6.

Back in 2006, I needed to replace my 1994 Explorer which had 213,000 miles on it. (Explorer was rock solid, original tranny and engine, no major repairs to anything.) It came down to the Fusion and Accord. I preferred the Fusion over the Accord because of the better driving dynamics of the Fusion and of course Fusion just looks better than Accord. The Accord had the better interior and better engine (IMO). But what it really came down to was the economics. I only wanted to lease for two years. The Fusion was a much better deal to purchase, but the Accord had the much superior lease deal. Ultimately the economics won out and I went with the Accord.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car has been out for not even 3 years at this point. What did you honestly expect?

Ford lost our business as well, due to the lack of available MKS'. That said I didn't come around here to complain about it, I just chalked it up to forcing the other half to get an Ecoboost'd version when the lease is up on the G35.

Michael,

What did I expect? The Fusion is in it's 4th model year, I would have expected a mid-cycle refresh by the 2009 model year. This has been much debated and would be beating a dead horse, but really, I would expect by the model's 4th year, Ford would have offered a much better engine. That's what it comes down to for me. I still like its looks, I like its interior, and I like its handling. I do not like the Duratec 30. I especially don't like how it sounds when pushed and find the engine a bit too fuel inefficient for its size and displacement.

Michael,

What did I expect? The Fusion is in it's 4th model year, I would have expected a mid-cycle refresh by the 2009 model year. This has been much debated and would be beating a dead horse, but really, I would expect by the model's 4th year, Ford would have offered a much better engine. That's what it comes down to for me. I still like its looks, I like its interior, and I like its handling. I do not like the Duratec 30. I especially don't like how it sounds when pushed and find the engine a bit too fuel inefficient for its size and displacement.

The Fusion is not in its 4th model year, it was introduced as a 2006. It hasn't even been on sale to the general public for 3 years to date. So not sure where you are getting a 4th model year from?

Nice choice on the BMW though. Seems like you were looking to move up anyhow by that vehicle choice.

Well, technically, 2009 would be the fourth model year (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009), which means that it's only been on sale for three years (danged cardinal & ordinal numbers!!!!).

However, as has been discussed endlessly, the Fusion's 2009 run will be June 2008 to Dec 2008, or 6 months, followed by an extended 2009 MY run.

And yes, no one really does much to their products in the 4th model year. (viz 2006 Accord, 2004 Camry, etc.) Ford is actually pushing more of an update to the Fusion than is the norm for the industry.

Well, technically, 2009 would be the fourth model year (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009), which means that it's only been on sale for three years (danged cardinal & ordinal numbers!!!!).

However, as has been discussed endlessly, the Fusion's 2009 run will be June 2008 to Dec 2008, or 6 months, followed by an extended 2009 MY run.

And yes, no one really does much to their products in the 4th model year. (viz 2006 Accord, 2004 Camry, etc.) Ford is actually pushing more of an update to the Fusion than is the norm for the industry.

Well look at all the changes being made to the Camry for 2009.

I see what he is getting at with the 4th model year, but as you mentioned it won't even make it a full 4 years of public availability before the 2010 goes on sale. I stand corrected.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

And with job 1 moved to Dec., it totally makes sense to launch it as a 2010. Likely there was some debate about labeling it a 2009 or 2010, but the people that are going to gripe about model year totals and the like are unreasonable, and can't be pleased.

Edited by RichardJensen

Michael,

The Fusion debuted in October 2005 (I know - I bought one of the first ones). Had the refresh been done for the normal 2009 model year timeframe, that would have been October 2008 (3 years). The refreshed model is actually coming out in January 2009 (3 years + 3 months).

It's nowhere near 4 years.

Same complaints here. I thought the materials looked and felt great. Seemed like it was VERY well built, but I just wouldn't want to look at those cheezo gauges and center stack every day.

Personally, I would have preferred the HVAC controls on the top. The brick is intuitive but it doesn't look like it belongs. The latest versions in the Taurus is not bad for a brick. As for the gauges, the Milans are much better. Just MHO. The materials and fit and finish match the competition and it is a solid car.

I wouldn't call it bitterness, just a fair assesment without sugarcoating the truth.

Anyway, after all the shit you guys give the Malibu and other cars, I find your comments both comical and ironic.

What I find most ironic is that the biggest complainers of the Fusion are those that have never owned one, driven one for any length of time, and probably don't have 2 nickels to rub together so couldn't afford one anyway.

Blackhorse admitted to driving a Jeep for Christ's sake, And yes, I have owned Jeeps, 2 to be exact. Neither of which was anything to brag about.

The Fusion debuted in October 2005 (I know - I bought one of the first ones). Had the refresh been done for the normal 2009 model year timeframe, that would have been October 2008 (3 years). The refreshed model is actually coming out in January 2009 (3 years + 3 months).

It's nowhere near 4 years.

As pointed out by RJ, I'm not referring to calendar years, just strictly model years. If Ford would have been able to meet that timeline of October 2008, I would have looked at extending my Accord lease an extra two-three months. And as for others not making substantial changes, the minor body change on the Accord from 2005 to 2006 took it out of looking hideous to bland but ok, which was enough for me to lease the '06 Accord. If the '06 Accord had the same '05 back end, I would not have leased an Accord. The exterior styling was, IMO, one of the biggest drawbacks for the '03-'05 Accords. For the Fusions the biggest drawback to me, is still the engines, both the I4 and V6.

As pointed out by RJ, I'm not referring to calendar years, just strictly model years.

Actually, you were using an ordinal number (fourth) while Michael was using cardinal numbers (3 years on the market).

I once tried to get a free beer when I was 20 by starting with my birth date, and counting upwards. If you do that, you get to 21 instead of 20.

(Oct. 4, 2000; Oct 4, 2001; Oct 4, 2002; Oct 4, 2003 = 4 total occurrences of Oct. 4, but only 3 years between the first and last occurrence).

Edited by RichardJensen

Actually, you were using an ordinal number (fourth) while Michael was using cardinal numbers (3 years on the market).

I once tried to get a free beer when I was 20 by starting with my birth date, and counting upwards. If you do that, you get to 21 instead of 20.

(Oct. 4, 2000; Oct 4, 2001; Oct 4, 2002; Oct 4, 2003 = 4 total occurrences of Oct. 4, but only 3 years between the first and last occurrence).

Yeesh. Between this and the argument about "amount" and "number" in the other thread....

I think everyone here needs a weekend. :beerchug:

Oh Jesus with the NUMBERS agian!!!!!

the-big-bang-theory.jpg

Your sentiments are felt by every investor who bought stock in this company. I remember the talk a few years ago stating that Ford has changed its ways and will start updating every 3-4 years.

Yeah, right. :reading:

2009 (1/2 year)

3.5 years

Thanks for playing :finger:

Fusion will be updated on par with its competition.

All we're tying to say is that if you asked Joe Schmoe walking down the sidewalk 'what is a Malibu' theyd be like 'oh yeah, thats a Chevy midsize sedan, it's been around for a while' and if asked 'what is a fusion'........

They would say, "The razor I used to shave with this morning".

:hysterical:

Yes, I feel like Daredevil. LOL Apparently able to see what others can't. I'm special see.

Gollee it takes so much effort and energy to post here too.

Daredevil was such a huge pile of garbage movie. Totally lame! In my top 10 worst ever movies list.

But really. The Fusion boring compared to Camry? Come on. No way.

Maybe compared to the new Accord. But not the prevs accords. No way.

What do you expect for such a new car? Just because Others came out with new last year or this year Ford needs to match that?

Peace and Blessings

Well look at all the changes being made to the Camry for 2009.

I see what he is getting at with the 4th model year, but as you mentioned it won't even make it a full 4 years of public availability before the 2010 goes on sale. I stand corrected.

What changes are being made to the Camry, or is that your point?

Personally, I would have preferred the HVAC controls on the top. The brick is intuitive but it doesn't look like it belongs. The latest versions in the Taurus is not bad for a brick. As for the gauges, the Milans are much better. Just MHO. The materials and fit and finish match the competition and it is a solid car.

Well the gauges are being changed, and it appears that the HVAC controls have been moved up slightly.... http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-fusion...py-pics/857113/ http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-fusion...py-pics/857111/

Edited by rmc523

wasnt worse than Ghost Rider. blech!

I never saw Ghost Rider, but I did see Daredevil, it wasn't that great.

Since we're talking movies, I'm looking forward to seeing Dark Knight tomorrow evening.

Edited by rmc523