Bailouts Denied!!! RIP General Motors...

This sounds like survival of the fittest and no doubt suppliers are extremely nervous at this prospect.

GM's suppliers should be all talking to Ford and Toyota about ramping up orders to transition from GM.

Could this be Republican grandstanding ahead of a magnanamous offer to save the industry.

Edited by jpd80

Any confirmation on this? :reading:
I'm not sure there's been time yet. Shepard Smith said they had just heard, by word of mouth, that there simply are not enough votes to pass a bill. This comes straight from the top leaders of the senate and the house. Story broke a minute or so before I wrote this topic.

This from bloomberg

Bush Administration Said to Not Seek Remaining Bailout Funds

By Alison Vekshin

Nov. 17 (Bloomberg) -- The Bush administration will not seek the $350 billion remaining as part of the $700 billion financial-rescue package, leaving it to the next administration to request the funds, a person familiar with the matter said.

With weeks remaining in the Bush term, the Treasury Department will defer to President-elect Barack Obama to request the funds after he takes office on Jan. 20, the person said.

This is a neat way of Bush administration avoiding debate on whether car makers should access funding.

Throw it on the next administration's head. This doesn't bode well for GM but Ford will squeek through.

Most likely if GM fails, Ford and Toyota may not see any increase next year due to slowing sales,

in that case GM's market share would probably disappear completely along with half of US suppliers.

I dont like the sound of that - not at all!!

Edited by jpd80

I'm not sure there's been time yet. Shepard Smith said they had just heard, by word of mouth, that there simply are not enough votes to pass a bill. This comes straight from the top leaders of the senate and the house. Story broke a minute or so before I wrote this topic.

The Republican party is the stick in the cogs apparently....I just see this as a delay till Obama takes office.....the ramifications are stupendous....then again it is the republicans.....

The Republican party is the stick in the cogs apparently....I just see this as a delay till Obama takes office.....the ramifications are stupendous....then again it is the republicans.....
I agree. It appears that aside from debates going on between reps and dems, the republican party is clashing internally as well.

I agree. It appears that aside from debates going on between reps and dems, the republican party is clashing internally as well.

they're just pi$$ed their guy lost...pure spite, LOL! the more shite they can put on Obamas table the better it seems.....I'm sure there is no simple answer, but they HAVE to hash it out with a VIABLE answer...hell, one black mark is Chrysler just paid its big wigs a $30mill bonus...tell me that doesn't seem out and out wrong!............

they're just pi$$ed their guy lost...pure spite, LOL! the more shite they can put on Obamas table the better it seems.....I'm sure there is no simple answer, but they HAVE to hash it out with a VIABLE answer...hell, one black mark is Chrysler just paid its big wigs a $30mill bonus...tell me that doesn't seem out and out wrong!............
Indeed. Chrysler makes me sick these days. They have no right to ask for any money. Hell, they already have it available. :censored:

I like him. More often times than not, he is better informed than the experts that he interviews.

His stuff on Fox Business channel is much better than "Your World" on FNC, which seems to appeal to the lowest-common-denominator a bit too much. I don't catch him much anymore though over the past few years now that I work later.

His stuff on Fox Business channel is much better than "Your World" on FNC, which seems to appeal to the lowest-common-denominator a bit too much. I don't catch him much anymore though over the past few years now that I work later.
True, but I honestly can't watch FBC for more than 15 minutes without a fix...