Mercedes-Benz ML320 BlueTec

Nissan Murano

Saturn Vue 2-Mode Hybrid

Subaru Forester

Vokswagen Tiguan

Winners last year:

COTY - Chevy Malibu

TOTY - Mazda CX-9

I don't get how the Venza & Flex are cars and X6 & Murano are trucks. Classification by dart board?

Scott

Quick summation:

Car-of-the-Year nominees:

Audi A4

BMW 1-Series

Cadillac CTS-V

Dodge Challenger

Ford Flex

Honda Fit

Hyundai Genesis

Jaguar XF

Lincoln MKS

Mazda6

Nissan GT-R

Pontiac G8

Toyota Venza

Volkswagen Jetta TDI

Truck-of-the-Year nominees:

BMW X6

Chevrolet Traverse

Dodge Ram

Ford F-150

Honda Pilot

Infiniti FX35/50

Kia Borrego

Nissan Murano

Saturn Vue 2-Mode Hybrid

Subaru Forester

Vokswagen Tiguan

Winners last year:

COTY - Chevy Malibu

TOTY - Mazda CX-9

I don't get how the Venza & Flex are cars and X6 & Murano are trucks. Classification by dart board?

Scott

I too was wondering that.

Touch decisions, at least just looking at the names.

Quick summation:

Car-of-the-Year nominees:

Audi A4

BMW 1-Series

Cadillac CTS-V

Dodge Challenger

Ford Flex

Honda Fit

Hyundai Genesis

Jaguar XF

Lincoln MKS

Mazda6

Nissan GT-R

Pontiac G8

Toyota Venza

Volkswagen Jetta TDI

Truck-of-the-Year nominees:

BMW X6

Chevrolet Traverse

Dodge Ram

Ford F-150

Honda Pilot

Infiniti FX35/50

Kia Borrego

Nissan Murano

Saturn Vue 2-Mode Hybrid

Subaru Forester

Vokswagen Tiguan

Winners last year:

COTY - Chevy Malibu

TOTY - Mazda CX-9

Scott

?....is it the 09 F-150?...bets on.........Liberace King Ranch or 55000 dollar Platinum will be sent....there goes the value for money box..........

I'm not saying that I like the idea, but I bet you that automotive journalists will because they don't tend to use their truck like people who actually USE their truck do. By the way, I'm not sure that comparing a 68 GMC's suspension to a 2009 Dodge Ram is exactly fair. No matter how horrible the suspension is on the Ram (and I doubt it is), it can't be worse than a truck from the 1960s. Let's be honest here ... suspensions have come a long way since the 1960s thanks to computer engineering.

In all honesty, the only reason Dodge went to coils is for an improvement in ride quality....same reason GM's truck divisions tried coils way back then...I am surprised they didn't go with air bags for the rear suspension, but then again...there's always the HD versions of the Ram for that.

Liberace King Ranch :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Is chinchilla an option?

mark my words...Flex will probablt be a Limited AWD no less complete with every known option...INCLUDING the refrigerator for the DOM, which one can't get as of right now ( commodity issue )

Edited by Deanh

Yeah since it worked so well and was so "revolutionary" on the 68-72 GM trucks... :nonono:

Yes and Ford had leafs those years. Do Ford pickups still ride the same and have the same payload because they still use leaf springs? No. Let's not compare 40 year old technology with today's advances. Just because something was previously tried and did not succeed does not mean it is doomed to fail again. Remember the GM V-8-4-6? Seems just about every manufacturer is jumping on the cylinder deactivation bandwagon these days.

Well played.

I have always thought that GM had too many brands. I hate the fact that they have 4 Lambdas...I hate the fact that Pontiac is getting an Aveo (although...with the new Aveo being so ugly, Pontiac may have a winner).

GM needs to dump Saab (duh)

GM needs to dump Hummer (Hummer's 15 minutes of fame has long past)

GM needs to dump Buick (they don't need a brand to compete with Lincoln)

GM needs to dump Saturn (JUST like Mercury, Saturn does not move enough products to justify it's existence...even though the Saturn products are great)

GM needs to take a long, hard look at dumping GMC as well.

Keep Chevy as your mainstream brand.

Keep Pontiac as your sporty brand

Keep Caddy as your (true) luxury brand.

I have always thought that GM had too many brands. I hate the fact that they have 4 Lambdas...I hate the fact that Pontiac is getting an Aveo (although...with the new Aveo being so ugly, Pontiac may have a winner).

GM needs to dump Saab (duh)

GM needs to dump Hummer (Hummer's 15 minutes of fame has long past)

GM needs to dump Buick (they don't need a brand to compete with Lincoln)

GM needs to dump Saturn (JUST like Mercury, Saturn does not move enough products to justify it's existence...even though the Saturn products are great)

GM needs to take a long, hard look at dumping GMC as well.

Keep Chevy as your mainstream brand.

Keep Pontiac as your sporty brand

Keep Caddy as your (true) luxury brand.

Dumping Saturn would be utterly retarded. Same for Buick. Both have probably the most loyal customers of any GM products ... Saturnophiles and Old Geezers. Even if Buick is trying to be hip and cool.

Dumping Saturn would be utterly retarded. Same for Buick. Both have probably the most loyal customers of any GM products ... Saturnophiles and Old Geezers. Even if Buick is trying to be hip and cool.

That same case could be made for the... s.

Loyal customers or not, the numbers just don't add up to keep the brands alive...just like Mercury...actually both Buick and Saturn outsold Mercury and Lincoln by a substantial margin last month.

Gm either needs to shit or get off the pot. These brands ate just in limbo...with no clear direction. GM did a fantastic job with Cadillac. Now their efforts need to be focused on Saturn and Buick. If they can't turn them around soon, time to kick them to the curb.