2010 fusion wants/needs

blazerdude20

The 2010 Fusion needs to have the 3.5 with 263 hp (Camry, Accord, Altima, and now the Mazda6 have engines with similar outputs). This would allow them to give the MKZ the "Lincoln exclusive" 3.7 base enigine and also a 3.7 with direct injection and 300-310Hp (The direct injection 3.7 would become standard in the MKS). The 2010 Fusion also needs to be offered with a manual transmission or a manumatic. The exterior and interior should also be differentiated more away from the Milan.

The 2010 Fusion needs to have the 3.5 with 263 hp (Camry, Accord, Altima, and now the Mazda6 have engines with similar outputs). This would allow them to give the MKZ the "Lincoln exclusive" 3.7 base enigine and also a 3.7 with direct injection and 300-310Hp (The direct injection 3.7 would become standard in the MKS). The 2010 Fusion also needs to be offered with a manual transmission or a manumatic. The exterior and interior should also be differentiated more away from the Milan.

I just drove a Mazda 3i with a manumatic option....c'mon Ford

The flip-up lid with a shelf in the middle of the top of the dash is a nice touch to carry change, papers, and other items. However, at night, you can't easily locate small items like change on that shelf because it is completely dark. A small light that goes on when the lip flips up would be very helpful.

I am figuring out how to use Sync, and it's great! I really love it. However, a DVD or even a CD that works on your PC with a 20-minute video on how to use Sync with be a useful compliment to the manual.

Change the agreement with Sirius so that it doesn't stop working after you've owned your new Ford for only 5 days until you make a call to Sirius' toll-free number. I'm convinced they are just trying to sell me an extension. 5 days isn't enough time to set the hook on developing a passion for Sirius. I've owned my 2009 Fusion for 2 weeks and started to like some of the Sirius channels during the first 5 days when it worked, but decided I could do without the hassle and didn't call Sirius after the message popped up the screen. Sirius is just sitting there and expiring one day at a time. I felt incredibly annoyed that they would require me to make a call from my car before any additional service was allowed considering that the service is supposed to be free for the first 6 months. I'll bet if I had used it for 60 days before the "Call Sirius..." message had come up that I would have developed a enough of a passion for its great music that I would have called right away. More patience, Sirius.

since none of us really know what the new fusion will be like, list what you think this car needs to be competitive as well as anything else you want on it.

mine:

AT with manual gear selector.

electroluminescent gauges.

wish: A/C seats

• 1 month later...
If Ford wants me to consider the Fusion, I need to see a real Manual transmission option mated to the V6. Until then, I'll pass. Perhaps I'll go check out the Nissan.

To be honest, I'd rather have AWD than a manual on my next car. Of course, I'd really rather have both. No more FWD for this guy.

To be honest, I'd rather have AWD than a manual on my next car. Of course, I'd really rather have both. No more FWD for this guy.

I understand. In the snow belt, I'd insist on AWD on every vehicle I owned. But there are a lot of people that live in the southern part of the states that have no need for the extra expense of AWD. In Houston, the average low in January is 41 degrees. It doesn't snow here, basically ever. No more Automatics for this guy, unless it's in a pickup/suv.

I understand. In the snow belt, I'd insist on AWD on every vehicle I owned. But there are a lot of people that live in the southern part of the states that have no need for the extra expense of AWD. In Houston, the average low in January is 41 degrees. It doesn't snow here, basically ever. No more Automatics for this guy, unless it's in a pickup/suv.

It's not even so much for the snow that I would prefer AWD. We only get maybe a few good snowfalls a year around here. After really putting a FWD through its paces for a few years now, I just really don't like the driving characteristics at all, especially mated to a manual transmission. The thrill of downshifting in the middle of a turn and laying on the throttle to induce a little oversteer is completely lost on a FWD drivetrain.

It's not even so much for the snow that I would prefer AWD. We only get maybe a few good snowfalls a year around here. After really putting a FWD through its paces for a few years now, I just really don't like the driving characteristics at all, especially mated to a manual transmission. The thrill of downshifting in the middle of a turn and laying on the throttle to induce a little oversteer is completely lost on a FWD drivetrain.

Oh no doubt swining a RWD into a powerslide is big fun, but it doesn't make you faster. My interest in a fusion is mostly in hot lapping on the road course. FWD is easier to push harder, and tends to be more forgiving. I've been on the rear end of more mustangs, camaros and even old z's on tracks that can't pull away from my FWD, and then spin out when they push it just a lil too hard, while I zip right on pass them. I always downshift/revmatch durring braking before entering the turn, downshifting mid turn is a very bad idea, be it FWD, RWD or AWD, it seriously upsets the balance of the car. But very few people buy a car and drive it like I do on the track, hell most people are afraid to activate the ABS or rev the car over 4,000 RPM

The thrill of downshifting in the middle of a turn and laying on the throttle to induce a little oversteer is completely lost on a FWD drivetrain.

Try pulling the e brake instead. :shift:

1. 260hp powerplant

2. Revise the Gillette grill...it is growing old IMO

Edited by atomaro

• 3 weeks later...
The flip-up lid with a shelf in the middle of the top of the dash is a nice touch to carry change, papers, and other items. However, at night, you can't easily locate small items like change on that shelf because it is completely dark. A small light that goes on when the lip flips up would be very helpful.

I am figuring out how to use Sync, and it's great! I really love it. However, a DVD or even a CD that works on your PC with a 20-minute video on how to use Sync with be a useful compliment to the manual.

Change the agreement with Sirius so that it doesn't stop working after you've owned your new Ford for only 5 days until you make a call to Sirius' toll-free number. I'm convinced they are just trying to sell me an extension. 5 days isn't enough time to set the hook on developing a passion for Sirius. I've owned my 2009 Fusion for 2 weeks and started to like some of the Sirius channels during the first 5 days when it worked, but decided I could do without the hassle and didn't call Sirius after the message popped up the screen. Sirius is just sitting there and expiring one day at a time. I felt incredibly annoyed that they would require me to make a call from my car before any additional service was allowed considering that the service is supposed to be free for the first 6 months. I'll bet if I had used it for 60 days before the "Call Sirius..." message had come up that I would have developed a enough of a passion for its great music that I would have called right away. More patience, Sirius.

Is it that difficult to call Sirius and say I'd like to activate my subscription? I'm pretty sure we had to do it with our BMW. And if they ask for an extension, just say no, I'll consider that toward the end of my current subscription.

I know I love having the commercial-free radio that Sirius (or XM) offers.

Edited by rmc523

• 1 month later...

The quality/look/feel of the cloth upholstery definitely has room for improvement! The cloth seats included with the Sport Appearance Package are great, but the fabric on standard models is sub-par. The S/SE cloth is especially unimpressive.

Heated CLOTH seats would be a welcome option, too! Some of us simply don't like leather but our butts still get cold in the winter. =)

• 2 months later...

Awaiting to buy a 2010 sport, I wished they had an opton for adding a engine block heater and heated mirrors without having to get the loaded 402 package (for the mirrors). My wife's altima already was wired up for heated turn signal mirrors does anyone know if the fusion is the same way? Another thing I would like is the garage door opener built into the mirror or perhaps the headliner. I have gotten used to not carrying around the remote control in the car.

Awaiting to buy a 2010 sport, I wished they had an opton for adding a engine block heater and heated mirrors without having to get the loaded 402 package (for the mirrors). My wife's altima already was wired up for heated turn signal mirrors does anyone know if the fusion is the same way? Another thing I would like is the garage door opener built into the mirror or perhaps the headliner. I have gotten used to not carrying around the remote control in the car.

Ford's HomeLink system (garage door opener) is placed in the right side of the driver's sun visor. I'm not sure how to get it in Fusion, but I'd assume it's offered, if not that's a mistake, IMO.

Ford's HomeLink system (garage door opener) is placed in the right side of the driver's sun visor. I'm not sure how to get it in Fusion, but I'd assume it's offered, if not that's a mistake, IMO.

It is on the higher trim levels. I added my own by buying a maxima visor with homelink, cut out the module and transplanted into mine. It just wires into the vanity mirror. Works great and only cost me $50.