NA-OTY Semi-Finalists

I see the Toyota Edge is there and I'm not surprised. I feel in my gut the Flex may not make it because of it's polarizing styling. So does the Honda Pilot but they should cancel each other out. Unfortunatly, I see the Pilot moving up and that only proves this whole process is a farce and hypocritical.

By the way, I like the Flex and the Pilot (hate the new front). As for the Venza, for once (in a while) Ford got here first. Actually, Nissan but hey...

I see the Toyota Edge is there and I'm not surprised. I feel in my gut the Flex may not make it because of it's polarizing styling. So does the Honda Pilot but they should cancel each other out. Unfortunatly, I see the Pilot moving up and that only proves this whole process is a farce and hypocritical.

By the way, I like the Flex and the Pilot (hate the new front). As for the Venza, for once (in a while) Ford got here first. Actually, Nissan but hey...

I don't even think the Venza has a chance. Is the Flex in the car or truck category?

NATOTY usually goes to those who really have excelled in redesigning their vehicle, or have introduced just something totally different, thats out there....

As for trucks, it'll be easy, I believe the F-150 because of all the available sizes/payloads/abilities/interiors, etc. And many new toys that it'll have. It could only lose against the Ram if they are taking drivetrain into consideration, because the F-150 really doesn't have anything special in that regard.

As for cars, my guesses are the Flex, because it's ssooo weird, yet refined in numerous manners. It does reshape the crossover segment in a very unusual way, but it's about the overall package it'll be judged on.

Or the Mazda6, because in comparison, it has performance, size, value...builds on an already good package, without being boring like the Camry or Accord which is (more of the same).

I havent seen the complete list yet, but from what I saw on that glimpse...

Yeah since it worked so well and was so "revolutionary" on the 68-72 GM trucks... :nonono:

ding ding ding ding ding ding......

Everybody is "oohing and aahing" over Dodges "revolutionary" idea of using coils in the rear for a smoother ride....it is a truck for gods sake....it is supposed to ride like that.....wanna a truck that rides like a car?? Go buy a Ridgeline or Sport trac....

:hysterical:

Edited by twintornados

Everybody is "oohing and aahing" over Dodges "revolutionary" idea of using coils in the rear for a smoother ride....it is a truck for gods sake....it is supposed to ride like that.....wanna a truck that rides like a car?? Go buy a Ridgeline or Sport trac....

Is sad more journalists don't research a bit to see if "new" ideas really are new or not. And if they are not, what are the differences.

I'm not saying that I like the idea, but I bet you that automotive journalists will because they don't tend to use their truck like people who actually USE their truck do. By the way, I'm not sure that comparing a 68 GMC's suspension to a 2009 Dodge Ram is exactly fair. No matter how horrible the suspension is on the Ram (and I doubt it is), it can't be worse than a truck from the 1960s. Let's be honest here ... suspensions have come a long way since the 1960s thanks to computer engineering.

I don't even think the Venza has a chance. Is the Flex in the car or truck category?

I don't think the Venza deserves the honors (see below) but I have a feeling it may win or be close b/c it's a Toyota.

and the winner is.........something Imported.....or considered imported.....is the Venza even avail yet???????????

That's what I was wondering, I don't think it's out yet, but as said above, it'll probably win just b/c it's imported/a Toyota.

I really dont think the Toyota Verza will win much of anything...it doesnt bring anything new to the plate...nothing special about it...its just "More of the same", so its not enough to gain it many votes actually.

I understand that, and completely agree, but given the history of what seems to be an import bias by the mags, I think it may do better than it deserves.

I understand that, and completely agree, but given the history of what seems to be an import bias by the mags, I think it may do better than it deserves.

don't worry i think it will either be the Genesis or the Mazda 6(both imports sort of) and they both put sport above the rest of the competition and the auto rags like that

it won't be a Toyota

True, but from what I've seen from NACOTY in the past..they really dont fall much into that import bias. Just look at some of the past winners, which is how I've come up to this conclusion on my own. If it's not WOW, they won't vote for it and lets face it, Toyota rarely does "WOW'... lol

True, but from what I've seen from NACOTY in the past..they really dont fall much into that import bias. Just look at some of the past winners, which is how I've come up to this conclusion on my own. If it's not WOW, they won't vote for it and lets face it, Toyota rarely does "WOW'... lol

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what wins...

I really dont think the Toyota Verza will win much of anything...it doesnt bring anything new to the plate...nothing special about it...its just "More of the same", so its not enough to gain it many votes actually.

As opposed to the most redundant vehicle released this year...the Flex? Talk about bringing nothing new to the table...