2010 Camaro: RS $22,995 / SS $30,995

eddiehaskell

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately more expensive, but with more content. IRS, six speed tranny, and a 300 hp V6 sounds like a deal for an extra 3 grand. Still adds up to an extra $60/ mo. in payment. should help keep the Mustang on top. We really can't get the new engines fast enough, though.

No doubt the Camaro seems like "more car" when compared to the Mustang on a feature-for-feature basis. That was usually the case when comparing them throughout history. I suppose the only thing to do now is see if the buyer has changed since the last Camaro and will actually demand the added content or if he/she will be content with the more simplistic approach the Mustang takes.

$31k sounds like alot of cash for the SS. I mean, the Mustang GT is about $5K less isnt it? IRS or not, thats some serious coin for the base price and i doubt the SS is gonna be much faster than the GT given the weight penalty and all.

The V6 isnt too badly priced though. We will see how it does.

$22995 is for the base LS model. The cheapest RS comes in at $26380 (includes HIDs and 20 inch wheels).

I think the price is a bit steep. I'm guessing the SS with all the bells and whistles will range between 34-38K, possibly 40K for a convertible.

With that kind of money I'll take the Shelby.

Any word on a 7.0L Camaro? A Z28 perhaps?

$31k sounds like alot of cash for the SS. I mean, the Mustang GT is about $5K less isnt it?

$3500.

IRS or not, thats some serious coin for the base price and i doubt the SS is gonna be much faster than the GT given the weight penalty and all.

The Camaro has 122 more HP. If the engineers are correct, the SS will only be about 0.2 second slower to 60 mph than a GT500. The Camaro also includes a more sophisticated suspension setup, brembo brakes, 6 speed trans, etc.

I think the price is a bit steep. I'm guessing the SS with all the bells and whistles will range between 34-38K, possibly 40K for a convertible.

With that kind of money I'll take the Shelby.

Any word on a 7.0L Camaro? A Z28 perhaps?

Equally equipped, a 2SS Camaro is about $3000 more than a GT.

$3500.

The Camaro has 122 more HP. If the engineers are correct, the SS will only be about 0.2 second slower to 60 mph than a GT500. The Camaro also includes a more sophisticated suspension setup, brembo brakes, 6 speed trans, etc.

sure got me salivating the 2010 Mustang as a retort.....

$3000 more than the 2009 GT. We'll see what the prices and packages are for the 2010 GT so we can compare apples to apples. My guess is the base GT will receive a slight price increase which would make the difference even less.

we shall see...the Camaro pricing may in fact force the Stang to remain status quo....after all....that beloved IRS is huge in some peoples eyes......price the Mustang much higher and it may become a coin toss....

$3500.

Your math is awful, guys. A GT Deluxe Mustang has a base price of $25,000, almost to the dollar. That's a $6,000 swing. A premium GT adds about $1500, but that's still nowhere near the $3,000-$3,500 difference you're all using.

Your math is awful, guys. A GT Deluxe Mustang has a base price of $25,000, almost to the dollar. That's a $6,000 swing. A premium GT adds about $1500, but that's still nowhere near the $3,000-$3,500 difference you're all using.
If you want to correct someone, at least try to be accurate.

http://bp2.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/200...ng#page=/Style/

Ford Mustang GT MSRP $27,570

Ford Mustang GT Premium MSRP $29,520

Base Camaro SS = $30,995....$3400 more than a GT.

Thanks for playing.

Thanks for playing.

Annnd... I stand corrected on my correction. Was there a good price increase this model year? I remember them recently being $25,000. I know they typically go up a few hundred a year, but somewhere there was a jump, and I missed it.

Thanks for playing.

he may be referring to 08 models...base before D & D is 26 on delux, 272 on premium.....looks like there has been a jump.....

he may be referring to 08 models...base before D & D is 26 on delux, 272 on premium.....looks like there has been a jump.....

Thanks, Dean. I still don't have any '09s on the ground yet. Kinda wierd, but I haven't even seen one in person yet. I hear I'm missing out on a really cool new badge...

the SS costs more starting then my G8 GT with premium package cost

that is so stupid for a car that is much less practical and is only a little faster than my G8 GT

they should have priced it 29k starting....oh well the people that want one will get it but i don't see it going beyond that

the RS might be a deal though...still ugly

what comes with the base SS?

Edited by Ford-150

Counterpoint: Camaro V6 has 300 hp, which is the same as a Mustang GT. 1/4 mile (as per C&D) is 14.5 sec at 97 mph w/ 6 speed manual. Not too shabby for a six pot, albeit almost a second slower then the V8 Mustang but almost a second faster then a V6 Mustang.

The Camaro seems to be occupying the gray areas in between all of the Mustang models (V6/GT/GT500).

Needless to say, I'd still take the Mustang or Challenger over the wildly extroverted Camaro.

Here is a dose of reality concerning price. Right now, you can buy a base GT for 21K and change. The ss is going to go for sticker for a while at least until they get all the suckers out of the way that have to have the next new thing. 10K is a LOT!!!! I understand the difference but 10K? NO :censored: way. This market is about bang for the buck.

Those that choose the loaded up model are flirting with vette prices. Who in their right mind would not rather have a vette? I bet this overweight pig is not going to be all that GM was hoping for sales wise.

For those that still want to toot their horn about the v6 F5 giving v8 stangs all they handle all I can say is I cant wait. :happy feet: Cant wait for the first one to try me out. :hysterical:

I've heard some discussion that these prices may be a brief "introductory" special and may go up from there. Also, what do you get for the "base" price - also discussed that they don't expect to really sell any quantity at the minimum price. I suppose I could look at GM site, but that is a lot of work.