Ford Motor Company May 2009 Sales Figures

So that means dealers aren't giving any? Every dealer I pass by I see them, my comment was based on my experience, and in response to the comment implying G8 sales are only high due to "incentives". It's like some people just can't admit to themselves that it's an incredible car, and an incredible value even at full price. This isn't a political forum or a college class, do I need to footnote my posts to be accepted here now?

I wasn't one commenting on the G8, so leave that out of it. Incentive spending was down. That would include dealer cash. Not much else to figure out.

Edited by NickF1011

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that means dealers aren't giving any? Every dealer I pass by I see them, my comment was based on my experience, and in response to the comment implying G8 sales are only high due to "incentives". It's like some people just can't admit to themselves that it's an incredible car, and an incredible value even at full price. This isn't a political forum or a college class, do I need to footnote my posts to be accepted here now?

G8 sales increased by around 50% from April to May and you don't think that incentive spending might have had something to do with it?

Also, I've stated it before but I'll state it again for the record here: the G8 is a great car (one of the few I would buy from GM) and I would be taking advantage of the incentives if I were in the market for a new car right now.

Also, I've stated it before but I'll state it again for the record here: the G8 is a great car (one of the few I would buy from GM) and I would be taking advantage of the incentives if I were in the market for a new car right now.

I considered the G8 for awhile, but not anymore after what GM has become. Taurus SHO is sounding better all the time.

I considered the G8 for awhile, but not anymore after what GM has become. Taurus SHO is sounding better all the time.

My wife's LS has 80K on it now but we've decided to keep it awhile longer. When the time comes, I may try to steer her toward a used G8 or CTS. I don't mind having a FWD eco car for a daily work car but I like having a RWD car in the family (she seems to like it as well).

My wife's LS has 80K on it now but we've decided to keep it awhile longer. When the time comes, I may try to steer her toward a used G8 or CTS. I don't mind having a FWD eco car for a daily work car but I like having a RWD car in the family (she seems to like it as well).

The SHO isn't FWD...and it sure isn't an economy car :P

:lol: I know. I wasn't saying it was. I referring to my Fusion.

A SHO would be nice as well but I'm pretty sure a used G8 will be cheaper to buy.

:lol: Gotcha!

I'm sure a used G8 would be cheaper too (a new one would be too, for that matter). So would a used SHO when they hit the market. But, to me at least, the SHO looks like a much nicer car, especially on the interior.

:lol: Gotcha!

I'm sure a used G8 would be cheaper too (a new one would be too, for that matter). So would a used SHO when they hit the market. But, to me at least, the SHO looks like a much nicer car, especially on the interior.

True. When the time comes to retire the LS, I'm sure our short list will include the SHO.

OK...overall any increase in market share is a good thing in this economy (what i thought the stimulous was to end this)..anyhow...for ford to have any hope F150 sales need to increase and if as you say 8K per month on stang sales is good (personally i think it is mediocore at best) then so be it...overall increase in market share is just damn tuff to argue against..your loving friend snooter (aka michelle)

Why did they only sell 3,000 G8's if its so incredible, even the Crown Vic sold more than that it must be super incredible to sell 3,700 units.

What is a G8 anyway gotta say l have never heard of a G8?

Nice to see the Flex picking up and eating into the Traverse's lead. Was always going to be a tough climb with polarizing that styling, but it picked up 1,300 on last month and 1,600 over it's YTD average. Great trend and EcoBoost has yet to arrive!

And Still Mustang > Camaro makes me happy. Bring on the 5L!

Why did they only sell 3,000 G8's if its so incredible, even the Crown Vic sold more than that it must be super incredible to sell 3,700 units.

What is a G8 anyway gotta say l have never heard of a G8?

Yes you have, it's the Holden Commodore SS, or the Vauxhall VXR8.

Arch nemisis of the Ford Falcon

OK...overall any increase in market share is a good thing in this economy (what i thought the stimulous was to end this)..anyhow...for ford to have any hope F150 sales need to increase and if as you say 8K per month on stang sales is good (personally i think it is mediocore at best) then so be it...overall increase in market share is just damn tuff to argue against..your loving friend snooter (aka michelle)

Is 8K good? In this economy, yes.

Am I satisfied with 8K? Far from it.

8.8K, why is everyone rounding that down to 8? SHouldn't we be rounding UP to 9 or down to 8 1/2 at worst? :stirpot: Anyway, we'll see how it does when the market is trending positive and the 5L has arrived. If it's doing nearly 9k now, 5L and a healthy market should be quite good indeed.

Anyone got any idea why Flex suddenly took off, advertising or grass roots presence in the community?

I would not call 15K units YTD "taking off". It is in the bottom third of all Ford vehicles.

Sales on the west coast have "exceeded expectations" ever since the Flex hit the market !

I would not call 15K units YTD "taking off". It is in the bottom third of all Ford vehicles.

Sales on the west coast have "exceeded expectations" ever since the Flex hit the market !

4,300 of them in the last month alone, before that they were like 2,000 a month.

I keep forgetting Americans have this notion that unless something sell 40,000 a month it's a failure.

4,300 of them in the last month alone, before that they were like 2,000 a month.

I keep forgetting Americans have this notion that unless something sell 40,000 a month it's a failure.

Maybe its the rebates on thm thats finally getting people to look? I dont know what tey are offering, but the local Ford dealer had some nicely equipped, two tone ones for the 33K range. Being in SoCal, i can confirm that i really am starting to see them alot more now. It took a while to see my first one, but now they are no longer a rare sight on the road, just a welcome sight.