Facelifted Honda Element leaked

rmc523

im confident Honda has more ugly left in it....its currently working on beating Acura right now with that stick, i just hope the NSX looks nothing like the front of the new trio from Acura

To be honest, for some of the stuff Honda/Acura has come out with lately, hitting it with an ugly stick would be an improvement.

And it's been a while since I've seen the latest NSX spy shots, but I don't rememeber being all that impressed by what I saw.

Edited by rmc523

Still an ugly box. And a gas hog to boot. Most people that buy them are seniors, not the youth crowd that Honda targeted to begin with. And these older folks are on the evening news complaining that the Element only gets 15mpg! Sheesh! Our Tribute (Escape clone) gets over 24 mpg around the Metro area, that's like city driving...

I say Honda can keep em in Japan. We don't need another SUV getting crappy mileage. Heck the Expeditions and Tahoes do better than the Element and they are American V-8s!

Still an ugly box. And a gas hog to boot. Most people that buy them are seniors, not the youth crowd that Honda targeted to begin with. And these older folks are on the evening news complaining that the Element only gets 15mpg! Sheesh! Our Tribute (Escape clone) gets over 24 mpg around the Metro area, that's like city driving...

I say Honda can keep em in Japan. We don't need another SUV getting crappy mileage. Heck the Expeditions and Tahoes do better than the Element and they are American V-8s!

Dang, you don't have to out right lie.

Fuel Economy reported by owners to the EPA:

Average of top 8 reports of 2wd models

23.0mpg Element

15.4mpg Expedition

So you statement that the Expedition does better is a lie. The Element is getting 49+% better than the Expedition.

Edited by guesswhoscomingtodinner

As with the new Escape, this Element doesn't look too bad with a color matched grille. But with the chrome grille, which it seems everyone is doing now (esp. Acura), it's awful!

I still think the new Acuras, Pilot and Ridgeline fronts look worse, but this isn't too far behind in the "damn that's ugly" category.

Love how they make the Element look like a rugged camping machine with the tent attached. This isn't something I'd take on back road/trails, let alone any serious camping expedition. Then again, it's marketed towards the city folk that don't know better.

If you have a life style that can utilize a vehicle like the Element, it's a neat vehicle. It can haul bikes up right attached by their forks (you don't put $5000 bicycles on outside), you can't do that in Escape and Mariner. You can also haul more stuff in it than other vehicles it's length. With a receiver hitch on rear, you can attach a platform to haul even more stuff.

Obviously most of you are not bicycle racers, tri atheletes, marathon runners (need space to haul equipment, food and drink, chairs, lounges, and rest) campers, long distance travelers, HD shoppers, etc, so you just don't get this vehicle. And....most everyone I know who has one thinks the gas mileage is terrific considering it's utility value, and compared to other vehicles that haul this much....Explorers, Trailblazers, etc. You just can't directly compare an Element to many other vehicles. For an athelete needing space, the next move up is a mini van.

Sure....it's ugly....who cares? There is a niche market for it in a volume Honda can profit from. Honda is good at this. I may buy one to replace an Explorer I just sold. The Flex, while nice, is too big, bulky, heavy, and wasteful. The Edge and MKT don't have much useful room. The Escape and Mariner not big enough. Explorer and Mountaineer (while correct size for my needs) are old school, too heavy with large wasteful engines (poor investment too).

Edited by Ralph Greene

If you have a life style that can utilize a vehicle like the Element, it's a neat vehicle. It can haul bikes up right attached by their forks (you don't put $5000 bicycles on outside), you can't do that in Escape and Mariner. You can also haul more stuff in it than other vehicles it's length. With a receiver hitch on rear, you can attach a platform to haul even more stuff.

Obviously most of you are not bicycle racers, tri atheletes, marathon runners (need space to haul equipment, food and drink, chairs, lounges, and rest) campers, long distance travelers, HD shoppers, etc, so you just don't get this vehicle. And....most everyone I know who has one thinks the gas mileage is terrific considering it's utility value, and compared to other vehicles that haul this much....Explorers, Trailblazers, etc. You just can't directly compare an Element to many other vehicles. For an athelete needing space, the next move up is a mini van.

Sure....it's ugly....who cares? There is a niche market for it in a volume Honda can profit from. Honda is good at this. I may buy one to replace an Explorer I just sold. The Flex, while nice, is too big, bulky, heavy, and wasteful. The Edge and MKT don't have much useful room. The Escape and Mariner not big enough. Explorer and Mountaineer (while correct size for my needs) are old school, too heavy with large wasteful engines (poor investment too).

When Ford first introduced the Escape way back in the paleolithic part of the 21st century, they very much promoted the idea that two mountain bikes, sans front wheels, would fit in the back, 2nd row folded. Now, unless they've made it smaller inside with the redesign (which is unlikely, since it was just a re-skin), I would bet it still can hold two mountain bikes, or even two road bikes.

(Getting anything else in the vehicle at the same time was never mentioned.) :)

When Ford first introduced the Escape way back in the paleolithic part of the 21st century, they very much promoted the idea that two mountain bikes, sans front wheels, would fit in the back, 2nd row folded. Now, unless they've made it smaller inside with the redesign (which is unlikely, since it was just a re-skin), I would bet it still can hold two mountain bikes, or even two road bikes.

(Getting anything else in the vehicle at the same time was never mentioned.) :)

It will....if they are very small size bikes, or if you take the seat posts out. I ride a 56 CM frame on a road bike, and am very picky about how my seat points, etc, and prefer not to take it out. I only mention this kind of personal stuff because there are huge numbers of folks who use these vehicles same as I do. I'm not sure our use is on the Ford radar screen, but it sure is on Honda's.

An Explorer is the perfect size vehicle for my use, and the Eco Boost 4 in a newer lighter Explorer seems perfect to me.

While I like the Element, and it would work fine for me, the main reason I have not already bought an Element, is....it isn't a Ford product.

Edited by Ralph Greene

Dang, you don't have to out right lie.

Fuel Economy reported by owners to the EPA:

Average of top 8 reports of 2wd models

23.0mpg Element

15.4mpg Expedition

So you statement that the Expedition does better is a lie. The Element is getting 49+% better than the Expedition.

Say what you want.

Read my quote. "As reported on the evening news."

Don't take things out of context please. I could have quoted the EPA, but I didn't. It wasn't a lie. I choose not to do any of that.

Edited by jonas1022

Say what you want.

Read my quote. "As reported on the evening news."

Don't take things out of context please. I could have quoted the EPA, but I didn't. It wasn't a lie. I choose not to do any of that.

So you are claiming the "evening news" said this.

Sorry, I'm sticking with --- You are a liar.