Ford Increasing Production 25%

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 25% increase in the second quarter as discussed and written in several articles is compared to earlier second quarter production already announced.

That's what I was thinking. Previously projected to increase production for Q2 by 10000 units, now they plan to increase production by 12500 units - 25% more.

I think Ford is milking their relative (compared to the other 2) success fairly skillfully lately. They are marketing themselves as the bright spot in this dismal economic situation, even though at most any other time, they would be considered teetering on the brink.

I think the 25% increase in the second quarter as discussed and written in several articles is compared to earlier second quarter production already announced.

Aha! I have the correct figures now: Ford plans on producing 435,000 vehicles in N.A. during 2nd quarter. Now for recent press release:

In the first quarter, Ford produced 349,000 cars in North America, a 50% decline, as the auto industry moved to reduce inventory levels and struggled with sharply reduced sales. Ford sales dropped 41% in March. The company now projects full-year North America vehicle sales around 10.5 million, the lower end of its forecast range, but above the 9.8 rate of the first quarter.

So Ford plans on increasing production to the tune of 86,000 vehicles if my math is correct, about a 25% increase over 1st quarter production. So this should end the confusion by Nick and others.

Mulally interview to be on CNBC at 12:10 ET. Let's check it out.

Let's see, Chry to file next week, GM shutting down for nine weeks, Mulally said 25% increase for 2nd qtr.

What can be inferred is that Ford plans to eat what's left of Big Two's lunch!

Let's see, Chry to file next week, GM shutting down for nine weeks, Mulally said 25% increase for 2nd qtr.

What can be inferred is that Ford plans to eat what's left of Big Two's lunch!

Looking at new vehicle sales in April as compared to March, I'm not very impressed. Ford dealers by me were very busy last month, but very slow this month. I believe the increased bankruptcy talk is huring everyones sales, but especially GM and Chrysler. The Chevy dealer by me is super slow while the Ford dealar by me is just slow. I doubt if April sales figures coming out next Friday will be very decent. Pretty dismal if you ask me. Only silver lining could be fleet sales, but not retail sales.

Alan Mulally has to the most positive, optimistic guy in America right now. He is always so upbeat and most of time sounds like Ford commercial. His meetings must be full of smiley faces and would make a cheerleader look depressed in comparison. :happy feet:

While I am sure part has to do with the company he heads is not in the same shape of GM and Chrysler the flip side to that and what he is thinking is

I can't resist either:

Name ONE time when massive government spending EVER pulled a country out of recession and out of debt.

Nobody can.

Case closed.

Massive government spending for WW2 pulled us out of the Great Depression. If the private sector is tapped out, who exactly will pull us out of tailspin other than the government? It's our money, and in last election those who voted Obama and the Democrats in expected them to do just what they are doing now....get us out of another Republican mess.

You need to crack open a history book, it happened in 1991, not 2003

The first police action didn't financially benefit the Iraqi people, it helped out Kuwait. The second police action, which forcefully removed a leader form a sovereign nation, is what financially impacted the civilians.

Now they can get fat on Big Mac's just like us.

Aha! I have the correct figures now: Ford plans on producing 435,000 vehicles in N.A. during 2nd quarter. Now for recent press release:

In the first quarter, Ford produced 349,000 cars in North America, a 50% decline, as the auto industry moved to reduce inventory levels and struggled with sharply reduced sales. Ford sales dropped 41% in March. The company now projects full-year North America vehicle sales around 10.5 million, the lower end of its forecast range, but above the 9.8 rate of the first quarter.

So Ford plans on increasing production to the tune of 86,000 vehicles if my math is correct, about a 25% increase over 1st quarter production. So this should end the confusion by Nick and others.

Does anyone have a hunch which vehicles will be targeted for volume increases or is it all of them?