Recommend me a compact truck

I am considering buying a small truck:

- fuel efficient

- seats 5 comfortably (double-crew-cab)

- tows 2000 lbs

- I would buy new or near-new

I am coming up with GM's Colorado/Canyon on top ..

any other suggestions?

(Ranger is in the running in its Mexican Form .. but it is a distant chance .. ;( )

Igor

The truck you want is not available in the USA, but is available in every other country. I is called the Hilux.

Anything smaller than a full-size, and you will not carry five people comfortably. Mid-size trucks have just about the same fuel economy as a full size anyway.

You can get a great deal on a full sized truck right now, no matter what manufacturer you choose. Why wait?

My thoughts exactly! I can get 18-19 in my 5.4 4x4 Supercrew on the highway, and the compacts won't net you much better.

Igor if you dont want a Ranger buy a Mazda B-Series prettty thought little trucks :P :hysterical: and for the Sport track imo that could had been the Ranger replacement back when it was introduced, Sport Tracks sales if it was offered as a single and half cab it would be a top seller

Edited by Cougarpower

Buy the '09 Escape w/Towing package and then get a trailor.

I was going to suggest this. A small SUV with a towing package has things going for it IMO. You'll get the ability to seat 5, fold down seats, a rear opening hatch, decent gas mileage, nimble maneuvering in the parking lot, and the ability to leave the bed at home when you don't need it. They can get pretty peppy too, if that is a plus with you.

IGOR, given your specifications, there is only one vehicle on the market that offers what you are looking for...

Crew Cab, mid-sized or smaller, decent highway mileage. The GM/Chevy colorado/canyon is the only crew cab in the US market available with a 4 banger. Thats your only choice FOR NOW. Look for Nissan and Toyota to offer their 4 bangers in their crew cab mid size pickups. Toyota, the 2.7L I4, and Nissan, the 2.5 I4.

In 21,000 miles my '07 v8 sport trac has needed a trans program for rough shifting and a few days ago the sensor ring on the rear wheel broke creating havoc with the rsc and abs systems. It kinda pisses me off that stuff broke but it has been a good powerful and comfortable truck, tows great rides like a dream seating 5 isnt an issue and it gets about the same mileage as my '08 ranger 4.0 4x4. I hate the mileage of my ranger but I was dying to own a daily vehicle with a manual transmission, shame everyone rarely offers manuals in vehicles anymore.