California already working on emission regulations for beyond 2016

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have had it for years.

The 2004- F-150 has a magnesium radiator support assembly.

Because the magnesium corrodes quickly when in contact with steel and an electrolyte (salt water) called galvanic corrosion, Ford uses aluminum spacers between the magnesuim and steel parts. You can see the spacers if you look, Ford issued recomended handling procedures for magnesium on these trucks. For their trouble the '04 magnesium radiator support was 12 lbs lighter than the previous steel part.

Aluminum was also used extensively in the '04 and newer F-150. The hood and front lower suspension control arms are two of the best known examples.

And everyone thinks the '04- F-150s are too heavy imagine their weight if Ford hadn't used these materials.

'07-up Super Duty does too.

$630k would have paid for some teachers.

But $630 million?

Knowing just how big CARB's budget is, and since the US is now in line with CA demands, they could close down CARB and save huge money. I mean. That is what I would expect my state to do if it were Bazillion $ in the red. Oh, but that is a huge special interest group. Better close down some schools instead.

Peace and Blessings

$630k would have paid for some teachers.

But $630 million?

Knowing just how big CARB's budget is, and since the US is now in line with CA demands, they could close down CARB and save huge money. I mean. That is what I would expect my state to do if it were Bazillion $ in the red. Oh, but that is a huge special interest group. Better close down some schools instead.

Peace and Blessings

right there has my angst wrapped up in a bottle...priorities are all out of whack....but at least illiterate crinimals can breathe fresh air and drive further in televised car chases.....education...pfffffffffffft!

right there has my angst wrapped up in a bottle...priorities are all out of whack....but at least illiterate crinimals can breathe fresh air and drive further in televised car chases.....education...pfffffffffffft!

No kidding!

Just imagine how many bridges they could fix! 150k bridges at or past expiration in this country. Pretty sure a bunch of them are likely to be in CA. Hmmmmm, force CARB on the rest of the country or prevent more bridges from killing people. Sometimes I don't understand why the answer seems so difficult??? I mean. Clearly CA should keep CARB!!!

Peace and Blessings

No kidding!

Just imagine how many bridges they could fix! 150k bridges at or past expiration in this country. Pretty sure a bunch of them are likely to be in CA. Hmmmmm, force CARB on the rest of the country or prevent more bridges from killing people. Sometimes I don't understand why the answer seems so difficult??? I mean. Clearly CA should keep CARB!!!

Peace and Blessings

not sure whom to blame...but whomever is in charge of $ allocation should be drawn and quartered...

Lets hope the San Andreas fault lines opens up California floats out to sea past those Polar Bears topping up their tan on the iceburgs and sink without trace.

The world biggest consumer of fossil fuels in the world will be no more, US trade deficit would half and Toyota Prius sales would fall by another 98%.

Lets hope the San Andreas fault lines opens up California floats out to sea past those Polar Bears topping up their tan on the iceburgs and sink without trace.

The world biggest consumer of fossil fuels in the world will be no more, US trade deficit would half and Toyota Prius sales would fall by another 98%.

:rockon:

No kidding!

Peace and Blessings

note to all the Ca bashers....Deficits in 48 of 50 states

Overall, 48 states faced real-time or projected funding shortages during this budget cycle, according to msnbc.com’s review of all 50 state budgets. The exceptions were Texas and North Dakota.

Honestly, I totally forgot about L.A until you mentioned it. They sure have fallen far from their heyday.

Tell me about it...differnce between a Kings game and the Ducks...at the Kings game the guy next to you was crushing a beer can against his skull.....Anaheim...the guy is wondering if his Strawberry Daquiri is shaken or stirred

Tell me about it...differnce between a Kings game and the Ducks...at the Kings game the guy next to you was crushing a beer can against his skull.....Anaheim...the guy is wondering if his Strawberry Daquiri is shaken or stirred

Pity the Kiwis didn't have a national Ice Hockey team,

imagine those big fearsome maoris getting stuck into other teams players and the HAKA on ice.....

Overall, 48 states faced real-time or projected funding shortages during this budget cycle, according to msnbc.com’s review of all 50 state budgets. The exceptions were Texas and North Dakota.

As someone who is from and still living in North Dakota, let me just say

YIPPEE!

Yea. But CA is the only place where Government has truely become a burden on the People! :hysterical: Time to put a lien on the State Capital and other things! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I wish I could find some stats but having no luck.

How many years in a row AND how many years in all has CA handed out IOU's??? I think KS is the only other one doing so this year.

How many states were unable to balance their budgets out of the last 20 years Prior to end of Fiscal year?

And all that CA can do is increase taxes and fees driving many many more small companies into bankruptcy or out of the state.

Peace and Blessings

Good post. It has become very fashionable to "bash" California these days. I am not sure why. Does it have to do with weather, the economy, job prospects, etc. (in good times) or the fact that the average house in a DECENT AREA still can't be had for much less than 400K? I don't know.

What I can tell you, is having grown up in Southern California my entire life is that the air is way cleaner than when I was a child. A remarkable feat at best when you consider there are now roughly twice as many cars (and people) than when I was a child. Does this have to do with CARB, our own air standards, our special gasoline that contains more oxygen molecules, our extra smog equipment on cars? Maybe.

Now I think I will just sit here in my "average house" in a decent area and wait for that next earthquake that will send us off sailing to New Zealand or something.

Edited by CKNSLS