A Letter From a Small Business Owner

I found this on another site that I post on and I thought it was pretty funny. Frankly if I was a small business owner this is how I would handle Barack's plans.

Dear Fellow Business Owners...

As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama, will be our nextPresident, and that my taxes and fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure, that the customer will have to see an increase in my charges to tune of about 8%. I will also have to lay off 6 of my employees. This really bothered me, as I believe we are family here. Ididn't know how to choose who will have to go. So this iswhat I did. I strolled through the parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on my employees cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of another fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know. I am sending this letter to all business owners that I know.

Sincerely

Who knows if it's real but it sure is funny. Like I said libs, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

and blackhorse, when we're dragged down by more war and bad economic decisions, we'll blame you.

quit fear mongering to get your point across. it's pathetic.

If you'll recall, the vote to authorize the use of force in Iraq was quite bi-partisan in nature. Even Obama's running mate voted to invade.

i do recall. of course, look at the rep candidate. his small arsenal of tools for the job of president will probably include force, force, followed by more force. not sure it will work in the 21st century, it hasn't worked so well so far.

How do you figure it "hasn't worked so well so far"?

If you'll recall, the vote to authorize the use of force in Iraq was quite bi-partisan in nature. Even Obama's running mate voted to invade.

You've kind of contradicted your self. Biden did not vote to "invade", he voted to "authorize the use of force in Iraq". There's a big difference there. But, it was Bush who abused that authorization and took us into a unilateral war against a country that never attacked us and turned out to never be a real threat to the US. But, after yesterday, that's all a moot point anyway...

You've kind of contradicted your self. Biden did not vote to "invade", he voted to "authorize the use of force in Iraq". There's a big difference there. But, it was Bush who abused that authorization and took us into a unilateral war against a country that never attacked us and turned out to never be a real threat to the US. But, after yesterday, that's all a moot point anyway...

Unilateral? What about the other countries that went in with us? I'll bet they are happy to hear that they don't count.

If you'll notice, the Iraq war dropped off the map the last several months on the campaign trail. Why? Because for all intents and purposes, the war is already over and there is no more supposed "failure" to point out. Vietnam it is not.

Edited by NickF1011

It's nice to hear that small businesses weren't hurting and nobody lost their jobs during Bush's presidency. :reading:
Really? That's why a shop that was worth over $3 million in 2003 sold for under $750K last August, and five of us got canned. Becase Bush was so great for small business. Yeah, right...

Really? That's why a shop that was worth over $3 million in 2003 sold for under $750K last August, and five of us got canned. Becase Bush was so great for small business. Yeah, right...

Len, I thought you of all people would catch the sarcasm. Apparently not. :hysterical:

All jokes aside, I remember your post about it on the other forum though. How have you been since then?

Len, I thought you of all people would catch the sarcasm. Apparently not. :hysterical:

All jokes aside, I remember your post about it on the other forum though. How have you been since then?

No, I caught the sarcasm - just added to it!!

Been OK, still job hunting. The two machinists who were let go with me found something after about six months out. The quality manager is still unemployed, like I am; my ex-boss was still job hunting as of spring, when he suffered a stroke. He recovered from it and decided to just retire early.

No, I caught the sarcasm - just added to it!!

Been OK, still job hunting. The two machinists who were let go with me found something after about six months out. The quality manager is still unemployed, like I am; my ex-boss was still job hunting as of spring, when he suffered a stroke. He recovered from it and decided to just retire early.

Where do you live?

Tool makers are advertising on TV here, for Machinists. They've even done joint commercials with the union in an effort to find qualified people.

Not sure why there is a shortage, but it may be worth a look for you.

BTW I'm in Rochester NY

Where do you live?

Tool makers are advertising on TV here, for Machinists. They've even done joint commercials with the union in an effort to find qualified people.

Not sure why there is a shortage, but it may be worth a look for you.

BTW I'm in Rochester NY

I live in the Detroit, MI suburbs. Wouldn't help me - I'm not a machinist - I'm an outside sales rep, specializing in industrial sales, mostly MRO (maintenance, repair, and operations), but with some OEM experience. Because of the downturn in the Detroit 3 auto business, and the effects on the suppliers, there aren't any openings in my area of industrial sales. In fact, more positions are being eliminated, either through attrition or out right layoffs/firings. I'm working on matching my experience and skills to other outside sales jobs, but even those openings are few, and there's quite a crowd of candidates for each opening. I just keep plugging away. Sooner or later, something will click (I hope).

Depends who you ask.

What would we call it then? A downturn? A shrinkage? Either way, it's less than flat.

I realize that a technical definition of what constitutes a recession means little to someone who recently lost a job or a house, but here goes anyway:

Recession - a decline in GDP for two or more consecutive quarters.

The second quarter of 2008 saw real GDP increase over the first quarter at an annualized rate of 2.8%.

The third quarter of 2008 saw real GDP decrease from the second quarter at an annualized rate of 0.3%. If the fourth quarter sees another decline in real GDP, then we will technically be in a recession that began during the Bush administration. I hope that doesn't happen, not to protect the current president, but for what it would do to ordinary men and women.

Source: Bureau of Economic Analysis.

Edited by fmorriso

I realize that a technical definition of what constitutes a recession means little to someone who recently lost a job or a house, but here goes anyway:

Recession - a decline in GDP for two or more consecutive quarters.

The second quarter of 2008 saw real GDP increase over the first quarter at an annualized rate of 2.8%.

The third quarter of 2008 saw real GDP decrease from the second quarter at an annualized rate of 0.3%. If the fourth quarter sees another decline in real GDP, then we will technically be in a recession that began during the Bush administration. I hope that doesn't happen, not to protect the current president, but for what it would do to ordinary men and women.

Source: Bureau of Economic Analysis.

I hear what you're saying, and it makes sense. It (the definition itself) just sounds to me like "we can't consider a person missing until they've been gone for 48 hours."