Thanks to Larry King

Like I said in another thread, the Fiesta is turning into Ford's Camaro. :censored:

I for one will be pi$$ed if that is deemed true, however we have plenty of new stuff to quell our immediate desires...but that Fiesta would be selling like hot-cakes, and dare i say it, if they DO delay it too long it becomes old news and starts to date....

I for one will be pi$$ed if that is deemed true, however we have plenty of new stuff to quell our immediate desires...but that Fiesta would be selling like hot-cakes, and dare i say it, if they DO delay it too long it becomes old news and starts to date....

It's almost becoming old news here. Will we even care about it in 2010?

perhaps they will nullify our disdain by releasing them with eco boosts and other goodies....

What would you like Ford to do? It just started gutting its plant in Mexico and it's going to take about 12 months to do the complete job and man it and train workers for launch date. You guys know better than that....it takes years to bring a new vehicle to market.

I may be wrong, but didn't Farley get Ford to add 3 door hatch to already planned 4 door Fiesta sedan? And next Focus I believe will come in 4 door sedan and 5 door hatch versions. That is what I heard anyway. Maybe I'm all wrong. Don't see reasoning behind offering 5 door Fiesta and Focus hatches. Offer more body style variations instead of offering same for both.

What would you like Ford to do? It just started gutting its plant in Mexico and it's going to take about 12 months to do the complete job and man it and train workers for launch date. You guys know better than that....it takes years to bring a new vehicle to market.

I may be wrong, but didn't Farley get Ford to add 3 door hatch to already planned 4 door Fiesta sedan? And next Focus I believe will come in 4 door sedan and 5 door hatch versions. That is what I heard anyway. Maybe I'm all wrong. Don't see reasoning behind offering 5 door Fiesta and Focus hatches. Offer more body style variations instead of offering same for both.

Oh beleive me I understand completely delays...my answer THEN DONT TEASE US WITH A MODEL 2 YEARS PRIOR TO RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!! one should have learnt from prior mistakes.....the excitement fizzles out....AND the competition has a stationary target with the ability to leapfrog at the drop of a hat...hell, I've seen honda concepts that could EASILY be mistaken for the Fiesta...pure plagerism....

Only body styles officially approved so far are the 4-door sedan and 5-door hatch. Been rumors of a 3-door. Who knows at this point. And yeah, we know it takes a long time to set up a factory. Point is, it's embarrassing that everywhere else is having no problems getting it out on the market relatively quickly. Good old Ford NA had to drag its feet from the get-go and get into the program late. This vehicle COULD have launched at the same time it did in Europe.

perhaps they will nullify our disdain by releasing them with eco boosts and other goodies....
That's an interesting point. If Ford really wanted to change the game, why not release a 1.0L Ecoboost Fiesta? It would completely dominate it's class in fuel and possibly even best some hybrids' fuel economy. Hmmm, I wonder if this has been the plan all along...

That's an interesting point. If Ford really wanted to change the game, why not release a 1.0L Ecoboost Fiesta? It would completely dominate it's class in fuel and possibly even best some hybrids' fuel economy. Hmmm, I wonder if this has been the plan all along...

if its not here for another year certainly gives them more time, although I think the 1.6 is a definite...and has been getting great reveiws for peppiness and smooooooooooothness.....finally a 4 that rivals you know who....

if its not here for another year certainly gives them more time, although I think the 1.6 is a definite...and has been getting great reveiws for peppiness and smooooooooooothness.....finally a 4 that rivals you know who....
I'm not saying to offer an EB1.0 as an exclusive, only an option. But furthermore, I am implying that Ford has already been working on the EB1.0, just keeping it under wraps.

It should not be hard to add EB to an engine. You just have to test it to make sure it will be reliable.

I don't think Ford makes a 1.0 L. So the 1.0 L EB would be an all new engine. The hardest part will be determining if there is a market for this engine before development and production.

Ford should make a deal with a Japanese automaker to license EB techology to produce a 0.7 L EB for Smart size cars and small hybrids.

Problem with 2 door versions of sedans is they sit on dealer lots, because the kids who want them cant afford new cars, new car insurance, and wait for used. But if no new buyers, then they cant offer new 2 doors.

There is a reason the EVO and WRX are 4 doors. To save $$ to base on the main selling body design.

has to be awkward responding to a voice looking directly into a camera, but yes he did stumble a little, especially when one of the two call ins was a person whos Dealership had gone BK after listening to Ford Motor Credits promise to help.......not FMc's fault a store is not profitable enought to stay afloat....all they can assist in is perhaps a flooring break....man...WTF is up with peoples TOTAL lack of accountability....

I live close enough to Blair, NE and Omaha to sort of have an idea what happened there. There is a Ford dealer in Blair, NE named Woodhouse. They pretty much crush everyone in regional area. I live in Southeastern SD and there are a lot of Woodhouse vehicles driving around here. I have never seen this dealership, but from what I hear it is actually a large field between 2 hills with cars and trucks stretching as far as the eye can see. From what I hear it is nothing fancy either, almost an eyesore. Maybe Richard has seen Woodhouse, I have only heard of it. They currently have 929 Ford's in stock. They also sell several other brands at other dealerships in the Omaha area. They have a total of 3149 new vehicles in stock for all of their brands according to their website.

Everyone I talk to say to go to Woodhouse because they sell for less then anyone else. It is pretty hard to deal with that kind of volume when you are a competitor. I feel sorry for the woman calling in about her dealership going under, but I don't think this was Ford's fault. They should have found a way to compete with Woodhouse, but they couldn't. She was just bitter because a mega dealer won the market.

Just to get an idea of this place here is a sat. image off of Yahoo Maps. Yes all those little dots on both sides of the road are vehicles! Now was it really Ford's fault this small dealer could not compete? Sure Ford might have been partial to Woodhouse, but can you really blame them? They are in business to sell vehicles.

post-19901-1229649203_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2005Explorer

I live close enough to Blair, NE and Omaha to sort of have an idea what happened there. There is a Ford dealer in Blair, NE named Woodhouse. They pretty much crush everyone in regional area. I live in Southeastern SD and there are a lot of Woodhouse vehicles driving around here. I have never seen this dealership, but from what I hear it is actually a large field between 2 hills with cars and trucks stretching as far as the eye can see. From what I hear it is nothing fancy either, almost an eyesore. Maybe Richard has seen Woodhouse, I have only heard of it. They currently have 929 Ford's in stock. They also sell several other brands at other dealerships in the Omaha area. They have a total of 3149 new vehicles in stock for all of their brands according to their website.

Everyone I talk to say to go to Woodhouse because they sell for less then anyone else. It is pretty hard to deal with that kind of volume when you are a competitor. I feel sorry for the woman calling in about her dealership going under, but I don't think this was Ford's fault. They should have found a way to compete with Woodhouse, but they couldn't. She was just bitter because a mega dealer won the market.

Just to get an idea of this place here is a sat. image off of Yahoo Maps. Yes all those little dots on both sides of the road are vehicles! Now was it really Ford's fault this small dealer could not compete? Sure Ford might have been partial to Woodhouse, but can you really blame them? They are in business to sell vehicles.

their flooring must be outrageous...NOT a good thing when sales are down, ALL dealers here have LOWERED their inventory to counter...wonder if they own their land.....

wonder if cows wander in amoungst the inventory....

After doing a few minutes of research they are the largest F-series and second largest Ford dealer for all models in the USA. I wonder who the largest overall Ford dealer is?

I know many people in my town that drive down to Woodhouse to get cars and trucks and they say the place is a total ghetto, but the deals are great. They don't have any lot maintenance other then chasing the cows! I am sure overshoes are mandatory if you work there.

After doing a few minutes of research they are the largest F-series and second largest Ford dealer for all models in the USA. I wonder who the largest overall Ford dealer is?

I know many people in my town that drive down to Woodhouse to get cars and trucks and they say the place is a total ghetto, but the deals are great. They don't have any lot maintenance other then chasing the cows! I am sure overshoes are mandatory if you work there.

largest + Galpin...apparently in the world..._

has to be awkward responding to a voice looking directly into a camera, but yes he did stumble a little, especially when one of the two call ins was a person whos Dealership had gone BK after listening to Ford Motor Credits promise to help.......not FMc's fault a store is not profitable enought to stay afloat....all they can assist in is perhaps a flooring break....man...WTF is up with peoples TOTAL lack of accountability....

Wasn't the AFA boycott of Ford huge in Nebraska? By the way, many of these dealers wen to the big banks chasing .5% lower wholesale rates and a few incentives. The profits the banks make goes to the bank to be distributed to thei shareholders, If they use Ford Motor Credit, the profits go back to Ford to invest in new vehicles. What typically happens when things get tough, the banks pull thi credit line and leave the deales hanging and when they try to come back to Ford Credit, their financial situation is so poor they get turned away. Most dealers that stick with Ford Motor Credit will not get turned away that easy because that is their only source of business and they usually get help in tough times, not sent away. It is always harder to take someone back that left you in good times.

Definitely need to check this person's story out as there is usually a lot more to it.

Wasn't the AFA boycott of Ford huge in Nebraska?

They claim it was. I think it had more to do with trucks being higher volume in Nebraska than in most areas of the country, and since Ford's truck sales have declined more than their car sales over the past several years, they undoubtedly lost a higher percentage of sales in places like Nebraska than in more populated states.