Spy Shots: 2010 Ford Mustang GT caught... parked

Ford Jellymoulds

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. I remember our old Caprice had the antenna in the front glass.

Good point - that is what the '02-'05 Thunderbirds have. Unless Eco Boost would mess with one in the windsheld as well somehow?

I do seem to remember reading somewhere here that Ford may have been having issues with reception putting the antenna in the windshield. Not sure if this is/was true, though, as I believe they still use the same setup for the Expys.

Where is the best place to see spy shots of the GT500?

Autoblog.com is usually pretty good for spy shots of anything. That or jalopnik.com.....leftlanenews.com isn't bad either.

They're chops. The perspective is skewed on the front shot, plus the details on the lower intake and turn signals are wrong. Tail lights and middle brake lights are wrong as well.

Confirmation=No, Speculation=Yes. I have read both on several boards, but all signs point to carryover powertrains, meaning V6 and V8. I hope it's the D35, if not, someone at Ford needs to get canned. It makes perfect sense really, roll out the new V6 for '10 for some sales, roll out the new V8 and possibly EB V6 for '11. I would love to see the 5.0 appear in a special edition (say Boss 302) for the 2010 model year, but I've read that job 1 for that engine isn't until late 2009, early 2010.

I'd hate for that to be the case, especially since the 4.0 doesn't have long to live. 5.0L probably won't show up early in a special edition becuase if it were ready, it would be in all of them. If a D35 varient doesn't show up in 2010, I expect that when it does show up it will be a new version.

Edited by V8 Ford

My concern is will we be getting a 3.5L/3.7L with 262HP V6, or a DI version with around 300HP to match the Camaro? Or we are doing things half-assed ?

A 262hp Mustang should easily keep up with a 300hp Camaro, due to the weight difference (about 400lbs).

Frankly, if the new V6 gets in the 2010 Mustang, I can almost guarantee that it will NOT be a 300hp DI version, as it will make the 300-320hp 4.6 look silly.

Do we really need a 300hp BASE Mustang???

We know the Mustang is less expensive............. isn't 262hp, for less money, a good deal???

BTW, if you point out the base Camaro is $22,995, I will remind you that if you want ANY option on it, it automatically bumps you up to a higher trim level (at around $25K). I seriously doubt if you will EVER see a base Camaro.

A 262hp Mustang should easily keep up with a 300hp Camaro, due to the weight difference (about 400lbs).

Frankly, if the new V6 gets in the 2010 Mustang, I can almost guarantee that it will NOT be a 300hp DI version, as it will make the 300-320hp 4.6 look silly.

Do we really need a 300hp BASE Mustang???

We know the Mustang is less expensive............. isn't 262hp, for less money, a good deal???

BTW, if you point out the base Camaro is $22,995, I will remind you that if you want ANY option on it, it automatically bumps you up to a higher trim level (at around $25K). I seriously doubt if you will EVER see a base Camaro.

I have to agree with you, I'd like to see the following line up:

Base Mustang- 3.5 or 3.7L V6 with about 280HP and gets about 27 MPG highway

Mustang GT- 4.6L 3v 330HP or 5L with nearly 400HP (380-400 HP Range) and gets about 25-26 highway, nice bump over the current 4.6L

GT500- 5.4L Super Charged 520HP or so or 5L SuperCharged or Ecoboost with 550HP-MPG-who fucking cares!

Special Edition Mustang (Sprint?) Ecoboost 3.5L V6 with 420 HP and gets anywhere from 25-27 MPG between the GT and Base Model.

I'd like to see the Current base Mustang still retail at 20K or so

Speaking of base models, the Chrysler dealer in my old hometown in PA has had three Challengers on their lot since before Labor Day. Hasn't sold any of them and two are 3.5L base models while the third is an SRT8.

Are you sure they have 3.5L models? From everything I've read, all the '08 Challengers were produced as SRT8 models, and would come out with the V6 and R/T models for the '09 model. Could be wrong, but that's simply what I've read and seen, as all the dealers here in Denver only have SRT8 models.

I have to agree with you, I'd like to see the following line up:

Base Mustang- 3.5 or 3.7L V6 with about 280HP and gets about 27 MPG highway

With a manual transmission, the mustang already gets 26MPG highway with the 4.0, which barely returns better fuel economy than the 4.6L V8 in all applications. The taurus gets 28mpg highway and weights 300lbs more (although it's aerodynamics are better). If the 2010 mustang is lighter and more aerodynamic than the current one, they could probably squeeze 30MPG highway out of the D-35 with a manual.

Are you sure they have 3.5L models? From everything I've read, all the '08 Challengers were produced as SRT8 models, and would come out with the V6 and R/T models for the '09 model. Could be wrong, but that's simply what I've read and seen, as all the dealers here in Denver only have SRT8 models.

The 2009 Challengers are on dealer lots now. They've been out for a couple of weeks, and a friend of mine at our local Dodge store says they have V6s, and R/Ts on the ground.

Positive. I looked at the window stickers of all three over Labor Day weekend. The V-6s were 09 models. The SRT8 had non-dealer personalized plates so my guess is that the owner of the dealership is using it as a demo. He is a wildman and likes 'em fast and furious. I'm sure he has tested it's capabilities at least once or twice.

FWIW, what I remember was that the initial X number of Challengers were ALL going to be SRT8s. Now, I don't know if that was just 2008 model cars were SRT8s and when they went to 2009s they were going to do a traditional mix of models. But, I do know that they have been producing the non-SRT8 models for some time now as regular production units. Whereas the Camaro V6 will have a really nice v6 and be a reasonable performer, the Challenger v6 has no attractiveness for me whatsoever. I find the base 3.5L Chrysler V6 to be lackluster in most respects. Given the weight of the challenger, I'm surprised that they didn't go with their DOHC 4.0L V6 evolution of the 3.5L for the extra torque, but, needing to meet some semblance of mpg targets would dictate using the 3.5L.

I've seen a couple non-srt8 Challengers on the road and in transit by truck. I'm pretty sure the ones on the road weren't preproduction since I never see any mopar prototypes on the road (plenty of Ford and Hyundai ones though).

I whooped up on a v6 challenger the other day in my gt! haha had to let that one out. I'm sure a srt8 would whoop my ass though! lol

I whooped up on a v6 challenger the other day in my gt! haha had to let that one out. I'm sure a srt8 would whoop my ass though! lol

Nice. It really depends on what year your GT is, though. Aside from one magazine posting low 13's with the Challenger, all I've heard is real high 13's. My buddy saw an SRT* at the local strip running 13.9's all night. It's possible the driver sucked, but come on. It's an automatic transmission. Just push the gas.

There may be a little margine for error there, but with an automatic, it's hard to see a huge difference driver to driver. I have a feeling the magazine might have gotten a "special" one.

Anyways, if your Mustang is an '05 or newer, high 13's are the norm.

So go get 'em!

nice car! I like the color. How does it perform? I am really curious how well it's built? do like the looks though!

it performs great......its built pretty solid but there are some minor issues exept for maybe the paint

check out my review in the Competition Forum

theres pictures :shades:

Edited by Ford-150

There may be a little margine for error there, but with an automatic, it's hard to see a huge difference driver to driver. I have a feeling the magazine might have gotten a "special" one.

the auto in the G8 GTs is a tricky little one

there is a trick where you can hold 3rd gear before the trap(because the trans wants to throw it in 4th) and it will give you on average .1 sec better times with a cold car

but most people do not know about it and it does take some practice to get it right

so there can be driver error on G8 autos