New Acura TL

Bigbuck15

Now see, not only is the car ugly, but it took the whole plastic engine bay to the extreme. I dont know if its been this bad on other newer cars, but this is the first time ive seen one this covered up.

09.acura.tl.eng.500.jpg

Actually they reversed the usual sea of plastic. Instead of covering up the engine they covered everything but! It is silly at best. But the fan boys will be all over this as the holy grail of cars and gods gift to earth and oh you can see the most godly of engines and nothing else.

does this complete the self-destruction of Acura?

really really sad - the former TL was one of the Best looking cars (non-Mercury of course ;))

this is just soooooooooo unremittingly, uninterruptedly, completely, terminally UGLY

really hope the HonacuraDUH designers have an intervention, followed by a Tell's-All book deal

so

no other designers get hooked on the same evil drugs

that have obviously dissolved every last brain cell the H.guys ever had

I really don't know how to put my thoughts of this car with words, nevermind the fact that my English is mediocre. I will try however..

This car is disgusting, from whatever angles you can look at it. The front is weird, the rear is awkward. I would not want to be seen in it, or be associated with it whatsoever. I do not even want to be seen near one, I may even cross the street to avoid walking near one. While driving, I may even change lane and get in the opposite direction just to be far from one.. F*** safety. It is that ugly, and like someone on autoblog said: "The whole ugly tree hit it, nevermind the stick".

I don't think I have EVER, and I mean it, EVER seen a car that ugly (I include every types of car). The simple fact that someone can walk in an Acura showroom, accept the high sticker price, and put good money to drive one of these is an insult to intelligence.

And to be fair, even if I hate Honda styling, I must admit that the Civic and Element is a love-or-hate thing, so I understand people that could buy one. I "accepted" the new Pilot and CR-V, and I am mentally ready to accept the new Ridgeline, however ugly those 3 "trucks" are, but I do not understand how ugly the TL is. Honda is a big corporation with a pretty rational corporate culture that leads them to good profits, but I have no idea how an awkward idea like this may reach production state, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?.

Edited by Patate

They are rivaling Ford (Superduty/E-series) in taking a fantastic looking vehicle and turning it into a TLC channel plastic surgery facelift nightmare. The old TL was sharp, this thing's ass looks ripped off from the MKTaurus which is overall a cheap ripoff of a Lexus.

Why must you bring up the D3's in threads that are obviously in no way D3-related? Since you mention it though, the MKS looks WAY better than this thing.

Why must you bring up the D3's in threads that are obviously in no way D3-related? Since you mention it though, the MKS looks WAY better than this thing.

Because:

The old TL was sharp, this thing's ass looks ripped off from the MKTaurus which is overall a cheap ripoff of a Lexus.

:stats:

umm ya still no, looks like a bloated maxima and the can opener grill looks cheap and tacked on. And the front and rear fascia creases look to Pontiac-ish. This is a conversation piece for when you would like to discuss the finer points of over-styling.

umm ya still no, looks like a bloated maxima and the can opener grill looks cheap and tacked on. And the front and rear fascia creases look to Pontiac-ish. This is a conversation piece for when you would like to discuss the finer points of over-styling.

to each their own. whats funny is that everyone says the grill looks tacked on when infact the whole car was designed around this grill and bumper.

"While the TL was the last to be unveiled, it is actually the first and only one of the three sedans to be completely designed around this new look... The entire TL effort was handled by Honda R&D in the United States with Art Osborn leading the exterior design at Acura's new design studio in Torrance California. After getting approval for the new look, the decision was made to at least add the shield grille to the other sedans and roll them all out at about the same time." - autoblog.com

to, it is actually the first and only one of the three sedans to be completely designed around this new look... After getting approval for the new look, the decision was made to at least add the shield grille to the other sedans and roll them all out at about the same time." - autoblog.com

If this "New Look" is Honda's direction for all styling, it is a very good sign for Ford and others.

so i agreed with everyone until i saw autoblogs pictures of it. they made it look really good. the roof line makes it look very upscale.

I'll admit, from the side angle, the roof line does look decently nice. Just the front bumper, grille and hood do not look good. The rear end is the same as the front, bumper and trunk are total turn offs.

to each their own. whats funny is that everyone says the grill looks tacked on when infact the whole car was designed around this grill and bumper.

They need a better grille to design around then cause this look, both on the Hondas and Acuras just doesn't work for most. Sure the SD and '09 F150 grilles aren't the greatest looking, but still far better than these Honda/Acura designs.

Now I'll hold final judgement until I see on of these TL's in person. I completely hated the new Maxima in the pics posted here, but after seeing a few in person, they aren't 1/2 bad. Sure not as good looking as the out going model, but decent. Hopefully this new TL follows the same pattern.