Thanks to Larry King

Link to the interview: http://video.aol.com/partner/cnn/larry-kin...cid=VIDLRVNWS04

Here's the shot I think you're referring to:

newfords.jpg

EDIT -- Escape, Milan, Fiesta in front row. Fusion and MKZ in back row.

Another interesting note: Look closely at the Fiesta. I don't see a rear door handle. Is that a THREE-door???

EDIT AGAIN -- If anyone can edit this into a standard 1024x768 image and re-post, that would remove the distortion. I can't do it on this computer.

Edited by NickF1011

Man, Bill Ford looks really nervous on camera. I'm not sure if that's just how he normally is, but it's not good body language when you are talking about your company being the strongest of the three.

has to be awkward responding to a voice looking directly into a camera, but yes he did stumble a little, especially when one of the two call ins was a person whos Dealership had gone BK after listening to Ford Motor Credits promise to help.......not FMc's fault a store is not profitable enought to stay afloat....all they can assist in is perhaps a flooring break....man...WTF is up with peoples TOTAL lack of accountability....

I think the SUV is an Escape. The picture looks stretched to me.

You're right. Is an Escape. Image is stretched becuase it's a screen shot of a standard-def video in a high-def player. I have worthless image editing software on this PC. All I can do is crop and resize. :doh:

Edited by NickF1011

That most certainly is Escape, Fusion Hybrid, and 3-door Fiesta in the front row. I'm not sure if it is the US-Spec Fiesta though. Earlier yesterday on the Nightly Business Report, they were interviewing Mr. Mulally from that same room and there was no doubt that Fiesta was a 3-door.

Edited by Alex D.

That most certainly is Escape, Fusion Hybrid, and 3-door Fiesta in the front row. I'm not sure if it is the US-Spec Fiesta though. Earlier yesterday on the Nightly Business Report, they were interviewing Mr. Mullally from that same room and there was no doubt that Fiesta was a 3-door. On Nick's pic you can barely see a piece of a white bumper behind the Escape, but that is the MKT and that is one attractive looking crossover I must say. Got a good look at it on the show last night.

So where was that video shot? Looks like a staging area for an auto show display or something.

So where was that video shot? Looks like a staging area for an auto show display or something.

As specific as they would get with respect to the location of that room was the "product development center in Dearborn" and that's it. Perhaps those cars were put on display for these two shows? I'm not sure but yeah it could be for a display too. I'm not real familiar with the location unfortunately.

Man, Bill Ford looks really nervous on camera. I'm not sure if that's just how he normally is, but it's not good body language when you are talking about your company being the strongest of the three.

Yeah, I like BF a lot, but other times I've seen him on camera he doesn't come off that great.

BTW, Versa-Tech sure is providing a high level of entertainment with his avatars . . .

Judging by the lack of body gap, I would say it is in fact a three-door :yup:

It's a 5 Door, blow the image up and you'll see the door edge runing vertically up

from the top of the rear wheel arch. The 3-door versions have a much longer front door.

Edited by jpd80

It's a 5 Door, blow the image up and you'll see the door edge runing vertically up

from the top of the rear wheel arch. The 3-door versions have a much longer front door.

Definitely looks like a 3-door to me. The

The door edge doesn't run up where you are indicating on the 5-door. I think what you are seeing is just a result of artifacting in the image. And the door length is a bit skewed by the stretching of the image. The rear side glass is still considerably large on the 3-door. Plus I still see no hint at all of a rear door handle.

To refresh our memories:

Ford%20Fiesta%205-door.jpg

2267228132_b9dc9f383b.jpg

Definitely looks like a 3-door to me. The

The door edge doesn't run up where you are indicating on the 5-door. I think what you are seeing is just a result of artifacting in the image. And the door length is a bit skewed by the stretching of the image. The rear side glass is still considerably large on the 3-door. Plus I still see no hint at all of a rear door handle.

To refresh our memories:

Ford%20Fiesta%205-door.jpg

2267228132_b9dc9f383b.jpg

I want, and I WANT IT NOW!

Here's a really crappy picture that I took off of my computer screen (I'm tech-savvy like that haha) of the Nightly Business Report and you can clearly see that the Fiesta is a 5-door by evidence of the rear door handle. This is also the same car in the pic that Nick posted.

post-26859-1229547626_thumb.jpg

Here's a really crappy picture that I took off of my computer screen (I'm tech-savvy like that haha) of the Nightly Business Report and you can clearly see that the Fiesta is a 5-door by evidence of the rear door handle. This is also the same car in the pic that Nick posted.

post-26859-1229547626_thumb.jpg

Disappointing. The excitement this thread started with is now gone. There is zero news here now. :boring:

Not my hopes. Just the hopes of everyone who wanted a 3-door. I was never planning to buy a Fiesta anyway.

Another lame decision by Ford brass. Yay.

Gotta agree Nick. I don't want a Fiesta either but a 3-door would be a nice addition to complete the product portfolio. I have to think not having a three door would be purely speculative at this point since I don't think any announcement has been officially made. But hey if we don't get the 3-door at least a hatch will return by way of the 5-door anyway to satisfy those buyers seeking the increased functionality a hatchback offers.

Edited by Alex D.

Gotta agree Nick. I don't want a Fiesta either but a 3-door would be a nice addition to complete the product portfolio. I have to think not having a three door would be purely speculative at this point since I don't think any announcement has been officially made. But hey if we don't get the 3-door at least a hatch will return by way of the 5-door anyway to satisfy those buyers seeking the increased functionality a hatchback offers.

It's a start I suppose. Now we just have to wait another year and a half to drive one. :banghead: