Anyone Notice Ford's New Website?

I like the new '09 F-150 website. The Silver Creek durability test is great this year with real time comparisons. The coil springs on the back of the Dodge do not do well and the Toyota is flexing all over the place with the front and rear bumpers looking like they are going to fall off. The F-150 seems to do even better then it used to. There is a huge difference compared to the other three. They all look flimsy as hell going through that course compared to the well built F-150.

I am pretty impressed by the trailer sway test as well. The Ford handles it so well with the new trailer sway limiting technology. The lane change test with the huge roll of cable in the back was great too. I cannot believe how much better it performs. You don't need to be a Ford fan to go to that site and see who has it figured out when it comes to design and engineering. Ford did great with this pickup. Here is the link to the videos in case some people haven't seen them...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2009f150/

Edited by 2005Explorer

Who cares ?

Flash files tend to be larger than doing the equivalent through CSS and javascript. The larger things are, the more likely for things to go blooey as packets struggle through the bucket-brigade from the site to you. Then you get a site that is "cranky" and slow to open, as all the packets get assembled. This can happen big-time, when Flash freaks build the whole site as one giant Flash file, for example. :)

They said Michigan Proving Grounds.

I think Ford sold their FL Proving Grounds also.

This is why Ford has more cash than GM !

Ford sold the Florida Proving Grounds to Harley Davidson, their Yucca Proving Grounds to Chrysler, and did major improvements to the Volvo Arizona Proving Grounds. Now they do their testing in Michigan and move to Arizona for winter season (Nov-Mar) testing.

They said Michigan Proving Grounds.

I think Ford sold their FL Proving Grounds also.

This is why Ford has more cash than GM !

Sorry for the confusion.

Ford scanned the Silver Creek course and rebuilt it in concrete at the Michigan proving grounds.

My point was that Chrysler now has the original Silver Creek course, and I'm curious whether they'll use it to make their trucks tougher. My guess? No, they won't.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ford scanned the Silver Creek course and rebuilt it in concrete at the Michigan proving grounds.

My point was that Chrysler now has the original Silver Creek course, and I'm curious whether they'll use it to make their trucks tougher. My guess? No, they won't.

They expected this to help out with costs.....now, with the new Silver Creek being in Michigan, they don't have to spend $$$$ to ship their vehicles across the country and back.

Edited by rmc523